ITT:Examples of "shot in the foot" in history

>France give money to the US for help their revolution.
>A revolution that wants to take off the colonial politic of US.
>France help a people that was against monarchy.
>France was a monarchy.

>implying that the American Revolution was fought to remove a monarchy and not to remove unfair taxes

Nothing beats Wilhelm II sponsoring Lenin.

>Implying France helped the US for any reason beyond "fuck England"

Implying that any Frenchman with any sort of power at the time cared if the United States was a republic or a monarchy. It was all power politics. Also I don't think you can blame the French Revolution on the American Revolution, because all the pieces were already in place before that it just needed the crisis to set them off. And that crisis was coming sooner or later.

>be king of france
>those uncultured sheep herders across the manche are having a mild rebellion in a colony
>send some guys to see what's going on
>they say the colonials might be able to pull it off
>fucknormanhalfbreeds.exe
>remove a major commercial partner from Britain and get some payback for seven years war

>Germany starts a world war to avoid slowly fading into irrelevance
>Loses and becomes irrelevant overnite

France also supported protestant Sweden against the Catholic Habsburgs their main rival, while persecuting their own protestants which they saw as an internal threat.
It's called pragmatism.

Germany hasnt been irrelevant since Prussia days

>Alexios asking Pope Urban II for help against people looting, killing and taking land from him.

I was going to post this too
>let's give rocket launchers to jihadi extremists this can in no way backfire against us ayyyyy

Entire cold war US politics in Middle East was basically arming and empowering islamists to deter communists.

Hmm yes if I marry this Norman Lord to my daughter thereby making him my heir he will definitely help me reclaim my Kingdom and then just politely leave afterwards :DDDD

>Almost broke
>Give money to American rebels on the hope they'll pay you back and support your goods against England
>Traitors decide to stiff you and support their former kin instead
It was a fine idea, but hot damn that has to hurt.

It was about taxes, yes. Unfair isn't really the right word.

>Germany is irrelevant in 2016

>implying the us revolution wasn't just a big proxy war
>implying the main motive wasn't taxes
t. burgerclap and proud of it

Not at all, there were three separate rebellions in the US after the Revolutionary War and they were all basically about taxes, and they were put down very convincingly. The Founding Fathers were primarily economic elites.

>invading iraq and afghanistan

>TFW that's basically been the story of Syria

Was a good plan, just had one minor hiccup with Bin Ladne. No reason to throw the baby out with the bath water... I mean what else could go wrong? Ayyylmao.

>Poland invites Germans
>shit happens
>Poland spares Germans
>shit happens

>was a good plan
>entire region is a warzone

Eh, y'know can't make an omlette without cracking somd eggs.

yeah but you can make omelettes without blowing up the entire neighborhood

But it did work though. Why not read books about the topics and stop trying to simply complex topics.

Trusting the defense of your nation to Turks.

Everyone who has ever tried this has failed. The Tang Dynasty, the Arab caliphates, the Byzantine Empire. Now the European Union has trusted the Turks to stop the refugee crisis.

Yeah it removed communists, and it put in place even worse people. Fuck off american.

This right here.