What is the greatest two-nation rivalry of all time?

What is the greatest two-nation rivalry of all time?

I mean that's not even question France and Britain

This to be honest.

Russia and Afghanistan

united states and the soviet union has to be the biggest rivalry of the last century

Finland and Korea

>jews fighting each other is considered rivalry

jizzrael and peepeestine

Oh /pol/. You're like the retarded kid at Christmas dinner noone respects but everyone likes. Never change. Merry Xmas.

>fighting each other is considered rivalry

This. The funniest one is Japan-korea

>jews fighting each other
The cold war literally shaped the worlds politics for decades

Sparta and Athens

Shit was so bad that both sides would drop their quarrels with the Persians and ally with them just to take out the other.

>both sides
I thought only Sparta allied w/ Persians though, when did Athens?

>This. The funniest one is Japan-korea
They weren't rivals though,military action was unilateral save for the Three kingdoms period.

Portugal and spain ?

FPBP, this is the only correct answer.

Corinthian war

They funded Athens so they could rebuild their walls and navy while sending them their own naval fleet to help.

Oh hella. You're like that f*ckin' epic reddit comment I upvoted yesterday.

Never narwhal le bacon missiles.

this

Rome and Carthage has gotta be up there.
>Carthago delenda est

bipolarity.

It's more England and France. For most of the political history of "Britain", Scotland and France were quite chummy.

France and Britain is weakshit, it's France and the Habsburgs (mostly Austria).

That rivalry literally defined continental politics from the 15th to 19th centuries.

Gotta be Rome vs Persia or Aztecs vs China

France-England/HRE/Prussia/Germany/Spain/France

Fucking French, man

It even has that trope where the villain (Britain) teams up with the hero (France) to help take down a greater evil and finds a measure of redemption

Anime will ruin the west, just as japan has already fallen to its degeneracy. Our only hope for humanity is islam.

Greece and Persia

Rome and Persia

Montenegro and Japan

Sweden and Denmark have fought eleven wars between each other. France and England have only fought five.

Islam wouldn't exist in forty years, user.

What about Russia and Turkey?

>France and England have only fought five.

Dude...

Some of those wars lasted a long time.

>Won the majority of battles
>Lost most of the wars
Feels bad man.

Canada vs the world

Looks like the UK won the important ones. There is a reason why North America speaks English and not French. The British kicked the French out of North America and India, meaning France was left with some useless desert and tropical places.

Winning some nobles squabbles 250 years earlier meant nothing after that.

>Looks like the UK won the important ones

The most important one to the current world is the American Revolution and you lost it
Deal with it bong

>not Canada vs Australia

are you stoned?

It was never going to last anyway. No colony has done except meme islands.

We won the cultural war against France and Spain for North America (at least up until now, but Trump might set things right for Americans), the idea of us still having the yanks as a colony in the current year is ludicrous.

Greeks and Persians
Or Greeks and Bulgarians
Or Greeks and Turks
Or Greeks and Greeks

The most important one was 1066
It forever changed English language, installed a bunch of French nobles on the throne of England and changed England from an irrelevant backwater shithole into a country able to compete with France and other Western European nations

France and Britain, however I think that Sweden and Denmark are the two kingdoms that have had the highest amount of wars between them.

You greeks sure are a indebted bunch.

The fact that someone put so much work into this cringy yet amazing picture

YOU'VE JUST MADE AN ENEMY FOR YOUR LIFE

Greatest love story ever told

France-Britain
or
France-Germany (shorter but much more intense, I mean hatred of Frenchs is literally what forged German nationalism)
or
Greece-Persia

China-Mongolia

>not fascism vs democracy
>or Entente vs Central powers

Most of those are English civil wars where France sent a few soldiers to help the rebells.

yeah and one of those five was longer than the eleven wars put together.

Spain vs Moors

Most of the wars Britain "won" on the list were just France vs Europe wars in which Britain just sent a few soldiers

I was just checking...
>Italian war 1521-26 is France vs europe
>so is nine years war
>jacobite rising was hardly a war
>peninsular, sixth and seventh coalitions are obvious
So in the end, the only two wars which weren't France vs Europe, and were lost by the french, were the colonial ones, Queen Anne's and the Indian war.

New Zealand vs Australia

/thread

Nice meme!

>Han-Xiongnu war
>China steamrolls Mongolia

>Genghis Khan
>Invades North with help of Southern China, and invades South 50 years later

Pooland and Russia.

Ended by the Germans thought, when they helped the Russians crew over the Polacks.

(BE READY FOR A LITTLE HISTORY ARTICLE)Poland vs all world(a little joke for a beggining.... well not really a joke as its true). Well our rivalry with germans (and russians) has come a long way and is starting again. Teutonic order, prussians, nazis, germans. It's a loooong way but most memoriable moments are: battle of Grunwald 1410 biggest medieval battle. 1795 3rd partition of poland which brought the end to our country. 1940 battle of England where division 303rd kicked their asses :). 1944 biggest ww2 uprising, Warsaw uprising against Hitler. Rivalry since beggining of medieval brought to end and renewed by new german government. Poland will never be able to live in peace with Germany.
And of course how could we forget russians. Well we dont like each other since always. Most memoriable moments are uprisings against tzar. Poland being only nation to become king of russia in polish-russian war (1609-1618). Stalin taking Poland in 1945. Wojciech Jaruzelski starts martial law and arrests all opposition (1981). and Poland winning with communism in 1989.

Britain/France
Byzantium/Turks
Turks/Austrians
US Hegemon vs USSR Hegemon
Greeks vs Persians (and maybe add the Macedonians)
France vs the World
USA vs the World
Protestants vs Catholics
Germany vs Europe
Athens vs Sparta
Selucids vs Ptolemies
Byzantines vs Sassanids/"Persians"
China vs China
China vs nomandic northerners in general
Vietnam vs the World

Sweden and Denmark are irrelevant states though. Might as well talk about the Uganda-Botswana rivalry.

>fascism vs democracy
Fascism has been historically relevant for only like 20 years total.

France and England.

>Byzantines vs Sassanids/"Persians"

Seriously. This. For centuries they fought over the same tiny patch of dirt and a couple of border cities, raiding one another constantly.

I still don't why they did it, at one point or another they would absolutely BTFO each other...and yet they never stopped

He was talking about the last century, and it led to the biggest war in history.

It didn't. The war started by Hitler attacking Poland which wasn't a democratic country. Then the largest chunk of the war was Germany vs USSR, of which neither were democratic.

b-but my moral dichotomies user

The Austians vs themselves
The Spanish vs themselves

Well for the Romans it was actual conquest, and for the Persians just war booty. But neither side really had the capability of actually succeeding. They generally knew it was mostly futile, and for decades at a time there would be peace especially in the 5th century when the Huns and Hepthalites fucked shit up. Other times, when an ambitious emperor was around or Shah on the Persian throne, constant war was inevitable.

Persians were always the enemy of the east for over 1000 years.

>Greek city states
OMG THE PERSIANS
>Alexander the Great
OMG THE PERSIANS
>Ptolemy's Egypt
OMG THE PERSIANS
>Roman Empire
OMG THE PERSIANS
>East "Roman" empire
OMG THE PERSIANS

Just like any empire they're always out to gain influence and if that means fighting over bordr towns then they'll do it

Germans against Germans.

>Vietnam vs the World

underrated

>Britain
>the villiain

Irish or American?

Spanish

Greek city-states could get hilariously creative in their malignancy

Scotland England
/thread

>mfw Brexit will cause a return to the Auld Alliance

Castille/Spain vs Portugal has got to be up there somewhere too.
They even split the world into two.

tfw canadian

portugal and spain are fucking tight mate. no rivalry there

Greeks vs their national debt

hands down stronqest rivalry of this century

Why did you put quotation marks around Persians ?

Britain/France
Prussia/Europe
Greeks/Persians
Are God-tier rivalries

Rome and Carthage. You don't march FUCKING ELEPHANTS over the GODDAMNED Alps unless they've really pissed you off.

Why not?

I want a Zama do-over.

A memeing perfidious Brit

r/polandball is unironically great.

I can enjoy Reddit outside of the defaults.

The Steppe Peoples vs. Anyone Civilized

I laughed more than I'd care to admit.

Are you trying to imply Sassanids were mongrels or something? That's bullshit.

Definitely this
>hate each other so much you keep raping the shit out of each other's middle eastern clay
>byzzies finally win
>islamic arab zerg rush kills the sassanids and permanently cucked the byzzies
made for tv epic man

Then let's talk about the Uganda-Botswana rivalry because I know fuck all about it.

>century

are you forgetting that time they got rekt by deus vult niggers and sea kikes because they didnt pay denbts

The French and Germany rivalry is leagues above the English and French. Hell, up until the 1500s, it was simply "French kings fighting French dukes who were ruling over the land called England".

France and Germany has existed for 1000s of years.

Kek