What can Veeky Forums tell me about South Korean forces during the Vietnam War?

What can Veeky Forums tell me about South Korean forces during the Vietnam War?

Took out their repressed anger against random farmers

My uncle was in basic training during the vietnam war with a korean immigrant that had already served there with the rok army. He told my uncle that when they questioned captured vc they would just punch them in the head over and over until they died

Based

They were very mean

They still had a lower bullying count than north forces, even with rolling thunder.

they would sneak upon northern vietnamese and slit one half's throats while sleeping so the other half would find their bros dead in the morning

They were essentially American mercenaries. LBJ made an agreement to modernize thier military; train, equip, transport, and even pay a percentage of thier salaries in turn for soldiers.

They have a reputation for brutality and certainly committed atrocities, but nothing some of our own troops weren't also doing, we just had a better system of hiding it.

>One of these occurred just four days after the Company B massacre, when South Korean troops received isolated sniper fire near the hamlet of Phong Nhut (2). In response, they launched a ground assault on the nearby village of Phong Nhi, many of whose residents had relatives in the South Vietnamese forces. When U.S. Marines and South Vietnamese troops followed on the heels of the Koreans, they walked into a horror show. One marine took photos of the aftermath: clumps of corpses, burned houses, a woman—still alive—whose left breast had been hacked off, a ditch filled with the bodies of women and children. “Those villagers,” he recalled, “were all shot at close range or stabbed with bayonets.”

>Tran Thi Duoc, a sixteen-year-old who survived the massacre, recounted how the Koreans had gathered the villagers and then gunned them down en masse. “I was too scared at the shooting site,” she said, “and tried to stay still like I was dead. But one Korean soldier saw me, and I joined my two hands in front of my breast, knelt before him and begged for my life, but he shot at me.” The shot blew off several fingers on Duoc’s hands, and she lost consciousness. When she awoke, she found that her two brothers and both of her parents had been killed, and her three-month-old sister had been stabbed with a knife or bayonet. In all, about eighty civilians perished in the bloodbath and another fifteen were wounded.

>On February 25, 1968, Korean troops entered Ha My—the hamlet where an American patrol had killed twenty-three fishermen the previous year—and herded residents into several locations. Some villagers were expecting food and candies to be handed out, but what came next was a slaughter that went on for two hours, leaving 135 people dead—almost all of them women, teenage girls, elderly men, toddlers, and infants. Only three of those slain were military-aged men. Later in the day, bulldozers arrived to scrape the entire area flat.

So koreans just want to be japanese with their edginess right?

In WWII they were used by the Japanese, who mistreated them. Often they're mentioned in POW memoirs as being particularly nasty and abusive guards because the Japanese would slap them around or otherwise belittle them. They, in turn, took it out on the prisoners.

Also if you ever see footage of Japanese surrendering on Iwo or Okinawa, it's most likely Korean soldiers.

The Koreans were the most sadistic part of the Nip forces in WW2

They were able to do everything the Americans couldn't do
Fuck the Geneva Convention!

IT AINT MEEEEEEEEE

Does Manlet rage have no limits?

>most brutal in war
>nation of manlets
>smallest average penis size

What does it mean?

>Later in the day, bulldozers arrived to scrape the entire area flat.
That's dedication right there. The absolute madmen haha

Koreans are edgemasters.

Best fighting force for the allies

Most fucked up army too tho

>Slant eyes are subhumans

Surprise

Is this a meme or proper military doctrine? Because you hear about this stuff throughout the 20th century, Rhodesia for example. Is that just apocryphal?