Have any of you seen Unsere Mütter, Unsere Väter? (Or 'Generation War' by its retarded English title)

Have any of you seen Unsere Mütter, Unsere Väter? (Or 'Generation War' by its retarded English title).

I just watched it today. Pretty good, I think.

Other urls found in this thread:

thejewishweek.com/arts/books/killers-jews-or-saviors-jews
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Army#Relations_with_Jews
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Żydokomuna
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its honestly ok, but it doesn't come close to the "Band of Brothers" feel it was going for.

>retarded English title
Let me guess, you like sub anime because it "sounds" natural. Pls leave.

I know it's retarded but i do actually perfer the film 1944 over this.
I say again, retarded.

If you watched Downfall in English dubb, then you are a fucking retard.

Actually I don't think they made that movie in English dubb because it would be a retarded idea.

It's top notch. Does an excellent job at making each of the main characters have extremely different experiences that emphasize a specific aspect of the war. Effective at communicating how it changes people, how much Germany fucked their own shit up, and still made the characters likeable (or at the very least interesting)

I'll watch whatever I wan to watch you fucking commie.

It was bretty good. I'm and American and naturally subject to watching American centered movies, but I try to watch ones made by other countries to gain perspective. This and downfall are the only German made movies ive seen about ww2 and i thoroughly enjoyed them both. Any other German ww2 movies Veeky Forums would recommend?

The Pollack bkaming was pretty ridiculous

Meh, they had to tone it down so much to be acceptable by the German audience. Even then it got a ton of shit for being apologetic.

lel what the fuck is that?

This. They literally made the Polish resistance look more antisemitic than the Nazis. Fucking Germans, man.

>Nazis literally executing Jewish children throughout the show
>Poles are seen as more anti-semitic because they refused to help jews, something that actually happened throughout Eastern Europe
>Poles are more anti-semitic for not helping than the people who are shooting fucking kids
I will never understand this meme.

one of those things you can only watch once, it was quite depressing

yeah Polish media got pretty ruffled by this

Jew media got ruffled as well. Apparently, semi-accurate portrayals are a no-no. I mean, were they as bad as the Nazis? No, but they weren't portrayed that way either. Were they still anti-semitic? Yes. They set up an entire Jewish resistance group separate from their own, just so they wouldn't have to deal with Jews. They even refused to arm the group, just give them food and shit.

There were pogroms in Poland before and even after the war, Kielce for example.

only once you say?

I think it was okay but not that great.

How?

The Polish resistance leader let the German Jew go and even handed him a weapon and wished him good luck.

The Nazis on the other hand - even the regular Wehrmacht soldiers - were seen executing people, even children, left and right.

I got a boner when that Russian soldier tried to rape the qt nurse. I was a bit pissed that the Commissar chick showed up and stopped him desu.

I saw it. I liked it. Was good.

Fall Gleiwitz. East German film about the false flag raid of Gleiwitz radio station by Germany to try and justify war with Poland. Apparently based off the testament of an SS officer.

Opinions on this Veeky Forums? haven't seen it yet want to know if it's worth the watch.

I liked it.

As a whole, the resistance acted anti-Semitic, the leader just happened to make an exception since the Jew proved his worth.

And, as a whole, the Polish Resistance acted anti-Semitic irl.

>Poles are seen as more anti-semitic because they refused to help jews, something that actually happened throughout Eastern Europe
"Eastern Europe" is a retarded generalisation. Prove that particularly Polish resistance refused to help Jews specifically because they were Jewish.
Then why Jews STILL managed to a noticable part of Home Army?
Not done by Polish resistance.
Prove it.

>They set up an entire Jewish resistance group separate from their own, just so they wouldn't have to deal with Jews.
Because they didn't trust the Jews. Many Jews were soviet spies and collaborators. There are numerous accounts how the Jewish people in the East greeted the Red Army with flowers in 1939.

thejewishweek.com/arts/books/killers-jews-or-saviors-jews

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Army#Relations_with_Jews

I hate to burst your bubble, little Polak, but your country was anti-semitic as well. The AK was well-known as an anti-semitic organization. You may not have gone murdery happy like Germany, but you sure as fuck purposely turned a blind eye.

>Then why Jews STILL managed to a noticable part of Home Army
Also they weren't. They weren't even a significant minority. There was a tiny handful of prominent jews within small sects of the AK, but the AK was a whole was anti-semitic.

Stalingrad (1993) is pretty good

>According to some sources, the bulk of Home Army antisemitic behavior can be ascribed to a small minority of members,[41] often affiliated with the far-right National Democracy (N.D., or "endecja") party, whose National Armed Forces organization was only partly integrated into the Home Army.[73][74] To the extent that wartime conditions permitted, the Home Army leadership tried to punish instances of antisemitic violence, on several occasions carrying out death sentences against such perpetrators.[41]
So anti-semitic.
>He writes of Armia Krajowa units welcoming Jews into their ranks, supplying arms and money and training to Jewish partisan units, organizing an ultimately unsuccessful effort to breach the walls of the Warsaw Ghetto at the start of the 1943 Uprising, condemning Poles who blackmailed Jews and looted Jewish property, rescuing Jews at the risk of AK members’ lives, helping to found the Committee to Aid the Jews (Zegota), maintaining a sometimes-on/sometimes-off relationship with the ZOB, sending members clandestinely into ghettoes and concentration camps to ascertain the life-threatening situations, and publicizing the Jewish plight through its underground press of the government-in-exile.
Literally Nazis.

I'm glad you're good at cherry picking. Allow me to assist you.

>Nonetheless, some Jewish sources have characterized the Home Army as antisemitic.[75][76][77][78][79] The matter remains controversial.[62][80][81]

>While the Home Army was largely untainted by collaboration with the Nazis during the Holocaust,[41] some historians have asserted that, due to antisemitism, the Home Army was reluctant to accept Jews into its ranks.[42][43][44]

>According to Antony Polonsky, General Stefan Grot-Rowecki, the Home Army's commander, made it clear in an order of 10 November 1942 that the Home Army did not regard the Jews as "part of our nation", and that action was not to be taken to defend them if it endangered other Home Army objectives.[60

If you checked Zimmerman's book, which I'm sure you didn't, it only covers a minority of instances to show the good parts of AK in regards to Jews. That's the whole reason he wrote the book. You didn't actually read the first link did you?

Which is why you linked some primary sources that attest to that claim, right?

I don't know if there are any books about this in English, but it's a well-known fact in Polish historiography.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Żydokomuna

>Another important factor was the dominance of Jews in the leadership of the Communist Party of Poland (KPP). According to multiple sources, Jews were well represented in the Polish Communist Party.[21][28] Notably, the party had strong Jewish representation at higher levels. Out of fifteen leaders of the KPP central administration in 1936, eight were Jews. Jews constituted 53% of the "active members" of the KPP, 75% of its "publication apparatus," 90% of the "international department for help to revolutionaries" and 100% of the "technical apparatus" of the Home Secretariat. In Polish court proceedings against communists between 1927 and 1936, 90% of the accused were Jews. In terms of membership, before its dissolution in 1938, 25% of KPP members were Jews; most urban KPP members were Jews—a substantial number, given an 8.7% Jewish minority in prewar Poland.[29]

>The image of Jews among the Belorussian and Ukrainian minorities waving red flags to welcome Soviet troops had great symbolic meaning in Polish memory of the period.[41] Young Jews joined or organized communist militias, others organized a new, communist, temporary self-government.[40] Such militias often disarmed and arrested Polish soldiers, policemen and other authority figures; often, Poles and the Polish states were mocked.[40]

>There were even some extreme cases of Jewish participation in massacres of ethnic Poles such as Massacre of Brzostowica Mała.[47][48]

>During Stalinism, the preferred Soviet policy was to keep sensitive posts in the hands of non-Poles. As a result "all or nearly all of the directors (of the widely despised Ministry of Public Security of Poland) were Jewish" as noted by Polish journalist Teresa Torańska among others.[71][72] A recent study by the Polish Institute of National Remembrance showed that out of 450 people in director positions in the Ministry between 1944 and 1954, 167 (37.1%) were of Jewish ethnicity, while Jews made up only 1% of the post-war Polish population.[31]

How about Das Boot?

Zerg face - a meme from /k/

Aye, its decent, even thogh its literally Chance Encounters: the series.

My biggest complaint would be the classical Teutonic rape fetish, when Soviets captured the fieldspital.

>Nonetheless, some Jewish sources have characterized the Home Army as antisemitic.
Quality proofs you got here. Absolutely no examples, just "they wuz antisemites 'n sheeeit (according to (SOME) Jewish sources"
>While the Home Army was largely untainted by collaboration with the Nazis during the Holocaust, some historians have asserted that, due to antisemitism, the Home Army was reluctant to accept Jews into its ranks.
(SOME) historians ASSERT that they were reluctant to recruit Jews, and yet there's absolutely no written proof from any kind of leadership, even from simple officers that they shouldn't be recruiting.
>Antony Polonsky
Nice source
>[...] General Stefan Grot-Rowecki, the Home Army's commander, made it clear in an order of 10 November 1942 that the Home Army did not regard the Jews as "part of our nation", and that action was not to be taken to defend them if it endangered other Home Army objectives
Again, ACCORDING TO Polonsky. I want a fucking paper directly saying "wtf Jews needs to fuck off, we hate them after living over a thousand years with them now".

I don't speak retardedslav so I can't give you a fucking primary source. I will say it's the same amount of proof you've given, cunt.

Then stop talking shit about things you don't fucking know about, maggot.

>Then stop talking shit about things you don't fucking know about, maggot.
It's common historiography, you fucking retard. I literally linked you a fucking book earlier and you rejected it because HURF DURF SECONDARY SOURCE

>Some user posts things that have first hand sources disproving that anti-semitism was a wide occurence in Armia Krajowa
>Another user begins autistic screeching for the sake of contrarian revisionism and his only sources are "ACCORDING TO (X HISTORIAN) we did something bad :(((((((((((()
Nice work :^)

>user posts things that have first hand sources disproving that anti-semitism was a wide occurence in Armia Krajowa
You did no such thing though.

>defending dubs
No you leave

The Home Army no less. Quite disrespectful. Germans have the money and influence so they get to dictate the narrative. No wonder it's so popular here.

Are germans greatest dindus?

Russians are the real masters. But nobody buys their shit outside of their own country.

>thejewishweek
Because jews are final authority about anytihng Jew related and anybody accused of antisemitism or worse is guilty without chance to defend themselves.

Why not just trow Jan Gross there?

To be honest, why shouldn't Poles be anti-semitic, when Jews welcomed the Red Army in 1939 and helped them massacre Polish villages, and later were a huge part of the Soviet partisan movement that sought the submission of Poland to the Soviet Union?

>t.germ dindu

Some of the characters should have been actual nazis instead of the whitewashing we got in the movie.

Isn't he like the poster boy of Polish historiography abroad? He used to write mid-tier history books that nobody read but then discovered that controversy sells. His books are not just full of misinformation but outright lies especially when it came to statistics.

Timothy Snyder is a better writer though even he got scared. When a historian writes a books sympathetic to the Poles they get blacklisted so he wrote a continuation to his Bloodlands called Blacklands in which he argued that for example Polish priests are guilty because they didn't preach hard enough against anti-Jewish policies. He "forgot" that there was a huge difference between the occupation in countries like France and Poland. Ridiculous especially since there are people who actually gave out their lives to help Jews.

He may not lie but twist facts and misinteret them and only (while pushing his agenda) ruins relations between Poles and Jews in long run, helping anti semites. Yes we should aknolage antisemitism, pogroms or ethic cleansing what happen but we shoudln't blow them out of proportions and force all Poles to take responsibility, especially since same thing Poles commited agiast other ethic groups and was commited on Poles also (especially stuff like Wolyn Masacre).
Claim that Poles are responsible for more Jew deaths thna Germans is also misleading since most time it few person telling nazi about Jews either for personal gain or for sake of their safety (what is especially important since Poland suffered really brutal ocupation unlike France).

Watch Stalingrad or Das Boot instead. Any fucking WW2 movie that focuses on the Jew killing is bound to be ideologically charged up to eleven.

It's alright
Not very good

Tries too hard to be some apologetic shit. Honestly the shoehorned Jewish friend character was stupid and unnecessary.

The situation in Poland was different than in other countries. The Jewish population was bigger and a part of it considered itself Polish. They were present in the army and in the scientific community and almost everyone had a Jew in their family. All things considered I think Poles did fine in WWII. Denouncing and other forms of aggression wasn't abnormally prevasive. The help was though which we also musn't forget. Some people are just shitty. I know I've met some people who would gladly go Jew hunting if given the opportunity. But people are afraid that these cases may be blown out of proportion and used to promote a certain narrative hence the Generation War controversy.

>after the war

There were still enough Jews left in Poland to pogrom after the war?

It was good but in this day and age it's impossible to create truly good media around WW2 events.

>not watching anime with subs when possible
jesus

>My biggest complaint would be the classical Teutonic rape fetish, when Soviets captured the fieldspital.

That girl deserved it desu,

>be one of the last five Jews in Poland
>get pogromed

Where did this happen?

The whole thing is incredibly fishy and everyone from the commies to the common people and even surviving Nazis are possible suspects. The massacre in Jedwabne for example was executed professionaly and the culprits were probably well-equipped. But there are so many conflicting versions. Unfortunately one Jewish sect said it's forbidden to dig out corpses for analysis. But there's been some change recently and we may know more in the future.

1968 was a worse year for Jews in Poland.

Anything that presents the Holocaust as real is shit. The entire myth relies on the taboo of questioning it. Once you look for evidence you'll be astonished at how obvious it all is.

Nazi fucktard.
Liar.
Shoah is real.
Your kind did it.
Aren't you proud of your deed?