/ABCG/ - Absolute Be(g)ginner's Cryptocurrency General - We're all gonna make it

Alright this is the thread for Crytpo newfags to try and learn, speculate, discuss and panic in.

Fellow Virgin-coiners, let's gather all the info we can from Veeky Forums and elsewhere and dump them here and generate some wealth.

Right now I've got about $600 invested in crypto. My holding are 10% BTC and 90% ETH.

Looking okay so far. I've 1 K to burn thinking of splitting it 50/50 between DGB and Ether.

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptobizcentral.com/
bitcoin.org/en/
ethnews.com/the-basics
coinbase.com
kraken.com/
gemini.com/
localbitcoins.com
poloniex.com
yobit.net/en/
cex.io
bittrex.com/
shapeshift.io/#/coins
bitcointalk.org/
coinmarketcap.com/
medium.com/tag/cryptocurrency
youtube.com/watch?v=-XEGsjreg0A
twitter.com/CoinbaseSupport/status/866502985089654784
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Potential summer hits:
>musicoin
>ark
>bat
>lunyr
\

Have faith OP I put in $600 2 weeks ago and it's worth $2000 now

I am going for a hold for several years strategy

>tfw could be on fucking jupiter right now with all these shitcoin pumps
>nope, still holding Ripple because I refuse to sell at a low price

Fuck literally everything is being pumped except the one coin I own the most of what the fuck

I was only able to get into RDD because it was so cheap but that's it. I feel like shit now

>tfw you barely know how to buy coins like a tard

>got coinbase wallet
>Won't allow me to buy in my country
>Brought Bitcoin on coinmama
>Got it sent to coinbase
>Presume it would let me use the wallet, just not buy coins
>It wont.
>Money trapped in there

Thanks guys.

No one told you to do that you dummy. Why not just keep the btc on the exchange you bought it on or in a cold wallet until you need to put it on an exchange that has coins you want to buy?

lol, use blockchain wallet

Ehm... VPN?

>>Shillfags welcome
>>Newfags welcome
What are you buying?
What are you selling?
What are you keeping an eye out for?
Long-term or short-term holder?

>>Crypto Rundown
cryptobizcentral.com/

>>Bitcoin Rundown
bitcoin.org/en/

>>Ethereum Rundown
ethnews.com/the-basics

>>Where to start buying?
coinbase.com
kraken.com/
gemini.com/

>>Where to buy without verification?
localbitcoins.com

>>Alt-Coin Exchanges
poloniex.com
yobit.net/en/
cex.io
bittrex.com/
shapeshift.io/#/coins

-----Links to visit-----

bitcointalk.org/
coinmarketcap.com/
medium.com/tag/cryptocurrency

Not a coinfag, just taking an interest in crypto:

What's the lowest starting investment on BTC/ETH? 40-50$? How much how would the return be on a daily/weekly average?

Whatever you do OP just be patient. I only started a few days ago and fucked myself over on DGB by selling at 380.

Also, check out SYS

XVG for easy gains.

Still low price

what wallet should i keep my bitcoin in?

also, what alt-coin exchange should i use?

Can i get some btc? im a poorfag that cannot afford to put much into crypto. heres a pic to get me banned for the trouble. 1KVJCH35JM1Bcz6RxrDrk4hhDHWsVHdEqN

FUCKING RIPPLE WHY WONT IT GO UP

at least with stocks you could do some research as to what the company has done, what it has planned or what its past returns have been. Crypto seems like a fucking black hole.

>coinbase
Use localbitcoins.com
For now use a VPN / proxy to get the money out

>set up circle.com account before to turn fiat into Bitcoin
>limit of $200 a week
>months pass
>eventually limit is removed
>need to turn fiat into bitcoin again
>circle no longer allows you to send to bitcoin addresses
>everyone else takes days to verify and wants Id and mobile numbers
Angry.

I know them feels... STR booming.

Thanks for the info user

someone give me £1 worth of btc to get started pls, i cant buy straight up

1AuJo7Wjvu6FvkSLnkTKVcgMGhGwepoCXZ

I'm a poorfag with nothing to my name, but if there is any user out there who would be willing to lend me some DGB so I can get started and ride this train I'd be willing to give back what you gave me + more. If you want my contact info just ask.

Here's my DGB wallet, DGUJq3GXM4zzSuvoK7miR3uQGAJDMsXAWD

So mining btc sounds like it's not very profitable, but the altcoins are supposed to be easier to mine and use less electricity and expensive hardware. So would it be smarter to just mine easy ones and trade them for btc?

See how this goes this time.

Looking for some bitcoin from a well off bizbot here.

Not really asking much since anything above zero is greedy and unearned but I just keep thinking of that retired life and no more hassel and my quiet cabin on the lake to retire to and well I wanna get started and fast.
Not interested in a lambo but a cabin on a lake in some tiny town is my end goal i'm working towards. I will some day disapear off radar
This will probably be the only time I ask. Kinda kicks me in the pride but I know I need help getting this going.

(bitcoin) 18YNpyMGWPwbgWSrDZHdBEULbBm7dFsJX2
(eth) 0x7e93bd1F5cC8428B8ec3F8241fB0bFC72319Ecb4
(bytecoin) 21e9uynyeL3AG37wH3iz7viciNymKSDqQMb5JFoQAgqoVgAjiekadq7fpngsumvhuzCU33VBe5JRqTe4pCvJcADu3KVxghc
(doge) DQbeXecWu2ZzFwukGCwkW1WNu2767fn76o

>buying?
DGB, XVG, SYS, RDD
>selling?
>
>Watchlist?
BAT ICO, RDD ID to throw more money at the reddest of coins
>Short/Long?
Mid-term honestly, trying to get gainz to invest in ETH and when ETH starts climbing I pull some back out to mess with more crypto

Quoting from another thread:
">tfw make money on polonex trading the more volatile popular alt coins since they drop and rise every 30 minutes or so
if you study it and you're not half retarded its pretty easy to learn when to short and when to go long"

Can someone give little instructions on how to do this, for total noobies? Or is there such a guide?

sauce? that's my fetish

>tfw can't use the ETH I bought on Gemini to trade anything cause I have to wait for Bank transfer to go through
>missing out on every single moon mission for altcoins

Fuck this gay earth

I will literally do anything for $50 to start trading with

12G7MHZFV3ncHdfAwMmgSCahvYgqDM2H7j

PotCoin only needs 30 BTC to double, who's down?

If you want to step up the crypto game, add me on Skype: CryptoAnna

hello
i am
>> newfag
but still i know, moonmissions will come in the future too

Fuck I want to start right now but I'm getting a stupid CVN error on Coinbase

Fuck this, should I just learn how to use Kraken?

I got the same error on coinbase, think it was a lack of 3d-secure on my card. Tried something like Coinmama? They absolutely jewed me on charges but I got in.

I've heard bad things about Coinmama. Maybe I should just stick to Kraken

wallets are what I want to know about

1. buy btc from localbitcoins
2. transfer btc from that site's wallet to an exchange
3. ????
4. withdraw to localbitcoins and sell
5. moon lambos

that's cool for fucking around with trades but what if I want to hold it over a period of months or years? paper wallets, cold storage, usb drives, websites that generate wallets and...uhhhhh

lets say I have 10 eth and 1 bitcoin and I want to store these for 6 months or more. What do I do for security that isn't locking my laptop in an underwater vault retarded yet is still very secure?

Newcoiner here, got 1k Guldens, 4k Digibytes, and 1 ethereum.

Good luck and have patience.
Pick a plan and stick with it.

except getting a job

so this is how it works?

>pick a site to buy bitcoins
>(optional)pick a site to exchange bitcoins into any other coin
>pick a site to use as a wallet
>use same site you used in step 1 to sell bitcoin for real money

how does selling anything other than a bitcoin into real money work?

what am i not understanding or missed

Started on the 13th after a week of waiting for my 400 dollars to clear on coinbase, wanted to find the mooncoins but heard the news here about the ETH conference happening now. Decided to hold my 4 ETH I bought earlier this month around 85~, spent the leftover ETH on 7 ETC and ETC went up a bit.
Then I traded 1 ETC for BTC, then BTC for 68 SYS on bittrex. I plan on dividing them after tomorrow into a few coins I picked out, win or lose.

Waiting for the bank transfer for bitcoin, missing out on all the rocket launches.

Any little bit so this poor fag can get in on the fun would be amazing

17XZBqNbEwTshm2hiyerMm8g5cUNiQUWCQ

>how does selling anything other than a bitcoin into real money work?

I don't think many coins trade with fiat, Eth and btc do, maybe some others.

You can deposit and withdraw straight into an exchange, but there are reasons some people may not want to or be able to.

Wallets I'm still not sure about.

Is it safe posting ur social or bank logins like they ask for on coinbase or Gemini?

What's the best approach for beginners in this crypto thing? I'm in front of PC like 60-80% of the time but no way I can do daytrading, so only buy and wait.
I'm also small baller, only spent $30 on digimeme so far.

BTC Pizza day 22-May
Coin pumps = Comet ping pong
Pedo bears everywhere
Scape Goats by the 1000's

DO NOT TOUCH THIS CRYPTO SHIT!

Nothing in life is free and "mad" gains will make you a patsy for their crime.

i just sent in my id for gemini. awaiting verification. i dont know how long its going to take.

am i too late to start?

fuck.

Hey I still have to wait 3 days for my bank to verify. Would anyone be willing to spare some dogecoin so I could start practice trading the penny stocks?

Doge: DTyWSk4RREhXrJ94aaioejtkn4yHPb8m2m

are there any up and coming coins that can still be mined solo without using a pool or dedicated miner?

No way, crypto is the future. You're in its birthing moment right now

I know it might not interest you but ive been mining bytecoin for a few days now. up to $4. Nothing fancy but done solo so it seemed to be decent.

I'm looking for a nice pool to get in on for it tho.
It's not hard to mine and it's decent value for what it is.

I'm using it to get coins on a few exchanges I dont have btc on. Gotta start somewhere

this.

need to mine fresh coins that will be worth a fraction of bitcoin

So I have a wallet and I made a Bittrex account How do I send BTC to my bittrex account to trade and stuff?

Buy BTC at coinbase and send it to the bittrex wallet

Where do I find the bittrex wallet though? I can't find the address and I've been looking for it.

If you could explain like I'm 5 that would be helpful

When in bittrex click wallets at the top menu. Search for BTC, click on the + symbol, generate a new address.

I got you bruv
youtube.com/watch?v=-XEGsjreg0A

I gotta wait for a week to get my bitcoin. Go out and win big for me

thanks anons I really appreciate it.

Btw does your bank fuck with any of you when trying to buy at coin base?

what country are you in and fuck with you how?

U.S

I keep getting calls about the transactions when wiring. And I can't buy anything with the credit card

so if i buy on coinbase without using my credit card and use bank it takes a couple days for the bitcoin to appear on my account right?

so if i buy 1 bitcoin at 1900 and a week goes by and its at 2000, did i make 100 dollars because i "bought" the coin or did i make nothing because i didnt have it yet because of the bank taking more time? thx lads

So, I am now trying to sync the mist wallet and I remember why I never bought any before. This shit takes ages.

Do you have to resync every time you open the wallet or is it a one time thing?

Is mining some of the meme coins being pumped and dumped here worth doing? I've got a fairly decent setup but i've always been told that mining is generally not worth it.

Anything you buy from Coinbase stays at the cost you bought it for. If it end up going up in value congrats you make some money already, but if it went down while you waited you made less money than you could have bought at that moment

I just decided to say fuck it and buy $4000 of ETH and hope it stays up for the next 9 days

thanks man see you @ the moon

Mmm contact CB support if true

I'm thinking it would be but not sure myself, seems like I could mine a cheap coin cheaply, let it go up or trade if it drops to x% for btc then cash out through an exchange. Not sure but I think the profits would far exceed cost to set up and run. Vs btc mining. Requiring expensive graphics cards, cooling systems and lots of electricity.

i've got $50 to spare, should i try putting it in XVG? i've already put money in DGB and RDD, looking around to see if anything else is worth a quick buck

quark coin

how do i buy digibyte lads, i've got no BTC or nothing

What's a good exchange to trade/speculate in altcoins/shitcoins?
I'm already on kraken and waves-dex, but I want something where i can get in on all the moon missions shilled here.

Problem is:
I can't do the "send in picture of your ID" verification.
Is there any that let me trade without that, as long as I only move crypto (from kraken) in and out of the exchange?

And another question:
Should I sell my doges, now that they have risen a lot and seem to be dipping?

I appreciate threads,like these for newbies like me. Gonna give it a bump

Is ltc ever going to recover?

does bittrex really need my name and all that shit or am I gucci with phone only

Fuck i want to get on the moon mission but bitcoin is hard to buy in NZ.

I could buy right now for 3900$/btc but thats like 500 more than i could get it if i wait to get verified.

What should i doooooo

Bump for usefulness

Because I'm a poorfag (~$100), I was able to buy DGB at much lower than it's worth (because it was only a small amount). Is it conceivable I could just keep cycling this around until I build up a larger amount of money?

I'm also thinking seriously about doing this.
The more nodes an altcoin has, the more credibility and the more will buy + you're mining the shit.
Do you know what you're doing though? It's a pretty steep learning curve right?

OK I just bought $15 worth of btc for fun, what should I do with it :^)

Constant CVN issue when trying to connect my mastercard debit card to coinbase. Anyone else dealing with this? Too dumb to connect my bank. i need this card to work ree

Nobody's has been working. Just figure out the bank account number and do that. It ain't too hard

Has coinbase come out with a statement? Seems weird it doesn't work for anyone.

twitter.com/CoinbaseSupport/status/866502985089654784

Ah, Thankfully they're working on it. FUckers better hurry up though.

Sorry if this is a retarded question