It's funny how Normies are totally confused by frugality

It's funny how Normies are totally confused by frugality.
>make my first $100k
>"dude bro, wtf, don't you buy a sports car?!"
It really seems to irritate them.

Other urls found in this thread:

thomasjstanley.com/2012/01/drive-rich-or-be-rich/
youtube.com/watch?v=flz9WK3zl9A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Normies like to live vicariously through each other.

They see earning more money as means of having more stuff, rather than seeing more money as means of having to not worry about it

That's 90% of why I want the fattest of stacks. I don't spend alot, so when SHTF I always have enough to cover it instead of ripping my hair out over it.

Isn't that the mentality of everyone on Veeky Forums though?
Though I guess you're still not wrong then, most of the people on here are normalfags. Feels like 100 newfags get here daily.

Dude where's your Lambo?

im on the long con, although every now and then it wouldn't hurt to shave off a bit of cash every now and then so I can improve the quality of the stuff I make (A/V stuff)

>buys sports car, normies jack sports car
Buy ak-47 and bullets (^:

When we say Lamboland we don't mean we want to make $100k and spend the entire thing on a Lambo, it means we want to be multi millionaires that can actually justify the purchase.

Normies think HAVING $250k means spending it on a lambo.

THEN YOU DON'T HAVE $250k. You have a depreciating lambo sitting outside your parents basement

The average decamillionaire spends only around $50000 on their car.

thomasjstanley.com/2012/01/drive-rich-or-be-rich/

>make okayish money at job
>coworker knows I'm extremely frugal
>keeps asking me how much I have saved up in the bank like he plans to rob me
>keeps telling me I should "treat myself" to a nice meal out

I'm actually saving to /trv/ for 3 months, but that expenditure will only be like 30% of my annual savings. And hell, I'm even frugal when I travel because my /trv/ is /out/. I'd rather have one big, nice thing than a bunch of stupid little novelties.

Money solves problems. If you have no money and a problem arises, you suffer and/or are simply fucked. I keep a nice cushion.

>explain bitcoins to normie
>Wow! How many bitcoins do you have, user?

they never realize that it would be the exact same to be asked about how much money i have in my bank account

I just want to make money so i can buy my private army and destabilize the middle east a little bit more

>justgirlythings

Kek but realistically the first thing id buy is an eb5 visa and become an immigrant investor so i can move to the us

>"I have one"
>"then why does it say $50k on your app thing"

They said sports car, not lambo. Completely different and justifianle. If you make 100k and dont throw 15k at a used m5, you are not living it up.
Rev up that v8 for the skidds nigger.

>oh, a couple
>really? that sounds like nothing

Normies think having a shoe collection is of sound logic

hahaha.
Yea, never understood this. Fucking normies man, how do they even survive.

The outlandish negro rap video lifestyle has been marketed to them for thirty years and they see anything else as a direct attack on their last shreds of masculinity.

I just want money so I can live in peace shiposting all day on /a/ and watching anime, meanwhile in RL I'm almost bald because I can't help but feel anxious about the future all day, I'm 24 YO, live in a poor SA cunt and I'm a college dropout.

I don't want fucking lambos or expensive smartphones, all I want is peace...

me too, lad
me too

youtube.com/watch?v=flz9WK3zl9A

kek, yes.

I made 6 BTC this month and I have 3 pairs of shoes:
Hiking boots that I wear 95% of the time.
Sandals
Black shoes for weddings and funerals (like 1x a year tops)

Why would anyone need more than that

>how do they even survive.
They work 60 hours a week for Mr. Noseberg to pay off their loans and credit cards, and are proud of it.

any britbongs wanna move into a house with me and live exclusively off crypto trading?

low rent, high gains, great all round the clock bants

If I can get by with paying my student loans in one swoop I'll be content.

Don't fail me, Ripple.

My goal is to earn enough to pay off the student debt me and my sister have, pay off my parents and if possible put myself towards retirement.

I've come to the brute realization of how stupid it is to worl for money when your money should be working for you and all the ways people screw over the middle class. I've taken the green pill and now i can't go back, I meed to keep learning and evolving.

I started browsing Veeky Forums 2 days ago, I want to get into cryptocurrencies

d-don't make me go back to /int/

That sounds fucking sweet user.
>tfw in Aus.

I've decided to buy a $15k car when I make $100k and reinvest the rest.
The actual reason I visited Veeky Forums is when I was saving up for a car but realized it would take a long time so I decided to check out what this board was about.
I'm up by $20k since my first visit to Veeky Forums 3 months ago.

$15k cars can still be reasonable.
Consider taking a car loan though, if the interest rate is lower than the yield of investing $15k.

I regret paying cash for my last car.
The loan would have been only 3% p.a.
Lending Bitcoin yields 20%+ p.a.

I'm kinda autistic about loans, I like to pay everything with cash.
I also have a hard time spending lots of money if I don't have a ton saved up because then I wouldn't feel financially safe.
That's why I set a target of $100k so when I buy a car I'll still have a decent amount of money left.

I know what you mean. I'm allergic to debt too.
It's why I cashed out Bitcoin at $400 to pay for the car.

>I regret paying cash for my last car.
>The loan would have been only 3% p.a.
>Lending Bitcoin yields 20%+ p.a.
I don't know shit about loans, why does this happen

>cashed out Bitcoin at $400
Yeah, that sucks.

why not just say youre a freelance web dev and when you cash out say you were paid in BTC

all that trading? oh all thats still in my wallet

I doubt that anyone who bought bitcoin at 20~$100 didn't cashed it when it hit $500 or even less, specially with the "BUBBLE GONNA BURST" shilling.

that's why ETH is going to create more cryptomillionares than BTC did. $2k would have been inconceivable back then, but now people know better than to sell. $140 eth? cheap on the long scale.

Of course, it's all relative to when you invested.
Early adopters usually cash out early because they think the current price($500) is too good to be true.

To be honest, I like having my shoe collection. That being said I get extra pairs of hyped shoes (Jordan 1s, yeezys, etc) and flip them. That way I keep my hyped shoes for retail while making profit selling the others

Look at what the large majority of consumers spend money on: frivolous things.

Don't spend your money on trivial, fleeting pursuits and know the true cost of what you deeply desire. Research extensively until you find the means of getting it cheaper than what everyone else would get it at. That's how you stay rich.

I have a sports car at 22 because when you die you can't take the shekels with you

Too bad I'm too poor to buy it.

so that you don't look like a complete retard with absolutely no fashion sense

I've never seen something more accurate. Normies love to keep up with what each other have. Whoever has the most shit is the best.

DAILY REMINDER THAT GOOD DEBT EXIST!!

When you cash out your million dollars it's better to buy 100 houses with 30-40% down than 50 houses fully paid for your trillion dollar airbnb business.

I make 60k, Rent a $450 apartment, cook my own food everyday (usually cheap stuff), have a used car that I bought for 2k about 3 yr ago and still runs fine, buy plain clothes, wear $25 shoes. Don't understand how people just blow money and dumb shit

My negroid. I've just finished final year at Exeter uni and ready for that NEETcoin trader life, where you at in Bongistan lad?

this
I want to be able to live as a neet forever without having to worry about being homeless.

>so that you don't look like a complete retard with absolutely no fashion sense
to please whom? Normies?

It's good to rotate between 2-3 pairs of shoes, to let the shoe "breathe". If you perspire a lot this is practically required.
It can also be useful to have a spare pairs in case you mess up your normal shoes and don't have time to fix it before an important event.

Move to glasgow... i have a 3 bedroom house all to myself...you can pay me in ETH monthly

I'd do the same in the US, I own my house outright and have a spare bedroom I'd be willing to rent pretty cheap.

>tfw in Glasgow living with parents
Sounds quality

just started a couple of days ago though so I wouldn't be pulling my weight, offer again in a few months time

>not moving to an eastern european country with the best internet speed for the cheapest price in Europe
Honestly I like my Portugal, but that'd be nice.

Portubro here, I think we dont pay tax, is that correct?

hertfordshire lad

cheap as possible would be preferable, all I'd need is a room for my pc + bed on for it to be relatively clean

i believe lad, take the plunge.

would be ideal, but maybe too big of an ask. I'd be up for it tho

Not yet taxed I believe, but I wouldn't unload a lot of money onto your bank account directly. Exchange it on bitcoin atms (don't know any in Portugal) and/or localbitcoin for casharoos. Or you can use Bitstamp to cashout in a real atm (they give you an atm card)

Dude it's pennies if you really are a good trader. Everything is cheaper there, even the countries that are already with the Euro. Think about it. Downside is that you'd need to learn the language.

I use kraken sepa transfers to cash out when I need some spare money.

Do you think a cryptocurrency exchange store would be a good idea to get more normies into this and take their money?

Lol If I made a million I'd buy a Ferrari, and a house. I'd probably sell the Ferrari later when i get bored of it though and get a Porsche or something for my real car.

Speak for yourself I want a lambo for real.

More like
>normies
>only cares for outward appearance
>money is for buying things
>lol look at my car and my house

>crypto millionaires
>money makes more money

Hey I wanna be rich, not a filthy jew
kek

Excellent idea. But be careful, as there are many scammers chargebacking the transactions on PayPal, and since you have no "proof" that you sent something, you'll lose the money.

Cuidado com isso. Há certos tetos que, se atingires, podes levar com inspeção. Se não me engano, se tu receberes mais de 10k por ano, podes estar sujeito a isso.

Honestly, never understood that. I've been in this business for a long time, started out buying and selling in game items on steam. People would say "wow look at your sick skins, give me some", but no, I wouldn't. And I'd trade them first chance I got. Why? Because shit, the fun of money is making it, not spending it. I bought a few nice things (new monitor and keyboard), but only after a really good trade or when I actually needed it. Spending tons of cash on a new gpu just because it's new never came through my mind. Why? It works.

About the guys speaking about sneakers, I use mines everyday, I honestly don't give a shit. I buy them when they're for sale, the pair I'm using now was in the closet for like 2 years (since the daily driver back then was still acceptable)

this is why poor people will be poor because they spend half of their net worth on stupid shit. ie Sport jocks that make it big and then go broke once they retire.

nothing wrong with being frugal.
my clothes are walmart based and sometimes i make my own shirts with logos or whatever. in the end, it all comes from the same place.

Fuck off we're full

Make an account on bittrex and deposit bitcoins there

Where in the US senpai? It better be comfy.

I could happily live in Thailand for $10k a year to be honest. I could easily afford to own a Ferrari for a year or two If I had a million. If I bought the Ferrari in used condition and sold it again it wouldn't lose that much.

buy GOLEM (GNT) through poloniex

Shame i was gonna open up a private militia that only hires blacks so i could bring them back to africa

nigga buy like .1 ether just to have it.

Deals would be made in person. I would keep their id, adress, anything needed to ensure I don't get fucked over. You come over, pay for what you want (can also offer mining rigs built from scratch).

Vou levantar só uns 9k até ao próximo ano então. Obrigado pelo conselho

Too much hassle desu, people wouldn't be interested. If you really want to make some bucks off this, buy a bitcoin ATM, they have a big initial cost, but in our country, they'll be worth it in the long run. Best place where you can put it is in an Engineering University.

Não te aconselho a levantares, nem a receberes as transferências do Kraken. Não sei se tem, mas tenta arranjar um cartão de débito. Com essa merda podes pagar tudo, até tirar o € do MB. Funciona como aqueles cartões da TVI, só que com a funcionalidade ATM. Dá uma vista de olhos nisso. Claro que podes tirar o € para a conta de pessoas da tua senpaiília, mas cuidado com isso.

Oldest fag. No coin, 0$ investment anywhere
Just come here to see the rush

Can we have a frugal thread?
>friend just gave me a passcard to his apartment's gym and a parking pass
>cancelled my netflix subscription
>ebay "stuff to sell" pile in my room growing

Just put up eBay auctions for junk hardware.
Even 250 GB hard drives yield 10-15 bucks.
I do it mostly because I hate throwing away working stuff. If someone has a use for it, great

what are you saving for tho? If not spent on a sports car what will you spend on?

>He see's money as something to be constantly spent on goods

Early retirement.
A comfortable home.
The luxury of not thinking about money anymore.

Not having to ask for money like a filthy beggar at the first trouble from every friend and coworker, for starters.
I see happening it all the time. People buy retarded shit with their money, they're like children with no control over their own actions, and they live like they only need to be in the green at the end of the month, like the windfall comes every single month, so you might as well spend every single cent you have, right?

Then they get sick. Their car breaks down. The oven catches fire. They need to go home to visit their sick grandma. Literally ANYTHING happens, as it often does in life, and all of a sudden they're fucking leeches preying onto everyone around them.

Because they didn't save a cent, because if at the end of the month they had $100 leftover, their thought wasn't "Here it goes into savings", they thought "Let's see what I can buy with $100 before the month ends".
Normies are so bad with money that something as basic as putting your excess into a fucking bank is considered "Business advice" and doing it makes you "A very money-savvy person", instead of being fucking common sense.

For whenever I want to buy something I actually want instead of spending around like a retard on shit I don't want or need. And to make even more money because money means more money.

Money is comfort and safety.

>cancelled my netflix subscription
>having one in the first place
btw, tip for all of youz, get a NAS. You can use it as a backup server, a media center, a torrent box, a VPN, shit, too many uses for it. Really great investment.

PotCoin only needs 30 BTC to double can we work witth this?

PotCoin is an absolutely pointless project that adds no value over BTC or LTC.
It can't do anything that BTC or LTC can't.

Part of the reason I had it was so I could watch stuff on my break at work. But its definitely not worth $10/month
I'll look into getting a NAS, looks like a cool concept. Then I can sell my portable hdd since I only really use it in the house anyway.

>btw, tip for all of youz, get a NAS. You can use it as a backup server, a media center, a torrent box, a VPN, shit, too many uses for it. Really great investment.
It's an option, and I do the same, but a NAS is not free, hard drives are not free, electricity is not free.
$10 / month goes a long way compared to hundreds of $ for a NAS.
And you don't have to configure anything.

I wouldn't get Netflix but I completely understand people who do.

>accumulate shit tons of debt
>save just enough to take an extended vacation of "retirement" for a decade
>end up spending all money
>live off social security checks in a tiny apartment eating cat food and watching TV until you die

You can do that with a NAS. I have a Synology and they take care of all that for me. I'm not dumb on tech, but I bought it because the platform was nice and had Plex. If you configure it really well, you can make it so that it automatically downloads the next ep of the shows you watch right after they appear on the tracker, so basically you'd wake up and be ready to watch yesterday's ep (cuz we in europe). Look it up, yes, it's more expensive, but it gives you a better control over your data, and it looks cool.

Yeah, I know the added costs, a frugal person might say no, but someone who likes tinkering about and has some worries on privacy related stuff might like the idea.

>run a business that requires a lot of gift cards (shhhh!!)
>buy $1500+ giftcards a month from Kroger during 4x fuel points
>redeem fuel points to get a tank of gas at $0.04/gallon (redeem in 10 cent-off increments)
>tank defined as 35 gallons maximum so I fill four 5 gallon gas cans in addition to filling my car
> 35 gallons for $1.40
> gift card purchase is a business expense so tax deductible
> also get 5x points on grocery store purchases
>rinse and repeat every month

oi bong im aussie and would be so down for that. i spend my childhood holidays in the uk and it was comfy as fuck. Post email if serious

that sounds very depressing. But Veeky Forums does not realize that is about 80% of the population. I want to be a millionaire by 30, fuck tons of Ukrainian girls, marry a girl 20 years younger than myself in a non-western country for exponential growth for my legacy with the millions I have.There is no way my generation (I am 22) can live a middle class lifestyle that was achievable back them as we are getting fucked so hard.
>but who do I care, they can all have miserable slave lives forever

The big kicker is when you finally get that QT who sucks, fucks, and cooks like a champ and then you have to deal with all of her super blue pilled shitty habits her family gave me.

Fucking, why do you need to go to a store 3x a week?

Guys, I'm a newfag to Veeky Forums in general. I mean I've occasionally browsed it over the past 11 years, but never been much into it. Shamefully I'll admit I was even addicted to reddit for a couple of years. But lately I've been appreciating the humour a lot more, spending time on Veeky Forums, /g/, and checking out other boards. Anyway, my question is since when did yous all start calling each other lad? That sounds like the boganest shit ever. In Australia, if you call your mates lad, it means you're a chav (to use the British equivalent saying).... or perhaps a gopnik, if you're Russian. Whatever you wanna call it. Anyway, I'm not trying to shit on people of that lifestyle, but I'd be surprised if they ever went on Veeky Forums. So how did this 'lad' expression make its way to Veeky Forums?

>So how did this 'lad' expression make its way to Veeky Forums?
Irony

yoooo im in 2nd year at exe!