Would Hitler of had a realistic shot at invading and occupying the USA if he had played his cards right?

Would Hitler of had a realistic shot at invading and occupying the USA if he had played his cards right?

How the hell would he play his cards right? He had huge logistical problems in Russia, how the hell could he support an invasion over the Atlantic? Operation Sea Lion 2.0?

No.

Even Japan had better odds at an occupation than the Germans. At least they occupied a few of our islands for a while.

Germany's best hope was Americans staying out of it, or retreating and staying out of it when their allies were defeated

no. hitler had no idea how to wage war.

>implying he needed to
You do realize /pol/ is more of a Clerical Right Wing than Hitler could have even imagined?

Nope. No real navy, no real strategic bombers, no real sealift capability. The best he could have done is sent some U-Boats to torpedo ships in the harbor and maybe have them launch small planes to drop a few hundred pounds of bombs on targets a few hundred miles inland. Even conquering England was pretty much out of the question, conquering the US is just plain absurd.

>I genuinely didn't realise this beforehand
I am really fucking stupid.

Hitler had no intentions of occupying the US.

Probably, not. An invasion of the mainland United States would have consumed alot of resources and they'd need those resources to occupy Europe. Maybe of africa.

Speaking of Africa, this picture give me a serious boner. Be right back, gotta go fap on /hm/.

If he had somehow taken control of Europe, maybe who ever his successor was could.

I doubt it, the ocean would be a huge disadvantage for Germany due to them taking longer to ship troops, orders, supplies, etc. Alongside this America was going strong both militarily and economically at the time

>Would Hitler of had a realistic shot at invading and occupying the USA if he had played his cards right?

Nigga, he didn't even have the logistical capabilities to invade England when he was occupying the entirety of the French coastline of the English Channel.

>that pic

WTF? wt fuck? what tha fuck? WHITEBOIS are supposed to compete with THAT?????

Not a chance.

Hitler and the Nazis couldn't even invade Britain, How the hell would they invade the USA? But let's just say Germany (somehow) took care of the USSR and the UK. They would then need to get through the USN and come up with enough ships to get the massive amount of men and material needed for the invasion across the Atlantic.

Then comes the hard part, which is waging war on a pretty sizable country, with said country having a very large wartime manufacturing industry.

This.
Also, no matter what Hitler did he was destined for conflict with the Soviets. It would have taken years of strictly navel build-up to invade England and even more years to even challenge the US Navy and challenge is used in the loosest of terms. look at the size of the US Navy at the end of WWII compared to the rest of the world's ships

>Bonerhat

Your old meme made me smile, mate

What about V2s and the atomic bomb? You don't think he would have inevitably launched nuclear V2s mass produced by conquered peoples and indiscriminately lobbed at the US to soften it up before an invasion?

No

Didn't Germany try to get in contact with Mexico for help in return of getting them their stolen land but a telegraph never made it?

That was WWI.

An invasion of the main land USA is one of the stupidest things you could possibly do especially from outside of the continent. You are facing a heavily armed populace on greatly varied terrain thousands of miles from your homeland. On top of that Canada is right next door.

That was ww1 and probably faked. And before any fags try to argue with me because you read it in muh McGraw Hill big Pharma textboom think about this.

Why would they trust such delicate information that could cost them a war to be sent over a telegraph? Why not send a diplomat with the message? Too convenient imo.

if it was real and germany had mexico's 100% support you think they would have gotten anything done?

That swings both ways though. Assuming the Nazis ever got nukes, the US would have them as well.

Again it was ww1, and probably not.

The impact would have largely insignificant. WWI was practically over by the time the US formerly entered and I doubt the war in Europe would have carried on even if fighting between the US and Mexico had occurred.

At what point did Hitler even indicate that he had plans to invade the United States?

>Hitler
>plans
Why wouldn't he have tried? Too difficult? :p

Atomic bombs are jewish physics my dude.

It was on the back of the napkin that Sealion was planned on.

With what freaking navy?

>irrational German hate meme
Cool thread, guies.

if he had made African Americans honorary Aryans like the Japanese yes

>pointing out Hitler's intellectual deficiency is a hate-crime against German people

Yes, if he managed to ally UK before the war, but we all know that would never happen

Checked.
Quints of the ultimate truth.
/thread

It could have been done in the summer of 44,simply take New York with the German navy then push down south to Florida then west to California.

That would be the worst way to attempt to conquer the USA. The Appalachian mountains, while nothing compared to the Alps, are still a major obstacle for any force invading from the east. Your route would drag Nazi forces along the entire range at a time when much of that is heavily wooded with few roads. You are also ignoring the Midwest, the industrial heart of America at the time, in favor of heading towards a largely inconsequential target in Florida.

>He doesn't know the US was supporting the Nazis

These are the stupid questions you ask when you have a meme understanding of history.

>you have to go back
>drumpf is german

oh the iron king

Jesus. Not a chance in hell.

It took the combined might of the allies, massive wartime production surplusses, not a few talented leaders and planners and a good dose of luck just to stage an amphibious assault across the narrow English Channel. How the fuck do you suppose someone was going to pull off a trans-Atlantic invasion? The logistics were beyond the means of any combination of powers of the day, to say nothing of the Germans.