Once I read about a people in southern france who were smaller and uglier on average

Once I read about a people in southern france who were smaller and uglier on average.
They had a bad reputation, worse than gypsies.
They were banned from breeding with other people and are now extinct.
Like some kind of gypsi midget or something.
I don't know if it was true or not, could be a hoax.
I don't even remember the name, can someone help?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1285450/The-untouchables-FRANCE-How-swarthy-Pyrenean-race-persecuted-centuries-abused-today.html
africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/who-are-the-cagots-of-europe-a-retrospect/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump.

There was a photo of one of them.
Can't find though

Ok I find it

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1285450/The-untouchables-FRANCE-How-swarthy-Pyrenean-race-persecuted-centuries-abused-today.html

This is so bizarre
That's why I wanted his to give me more info

africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/who-are-the-cagots-of-europe-a-retrospect/

During the Revolution, Cagots had stormed record offices and burned birth certificates in an attempt to conceal their heritage. These measures did not prove effective, as the local populace still remembered. Rhyming songs kept the names of Cagot families known.

Wtf is this shit.

I really don't know that's what I came here
It's like no one knew why where they discriminated other than being ugly as fuck.

Bumping for interest

yes you are thinking of manlets (french: manletté) and they are persecuted to this day

It's suggested they could have been remnants of the Cathars. Probably bullshit but an interesting idea.

They appear to predate the Cathars. I would guess they suggested that because they genuinely didn't know themselves, and because under canon law they'd be "clean" by the time they appealed to the Pope.

they dont look any different to me

OP's pic isn't a cagot

ONE OF US
ONE OF US
GOOBLE GOBBLE

was it autism?

Nobody knows. One of the greatest mysteries of the history.

It's ironic because they're only ugly because it was illegal for them to marry anyone except other Cagots so there was a lot of inbreeding.
Seemed like it was literally a meme to hate them.

hang on lads

most of these cagots were in the cascogne area (french wiki)

now are gazza's name is as we all know gascoigne, that doesn't make him a cagot but considering that he has an ever so slight resemblance to them, and the fact that he is a dumb drunken bastard, as was something expected from the cagots considering they are little inbred dirty cunts...

are gazza is a cagot

there were lots of subpopulations all over europe that for one reason or another didnt get to fit in with some local ethnic or cultural setup, a lot of them were former latin populations, some were ethnicities that didnt realy have a 'land' but just lived in the mountains sort of, like vlachs, others were small tribes that went along the great migrations but didnt assimilate on time, others yet remains of local peoples from pre roman times, people who were just simply there, others just heretics and apostates or simply ethnic sub-groups isolated for too long, and then of course theres later arrivals like jews and gypsies

most of these interacted with the rest in some way that was strenuous or segregated, some chose this as a refusal to assimilate, some were forced into it by compeeting majorities, some segregated themselves trough religious choices, others earned this relation trough being viscious murderous bastards

most of these do not exist today because everione else would quite simply ostracise them till they died out, or the few survivors forgot their own language and culture and just became subjugated into the local cultural hegemony

france had a few of such populations, and france dealt with that stuff in rather harsh ways

Links to other examples?

look up valdoons, provensals, that sort

>They were banned from breeding with other people and are now extinct.
Sensible policy.

Pic related?
Because I'd smang that man

I have no idea who that is.