Why did alcohol not catch on in other continents like Europe?

Why did alcohol not catch on in other continents like Europe?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_alcoholic_drinks#Pre-Columbian_America
mongolia-trips.com/5-most-consumed-traditional-drinks-mongolia/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because the eternal white man craves blood

It did...

What spirits, wine taxonoma, beer styles not have European origin? Even Japanese beer brewing was originate from West pollination.

The only culture that doesn't drink is certain Protestant Christians and Muslims.

And look how those groups turn out.

I mean Euros drink. Indian drink, Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese Drink. Africans make alcohol from local fruit (except Muslim Africans).

So they all drink except Muslims.

And look how their shitholes are... Except for the really rich ones where the Princes chug $1000 whiskey and snort meth and beat their indentured servants.

The result is described by the chronicler Nestor. Of the Muslim Bulgarians of the Volga the envoys reported there is no gladness among them, only sorrow and a great stench. He also reported that Islam was undesirable due to its taboo against alcoholic beverages and pork.[19] Vladimir remarked on the occasion: "Drinking is the joy of all Rus'. We cannot exist without that pleasure."

lebanese arak

Persian beer bruh.

pic is a syrian alcohol called arak

I;m confused. Are the red the heavy drinkers? Then why on earth is russia blue?

drinking middle eastern alcohol
why tho? It's not good stuff.

Various kinds of rice and agave-based drinks are probably the most obvious examples.

Every culture on the planet found a way to make alcohol.

It did in the Americas

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_alcoholic_drinks#Pre-Columbian_America

red=rotten grapes
yellow=rotten barley
blue=alcohol (ethanol, if you get lucky) with water

meanr for

Though you gotta admit, we were a lot better at distillation than the oriental cultures.
I blame confucianism. Weird philosophies on balancing ones diet lead to one not consuming only meat and hard liquor. And that's bad.

>ITT every retard mentions culture and nobody mentions biology

White people have the best acetaldehyde oxidation which allows them to drink a lot, unlike Asians or native Americans.

No retard.

Red = wine
Yellow = beer
Blue = spirits

But why do we have it? Because some random mutation, or because of heavy drinking?

Oh, i see, thank you.
It can hardly be classified as an alcoholic belt, can it? Slavs, bless their souls, know how to get fucked fast.
Between fermented and distilled beverages, I'd say climate has a lot to do with it. Fermented beverages are quicker to spoil, but in more temperate climates it's not a huge issue, because it's produced for longer in the year.
As for distilled beverages up north, it's between going dry for the rest of the year or maybe drinking methanol.
I uh, I think I'd take the methanol.

I don't get it. Something is colour coded without a key, why is it that I'm supposed to intuitively know the key?

Weirdly enough I figured that on my own just by seeing the map. I guess you really aren't that smart.

/thread

>Slavs, bless their souls, know how to get fucked fast.
The exact opposite, they have the highest alcohol tolerance. Which is why they have to drink A LOT to get drunk.

Islam

Or perhaps your intellect dwarfs us lesser men. Or perhaps you simply drink more than I.
Since you are so wise, could you also explain to me the "belt" bit in the image name? I don't quite understand that, either.

>I'd say climate has a lot to do with it
Don't forget the mongols who brought the technology.

Alcohol tolerance is built by alcohol exposure.
And besides, even with a high alcohol tolerance 40% abv is still 40% abv.
But I tell ya, that's really the drinkers paradox, isn't it? you wanna get fucked fast, but the drinks no longer go as far you want them to.

For distillation?
Do you have a source? I don't doubt you, I'd just love to read about it.

Salafism especially

>mongolia-trips.com/5-most-consumed-traditional-drinks-mongolia/
>The Arkhi or milk vodka is the Mongolian traditional vodka. It’s distiled with fermented tarag (cow milk yogurt). The acider the yugurt is, the higher the alcohol range will be, about 15 to 20%. All nomads families have their own still. This alcohol is generally made in summer but it gets drunk all along the year. Monglians like to drink it when it’s still hot, straightaway after distillation.

But take it with grain of salt, I am just memeing what I've heard on /int/ during tradition Polish-Russian shitflinging who invented vodka.

That's fine, I appreciate it all the same.
If you're ever in Edmonton I owe you a drink.

How come the Vodka belt people never been in the wrong? Is it something in their food?

It did though. Japs for example drunk Sake for hundreds of years.

Then what the fuck are the green and purple ones, smartass?

Are you an American or merely pretending to be so?

>What spirits, wine taxonoma, beer styles not have European origin?

Beer was invented in Sumeria and Egypt, and wine was invented in Anatolia. Their beer and wine tasted pretty shit and was mainly used as an alternative to less potable water, and before they could start refining their processes and making higher quality liquors they were Islamified and alcohol production stopped entirely.

>Why did alcohol not catch on in other continents like Europe?

Chinese baijiu is, as Wikipedia puts it, "the most consumed distilled spirit in the world."

Europe is so great because alcohol has been part of our culture for entire existence
I'll go as far to say that the Middle East is a shithole because they don't drink alcohol

You'd go as far as to be wrong then.

Why? You think they need a drink and chill the fuck out?

>unmarried and/or unemployed sad European drowns his sorrows in booze
>arab in the same position cannot booze, instead becomes religious extremist
I suppose it's a possibility?

Could be, either way its hillarious idea.

Unemployed young men angry with something -are- one of the major driving forces of history.

May allah have mercy on your soul! Islamic countries have not adopted alcohol because we are not evil in heart like Europe. I hope one day you will be subject to allah's law. So you can lead a non sinful life. Though, most cumskins must die. I would love to slay the empire of evil and hate. I'd love to see the heads of the cumskin Europeans. At least they couldn't harm any more children by not raising them within muslim law.

Naw they still drown themselves in booze, unless the kids are super pious
it's more that they're gonna tear shit up anyways, they're underemployed young males, it's simply that religious extremism is the only game around for them to get with for tearing shit up.
going western used to be the good way to piss off ones parents when you were steaming in anger, nowadays not so much.

We only want to save Europe by instilling the values that have made the islamic world perfect. You lead lives of sin and we only want an end. I would only slay you out of love.

Alcohol has a massive effect all over the world
In NZ it's probably the main contributor to Maori poverty and education.

Evolution, those who can't handle their drink have been weeded out by natural selection over thousands of years,dying from alcohol.

Cause China has opium, India had weed and most of the Americas had psychedelics.