Homosex throughout the ages

Would I have been killed in the following time periods if I had gone walking out with my bf and performed very obvious signs of romantic/sexual affection, such as kissing/making out, holding hands, hugging, and more? What would have been the general reaction from the public?

>Classical Greece (Athens)
>Hellenistic Greece (Athens)
>Imperial Rome (Principate)
>Imperial Rome (Dominate, under Constantine)
>Byzantium (10th century)
>Medieval Europe
>Reformation-era >H>R>E

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=euXQbZDwV0w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Death, yeah. Unless you were the king or a royal relative. If the king tolerated your behavior, like Louis XIV with his gay brother, then you would have been free to get fucked in the ass in the middle of the city square and no one would have done anything.

>Death, yeah

So, what is more likely: that a mob would come and kill us extra-judicially on the spot, or would they go fetch the authorities, who would in turn arrest us (and execute us)?

I'm curious about Homosex in Sub-Saharan Africa's past. I'm reading a book that gave a run down of sociology among West African natives. It speaks of courting, mating,bundling, but no mention of gay sexuality. Sure it may have been rare,but I expected the writer to bring it up. Was it condemned? Glorified? Because the phallic worship among some those people is pretty damn Gay. If you worship the imagery of a cock, what's stopping you from sucking? I know the Nyam Nyam practiced a mentor fucking Apprentice type thing.

Nogs still hack homos to death/set them on fire in the middle of the street to this day
There's no reason to believe they treated them any better in the past

Yeah, but you have to remember that some of that might be due to Christian missionaries filing their monkey brains with the Lord's word.

youtube.com/watch?v=euXQbZDwV0w

This

Modern international homophobia is basically the work of revolting English lower-middle-class puritan tryhards. Homophobia only took root in the late Victorian era when those apes had got the vote and felt entitled to spread their horrid little views around the world via their horrid little vanity project called the British Empire. 1832 was a mistake and Britain should have been left in the capable and enlightened hands of the aristocracy

You are a fucking regard and you should feel bad.
It was everywhere. Homosexuality had about 4 main groupings

1.pedastry which was most common
2. Youth partners before marriage
3.Sexual and even marital partners where one is gender variant
4. The rarest I can think of where partners are the same age but they have wives and kids which was less about being down low and more about economics and cultural expectations.

Read the book Boy Wives and Female Husbands
Two men like that as partners would be exceptional in most cases of same sex attraction throughout the world.

>you will never live in Siwa Oasis, the only place in all of history that was a true Homotopia

>You are a fucking regard

I now
The Lannisters often send me

>You are a fucking redgard and you should feel bad.

I'm actually an Argonian

>Two men like that as partners would be exceptional in most cases of same sex attraction throughout the world.

What do you mean?

>After an expedition to Siwa, the archaeologist Count Byron de Prorok reported in 1937 "an enthusiasm [that] could not have been approached even in Sodom... Homosexuality was not merely rampant, it was raging... Every dancer had his boyfriend... [and] chiefs had harems of boys".

Seems comfy, desu.

They are same age and both look as though they perform the same role. Most forms of homosexual partnerships were not like this, things were usually clearly defined by age/rank/behavior/dress/class etc... in even the open societies.

>Classical Greece, Hellenistic Greece, Pagan Imperial Rome
Homosexual behavior is accepted, but if you're a bottom you're viewed as a pussy.
>Christian Imperial Rome, Byzantium, Medieval Europe, Reformation-Era >H>R>E
Now that Christianity has taken hold, you'll find it harder to be accepted.

It is also important to note that ancient cultures that tolerated homosexuality did not see it the way people do today. By their view, it was just guys being dudes.

Fuck, that sounds amazing.

>but if you're a bottom you're viewed as a pussy.

How would they know who is the bottom if we're just doing things such as making out and hugging and touching?

>The historically gayest town in the world is in a muslim country.

>The feast of marrying a boy was celebrated with great pomp, and the money paid for a boy sometimes amounted to fifteen pounds, while the money paid for a woman was a little over one pound."
Truly, boi Pucci is best. Weird seeing boys valued in such a way.

Thank Christianity and Islam for that.

Is it weird to want an ass like that, only to attract women?

You're saying it like that's a bad thing.

No, user :3

Is homosex superior to straightsex?

No.
t. A bisex guy

What about intercural sex?

You must be a virgin

What about it?

If anything, you want a fit butt/body.

>Because the phallic worship among some those people is pretty damn Gay.

Or maybe it's deeper than the actual representation. Have you ever thought of that?

Perhaps they represented power or hierarchy with phallic objects.

Talk about convoluted.

I dated a man who did that. I read about it for years and couldn't understand that point if it until I tried.

Tbh it was hot and pretty pleasurable but then again I'm thicc

Oh fun fact this was the only kind of acceptable sex between youth and pederasts. Anal was a no no.