When are we going to start seeing the backlash against Christianity become more extreme?

When are we going to start seeing the backlash against Christianity become more extreme?

Already in the West, most people are turned off from it, and even in the U.S., religiosity is declining and more and more people see it as a backwards belief held exclusively by extremists and fundamentalists.

When are we going to start seeing a large movement calling for the closure of churches? The removal of Christianity from public life?

>When are we going to start seeing the backlash against Christianity become more extreme?

Anticlericalism already went through its extreme phase.

> When are we going to start seeing a large movement calling for the closure of churches? The removal of Christianity from public life?
Never, it's already happening by itself. Christianity will be over in Europe by the end of the century, I guess it'll hold out in the US for a little longer.

t. Mahmoud "Taqiyya" Ibn-Mohammad Al-Jihad

Sure.

That's horrible what has been done to those Icons. Those people that did this, may they be granted mercy for their sins.
>When are we going to start seeing a large movement calling for the closure of churches? The removal of Christianity from public life?
You had your Communism, and now Islamic apologists from governments themselves, what more do you want?
The entire modern era has been this fallen world against Christ, submission to demons and against God.

I don't know about the other areas, but Christians in the West tend to have more children than average.

You're literally deluded

Oh boy, you should probably check natality of the Europe's most christian country after Vatican.

There will be an unpleasant surprise for you.

Never. Christianity and Judaism embrace persecution.

Meanwhile, in the real world, most people go to churches, sing Christian songs, pray and celebrate Christian events without any problem.
Christian symbols are ubiquitous.
Christian churches are well looked after and some are even considered monuments.

In many countries Christian churches are funded by the state or are sometime even official state churches.
You have Christian-Democrat or Conservative movements ruling countries or being the most significant parties. Devout Christians were and are presidents or heads of government.
In many countries politicians must show they are favorable to Christianity to get votes.
Monarchs, presidents and prime-ministers give special messages during Christian celebrations, often visit churches and show respect towards Christian symbols.

It's hard for a backlash to become "more extreme" when this backlash doesn't even exists.

> When are we going to start seeing a large movement calling for the closure of churches?
Hundred years ago?

Oh man, you sure proved me wrong. Great job there in ignoring history, buddy.

Here in the states that's mostly due to blacks and hispanics. Not that that's a bad thing I'm just saying. If you expect the atheists to eventually disappear and America to return to the 1950's you're in for a surprise.

It might turn out majority Christian. But think Washington Heights rather than white suburbia.

Why it is bad to destroy an Icon i.e. the literal idol that is worshipped by the people.

>Why it is bad to destroy an Icon i.e. the literal idol that is worshipped by the people.
Because it's not a "literal idol that is worshiped" as you said, just as you didn't get 888 trips.
All worship is due to God alone - The Holy Trinity, One God. Icons are venerated, which is not worship. Saints are venerated, not worshiped. We ask for their prayers on our behalf, just as you might ask a family member to pray for you. They, through their prayer, fasting, living their life to the praise of God and as Christ instructed, grew closer to God by His Grace, so why would one who knows God in our limited manner as we may, not be asked for assistance via prayer?
Do you not ask for assistance on exams from someone who knows the material, even though you're in no way saying that they are the authority on the subject?

see >Icon - ειkόνισμα
>Idol - είδωλο

Worship is not done to any icon, but we pray not to icons, but towards them as they depict those Holy individuals, miracles, or Christ Himself (God Incarnated in flesh).

Fuck off Constantine

I'm not. Nice refutation. Let me guess, fedora?

I don't wear hats. I don't actually agree with what you're saying, at least in terms of there being a difference between icons and idols. I just greatly dislike Constantine and like to catch him when he drops his trip.

*don't actually disagree
mb senpai

Interesting, now I understand the differences better.

>shitty amateur hour art drawn on cheap fucking cardboard that orthodox literally worship

You couldn't make this shit up

> amateur hour art drawn
You should check ethiopian ones.

Not for a hundred years.

The RCC stays current. Perception of corruption is going down, humanistic values that are becoming more widespread are largely agreed upon and thousands of people benefit from healthcare, education, housing and nutrition because of it. The RCC is presenting itself as a facilitator of stability, peace and cooperation in a time of violent radicalization, and many people are thankful for that.

>any of that being true
>being this angry, alone, and sad without God in your life
I feel sad for you. You should look into Iconography and what goes into it.

>Perception of corruption
And there is the fault with the RCC.
"Currency" is the reason for the RCC being so deviant as it is.

There is a theological reason for the art style used in Orthodox iconography. An interesting read, actually, if you've ever wondered why it looks the way it does.

Yes, the reign of the Antichrist is nigh. But Christ will win in the end.

I don't know where you are, but here in the USA USA USA, Christianity in all its varieties is very much alive. Individual congregations might die off, but there will always be new ones.

But its the false god

Hopefully soon.

>When are we going to start seeing a large movement calling for the closure of churches?
never, t. European from a country with a lot of church scandals.

people don't give a shit, honestly. I can't remember the last time a spoke about religion with one of my compatriots. Last time was with some born-again burgers and a sufi senegalese. Time before was some retarded mormons and hare krishnas trying to convert me/ beg for money (can't tell which) on fucking christmas eve.

The "god" of Islam is, yes, but Christ is God Incarnsye, one with the Father and Holy Spirit.

Going by what happened the last time this kind of anticlericalism was tried. That would only make Christianity stronger.

Pic related.

Literally now

Don't take this wrong, I'm not screaming for self-victimhood, but lots of the more leftist sides of Europe are abandoning Christendom and appeasing Muslims as a general mix of irreverence for religion as a whole (why they don't give a damn about Christianity) and supporting Islam (self-hating multiculturalism).

But the better example to your question was the Enlightenment, which featured anti-monarchism and anti-church authority. Basically it already happened.

Just because the number of Christians has decreased in some countries doesn't mean it's the result of oppression.
There's no anti-Christian conspiracy, see Christianity is tolerated and respected.
And I should remind you that it is Christians who are giving massive support to multiculturalism in Europe.

Looks like it is going the other way church attendance is up and people are waking up to the morale decay of society. There is no proof for atheism and there is no obvious benefits for society to abandon religion.

You can try infidel, Christ's church cannot be defeated

When Islam stops hogging all of the negative attention

Already happened in Eastern Europe. Since communism already [COLLAPSED] it likely won't happen again anytime soon.

I dunno, but I got your back in the USA senpai. You need to uproot superstition from the land and rend ignorance from the minds of men, then I have your back. Just give me time to prepare...hell, I might make some incursions into Canada and Mexico if you let me.

Roman Emperors, Napoleon etc said Christanity was gonna get shit and go away, it didn't go away then and it won't go away now just because some douchenozzle on the internet says so.

desu it will probably become more popular and mainstream now as a response towards islamic subhuman migration

Because people aren't so retarded today due to computers having most the worlds information.