Best friend chose winter solstice day to come out as a born again christcuck

>best friend chose winter solstice day to come out as a born again christcuck

JUST

Did you inform him that Christmas is a pagan holiday?

Literally every day is a pagan holiday. What day SHOULD the church have picked to celebrate Jesus' birth (NOT His birthDAY)?

Give evidence that Dec 25 was his birthday.
>inb4 because the church fathers said March 25th was the annunciation/conception, and birth always happens exactly nine months later, to the very day
>inb5 muh guesstimate

Are you illiterate?

I just stated plainly that Christmas is a celebration of Jesus' birth, NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT His birthday.

That's what a birthday is, genius.

I hope you're dead soon.

>Birthday: Day of birth
>Anniversary: Celebration of somebody's birth

They don't necessarily have to coincide

You celebrate the birth of someone on the anniversary of it.

Stop hair splitting over a non-issue.

>Stop hair splitting over a non-issue.

That's what you were doing user

>You celebrate the birth of someone on the anniversary of it.

No, "you" don't. Different cultures do things differently. Back when most children died in childbirth, most cultures celebrated the anniversary of the day a week or so after a child's birth when the parents felt confident enough that the child would survive that they would name the kid. Otherwise they would also be reminded every year on the birthday of their children who died a day or two after being born.

European culture in the past did something similar. Europeans celebrated their name day instead of their birthday, which was the saint day of the saint they were named after. A saint day was the day the Church selected from the calendar to celebrate the life of a saint.

Also, some of the Church Fathers wrote that Christians shouldn't celebrate birthdays at all.

The Bible doesn't record Jesus' birth date exactly, and no one in the past 2,000 years has ever claimed to know it precisely, but a few have guessed.

The Church certainly did NOT select December 25th for Christmas because anyone thought it was Christ's birthday (which would have been determined by the Hebrew calendar anyway). They selected it because they liked the symbolism of celebrating a child savior's birth in the dead of winter. Around that time of year being a traditional midwinter feast was just a secondary consideration.

Every single date on the calendar is or has been a holiday in some pagan culture or other. So I ask again, which date SHOULD the Church have picked to avoid Christmas being a "pagan holiday"?

>Literally every day is a pagan holiday.

It doesn't just happen to be on the same day, it incorporated the practices and traditions. It was "oh this existing holiday is about jesus now."

So? Would you rather the practices and traditions be completely annihilated? Christianity came to baptize peoples, not drown them.

>So?

So you were being disingenuous.

No, fagan LARPers are being disingenuous when they pretend that Christmas is a "stolen pagan holiday."

Your entire worldview and personality is disingenuous because you serve the Father of Lies.

>Christianity came to baptize peoples, not drown them
Unless said people's didn't convert, or just happened to be minding their own business outside of a christian realm.

Teutonic Order and Lithuania being a prime example.

I'm not a pagan, I'm just calling you on your dishonest bullshit.

I know you're not pagan. You're godless. What I said to you still applies. You're a liar just like your master, Satan.

And you're an Æutistic faggot. Go back to /christian/

No.

Then I'm closing this thread. Have fun Ælian, you Æutistic faggot. Also, kill yourself

lol loser

Traditionally Jesus is thought to have been crucified on the same day he was conceived, which was apparently March 25th, which would mean he was born on December 25th.

name one tradition that Christians carried over from this hypothetical pagan holiday.

>responding to an inb4 with exactly what was in the inb4
kekekekekek

>So? Would you rather the practices and traditions be completely annihilated?

Considering the Bible is strongly against syncretism and idolatry, yeah, you kinda should.

>hypothetical pagan holiday
>I'm so fucking retarded I don't know what Yuletide

Christian ceremonies using symbolism of pagan origin, now appropriated accordinly =/= syncretic pagan ceremonies

Nothing about these rituals and symbols is inherently non-Christian, they were indeed originally used for pagan purposes, but now their old usage is irrelevant and they serve Christianity now.