Tried to ask about this in /int/ and got a shitload of /pol/ responses...

Tried to ask about this in /int/ and got a shitload of /pol/ responses. I'm hoping I can get real answers here and not more "who cares they should be genocided" /pol/ shit.

Trying to learn more about Kurds and Kurdistan, whether it be history, culture, current events, or Iranian, Ottoman, Turkish historical and cultural context that effected Kurdish culture or history. Looking for books, articles, journals, documentaries, or podcasts that might be considered "essential" for learning more about this topic.

I get that this is Veeky Forums and its funny to be an unhelpful dick but please don't bother posting if its just gonna be some /pol/ joke like "hurr who cares brown ppl gas them".

hurr who cares brown ppl gas them

>get memed up and down all over and back around again
>turn to Veeky Forums

Yeah pretty much

/pol/ wants to genocide the Kurds? What the fuck? /pol/ is siding with Islamic State and the Turks?

They got memed by a bunch of dumb YouTubers including "SyrianPartisanGirl" who is an Assad shill and actually uses Wikipedia to form her opinions on complex political issues.

Aren't the Kurds generally on Assad's side currently though, or at least, not actively attacking Syrian government forces?

>/pol/ is siding with Islamic State and the Turks?
/pol/ hates anyone brown. I think they want them all dead.

>female genital mutilation
To the fucking gas chamber.

Assad supporters don't like the Kurds because the Kurds want a piece of Syria.

They're only working together to defeat ISIS but the Kurds dream of obtaining some sovereign land may soon be quenched.

Theyve clashed, and when the time comes will take chunks of iraq and syria.

Fuck off, shill.

That is only Iraqi Kurdistan.

The MAJOR Kurd force, the YPG/YPJ, actively calls for a Federal system in Syria (sort of like what the KRG is in Iraq) and is open to negotiation with the Assad regime (and on occasion meets with them for discussions). At the moment they don't directly support each other, but they don't go out of their way to fight each other, either.

The other Syrian Kurd group is the much smaller ENKS, who are against the Assad regime and more closely aligned with the rebels, but don't have any real fighting force to actually fight them with. They're open to negotiation with Assad but only under international supervision outside of Syria.

As an Assyrian I say "who cares they should be genocided"

They're trying to change, unlike 90% of other Muslims.

>/pol/ responses
/pol/ is a board of peace.
>/pol/ hates anyone brown. I think they want them all dead.
/pol/ is a board of peace.
Do not judge the whole board based upon the opinions of a few radicals.
/pol/acks are majority political moderates who simply enjoy voicing innocent, non-harmful, and completely tolerant opinions.

They're siding with Assad. They distrust the Kurds for their American ties and hate them for their Marxism.

I'm sure /pol/ types would love Turkish Gray Wolf nationalism if not for the Turkish relationship with ISIS. Hell, even ISIS exemplifies all of the virtues /pol/ users celebrate.

The Kurds abandoned their Marxism a long time ago.

/pol/ is misinformed as always.

Race > virtues

If two different people do the same thing it's not really the same thing.

Think about it. A 10/10 blonde wearing bikini is stunning, but an obese neckbeard doing the same is gross.

The same principle applies with nationalist Turks. What they do is disgusting not because of the act itself, but mostly because they are Turks.

They have, at best, a tacit alliance against Islamist forces.

The SDF control a huge portion of the former Syrian state and seem pretty unwilling to surrender this to Assad. Assad is intimidated by such a formidable group controlling much of Syria, but his coalition isn't strong enough to clear out the Kurds.

>ISIS exemplifies all of the virtues /pol/ users celebrate.
/pol/ is unto slavery and kid diddling?

"gross" is not a moral judgment

Morality is a spook.

>le spook meme

Retard.

Try actually reading Stirner or fuck off back to ribbit.

you're a spook

Israel>Kurds>>>>>>>>>>Lebanese>>>>>>>>>>all other Arabs>Turks

>sending a guy to reddit if he doesn't read reddit: the philosopher

user, I ...

>Implying PYD = Yekgirtu

Are you fuckin stupid or something? Do you have any idea what the core belief systems of the PYD are?

A Turk helping homeless orphans is as good as a 10/10 blonde helping homeless orphans.
A polish worker working in the factory do the same thing as an Italian worker working in the same factory and at the task

>They're trying to change, unlike 90% of other Muslims.
Excision is banned in all the north African countries when their (almost) whole population is muslim.

Yes

Even the non existent western backed FSA hate the Kurds. Ultimately Assad would do a deal with them over the salafis and other rebels

Kurds are essentially the same as their neighbours but a minority. They always start fights and crime in countries they emigrate to.

you don't know that?

Why does the Western media use the word "Kurd" as if they are Homogenous?
In Iraq Alone you have Shias, MB Supporters, Barzani Spoorters and Liberals in Sulaymaniyah
Never mind the rest of the region

And in the end it hits you guys anyway. Sweet irony

They replaced MLism with Democratic Confederalism, a different Marxist tendency

Dumb shit

Many or most of them, yeah. Age of consent threads pop up constantly, no to mention all the loli anime.

kurds are bro-tier :^)

Arabs, Turks, and Persians hate them and treat them like untouchables.

But the reason they don't simply let kurds go free is because they'd have to surrender clay.

Kurds are an Indo-Iranian group who live in the mountainous region of western asia north of the former Fertile Crescent

Kurds understand Islam. It's a shame those Bedouin pig-dogs house al-S*ud are still the custodians to Mecca and Medina

More Pehmerga. I wonder how those so called Islamic State idiots feel watching Kurdish villages liberated with the help of women. Gotta love Da Kurds.

They also managed to figure out how to ditch communism, appeal to the west with social Democratic forms of governance.

They have a coubtry, without having a country. Right.

I miss Sal al-Din

I wonder what he would do to Assad?

Probable nasty things

>Kurds understand Islam.
That explains alot.

Well seeing how he loved to suppress Shia, Alawhites, and other regional religious minorities that is probably true.

>/pol/ is unto slavery and kid diddling?
A lot of Veeky Forums posters are tolerant of those practices. /pol/ is no different from most of the other boards in that regard.

Too bad he couldn't finish the job the middle east would have one pest less.

TEST > TEST
test >test

>tankies trolling nat socs witu degeneracy means that is the board's consensus

I'd lol but you probably believe your own lies.
>Kurds bringing back Zoroastrianism

Would be awesome, Zoroastrianism is considered one of the first ecological religions and had some awesome aesthetics.

Even my kurdish barber was talking about people going back to Zorastrianism. Apparently they call Zoroaster Zaratosh

They claim ancient Armenian land