Are any of you mining anymore? Feels like it's just me

Are any of you mining anymore? Feels like it's just me.

Thinking about another 5x rig since roi at this point on many gpus is about 50 days.

Other urls found in this thread:

mouser.com/ProductDetail/IEI/PXE-19S2-R10/?qs=BzYYIKzU6HW9Z33k8xYnjg==&gclid=CM3NzOPRg9QCFc6EswodItcC3w
amazon.com/Fixable-Adapter-Flexible-Extension-Connector/dp/B00IMYODGS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1495461835&sr=1-1&keywords=Fixable PCI-E 16X to 1X Adapter USB3.0 USB 3.0 Riser Cable Flex Flexible Extension Cable w/ Molex 4 Pin Power Connector
amazon.com/ELEGIANT-PCI-E-Cable-Express-Extension/dp/B01GWMUK7W/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1495461888&sr=1-1&keywords=ELEGIANT PCI-E USB 3.0 Cable Express 1X to 16X Extension Cable - Mining Dedicated Graphics Card Extension Cable Adapter with SATA Cable for PC Desktop Laptop
whattomine.com/coins
nicehash.com/?p=calc
dgb-groestl.theblocksfactory.com/gettingstarted
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm looking to get into it in the near future but have no idea how to start.
user can you be kind and post a beginners parts list of things I'll need and whit OS to run it on that's most compatible with shitcoin mining?

Nice rig bro

Daily return?

Not mine, but I'm earning about $10/day currently with what I have. 5x1070 rig would increase that to $35/day

I would like to mine, but I know jackshit about it

what do you mine?

Whatever Nicehash has me mine.

Electricity is very expensive in Germany,
but affordable in the neighboring Czech Republic.
I'm thinking about renting a closet there, but I don't speak their difficult language.
Not yet sure if it's worth it. I'll need a translator to not get ripped off.

What are you mining exactly? I use my 980 gtx to mine 300 DGB daily, which right now translates into $4.56
I also heard that AMD GPUs are better for mining

See I know I can be earning more, but managing multiple altcoins on an exchange is tiring. I just want to plug in, start it up and forget it.

If want a simple solution, install NiceHash.
Their program automatically mines what's profitable and pays you directly in Bitcoin.
That way you don't have to worry about pools and exchanges.

bump for this user, as I would like to know as well. I have the creeping suspicion that people who say mining is no longer profitable just don't want competition. We are still at the beginning of crypto, after all.

Im from czech rep Prague bro hmu we can start it together kek, prohibitdw(at)gmail.com

>Left to work nightshift
>Leave my cudaminer to mine doge overnight
>Come back just a while ago
>Found out cunt of a dad disconnected the internet to save energy bills as soon as I left
>He fell asleep all night with the TV on

I swear to fucking god

are you part of a mining pool? or self mine?

i am expanding every week but the money just keeps coming..

crypto is literally the goldmine of 21st century.

how much per kWh ist electricity in czech?
in germany i pay about 28ct/kWh which makes it impossible to mine

Sure am famalam

I have access to literally free electricity but I don't have the money to build a miner

Is there something like an entry level build that can get me going?

Already mining since last year, roi'd 3 times by now, and cards still have over 2 years of warranty, good times ahead.

>GPU mining in 2017

Aren't you just a little retarded faggot.

Making 100 dollars a day from a 5k outlay.

I recently built a small PC for work, Intel G4560 8GB RAM no GPU, and I wonder about using it for crypto mining. I can get access to free electricity.

What would you recommend I use in this situation? Something like an ASIC miner?

36,500$ a year from a 5,000$ outlet

hey iam from czech its about 8 crowns in day but price drops at night. I also saw alot electricity stealing to mine.

mine eth , buy 5x 480 gpus (125mh/s +-) and you will be rich next year

Residential electricity in CZ is around 0.14 EUR/kWh

Question for you bud. How the hell do you keep this thing cool? I mine out of my garage and it gets freaking 50 degrees C in there. I live in FL.. it sucks

woops the question was supposed to be for . My bad.

Mining zCash

I'm getting into BTC mining some time this year. I'm sick of fucking Jihan

What gpu do you recomend?

Had the rx 470 in mind, it's like 250 bucks.
Also, do you mine based on current profit or future potential?

$250 seems really high for 470/570. It should be under $200. I got some of mine in the $170-$180 price range.
>current profit or future potential
Both really. ETH is definitely still worth mining. I'm thinking of mining ZEN when it's released.

I live i a pinko commie yuropean paradise.
We pay premium for everything.

Yo I'm looking into doing this man. What motherboard are you using and what feet do you have on the rig. I'm about to load up but I don't want to make a bad purchase.

Yo what motherboards are you guys using I'm about to get into this game deep.Also the RX 580 is probably the best cost/performance for cards right now. My rx470 gives me almost 3 dollars a day slightly oced

maybe can one of the experienced user miner make a starter threat, like explain it to a kid ?
i am a fellow crout too ? Aus bayern ? ich lebe auf nem bauernhof wir haben solarzellen, und eigentlich strom umsonst, vlt was mit solarenergie user ?

What's the input and output for a mining rig? 5 1070s alone are, what, 2 grand?

Is it worth it to build a rig with expansion room for more cards down the line? Maybe when the rig pays itself off initially.

>Found out cunt of a dad disconnected the internet to save energy bills as soon as I left
>He fell asleep all night with the TV on

I'm using whatever mobos I could get my hands on for cheap pretty much. The one that I bought specifically for this is Asrock H81 Pro BTC because it supports up to 6 graphics cards. However it has prev gen LGA1150 socket if you care.. RX5XX series are still a little problematic when it comes to mining if you are thinking of modding, just a heads up.

Really? Do they not overclock easily with Trixx? Thanks for the mobo series man. I'll probably get the cheapest I can find I was looking at a board that'll run an Athalon or something dirt cheap cause it only needs windows and nice hash. I really like your woods setup as there's no metal to worry about. I'm basing my guess on benchmarks but how much better do you find the 580 to your 470's?

I'm not by any means an expert in modding GPUs and mining in general but so far I've had stability issues with the 570/580s. Every once in a while the rig would just hang randomly and freeze when mining ethhash. Currently mining equihash and seems stable so I wonder if it's something to do with the current AMD drivers. Also I haven't been able to run RX4XX together with RX5XX on the same mobo for whatever reason.

>how much better do you find the 580 to your 470's
I would say about 10-15% difference

What are those USBs for? do they connect the graphics cards?

How does one power supply handle 5 graphics cards?
How do those people do it without any motherboards?

probably not worth it with gpus but with how fast crypto is appreciating in value I would say so

>What are those USBs for? do they connect the graphics cards?
These a called riser cards. They allow you to position your gpus to allow for optimal air circulation and also deliver external power so that all of those cards don't damage your mobo.
>How does one power supply handle 5 graphics cards?
A 1000 Watts PSU is sufficient for 5 cards.
>How do those people do it without any motherboards?
I don't think that's possible on a consumer level. You have to have a mobo for every max 6 cards.

>Asrock H81 Pro BTC
this mobo is kill I'm trying to find another for not 300 dollars that just has 6 slots.

Thanks for the replies. I may just consider getting rx470's. On just nice hash I make like 3.60/day with one of them.

Thanks for also answering about the 6 max card limit. I've seen farm racks with like 30 gpus on them but they must have custom hardware.

mouser.com/ProductDetail/IEI/PXE-19S2-R10/?qs=BzYYIKzU6HW9Z33k8xYnjg==&gclid=CM3NzOPRg9QCFc6EswodItcC3w

Anyone seen something like this before. It's a 16 pci-express board. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some crzy compatability issues.

If you decide to get into this and build a multi-gpu rig, don't expect smooth sailing :) Prepare to spend hours googling and reading forums before everything start working 100% stable.
I couldn't get one of my mobos to recognize more than 4 cards on ti no matter what I tried even though it has 5 PCIe slots. I've had DOA risers multiple times. Getting the right driver is also a bitch.
I use Afterburner to play around with custom clocks but Trixx works too.

Those are PCI slots. It only has 2 PCIe which is what you need for gpus. :)

I appreciate the insight. I might just run a 4 pci board since they're cheaper and more available at the moment. If I go with a setup like yours I wont need a case either. I'm spamming this thread but I need info. I wanted to finally ask. Is there any bottle necking with the

No bottle necks that I'm aware of really. I use both current and previous gen mobos and there is no difference in performance that I've noticed.

One final question. I'm trying to find some good quality risers that are not 60 bucks a pop. Any recommendations?

What's a good coin to currently mine? LTC on the hopes it skyrockets?

amazon.com/Fixable-Adapter-Flexible-Extension-Connector/dp/B00IMYODGS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1495461835&sr=1-1&keywords=Fixable PCI-E 16X to 1X Adapter USB3.0 USB 3.0 Riser Cable Flex Flexible Extension Cable w/ Molex 4 Pin Power Connector

or

amazon.com/ELEGIANT-PCI-E-Cable-Express-Extension/dp/B01GWMUK7W/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1495461888&sr=1-1&keywords=ELEGIANT PCI-E USB 3.0 Cable Express 1X to 16X Extension Cable - Mining Dedicated Graphics Card Extension Cable Adapter with SATA Cable for PC Desktop Laptop

whattomine.com/coins

pretty much anything ethhash or equihash

For real thanks a bunch dude. Now I'll be able to itemize and price everything out. Do you got an address for tipping?

How do the coins I mine enter my wallet? Is there a direct transfer?

Welcomes! Nah I don't do that. I'm always happy to help people entering this space however I can. The more miners the better for the crypto ecosystem! We all profit that way. :D

The best way to do it is by joining a pool of your choice. Every pool has a website that provides instructions on how to get your miner setup and pointed. During the setup process you will have to enter your wallet address so that the pool can pay you as you mine.

Been lurking, wanted to thank you as well. I want to get into mining too. Gonna check out NiceHash. If the roi of 100ish days on a 480 is true than it's worth it in my book.

I've never used NiceHash. I understand that you only get paid in BTC which I don't really like since most of the altcoins go up in value a lot more than BTC does over time but I hear is a lot easier to set up. GL to you as well.

And you connect to this pool with the miner, correct?

I budgeted arround 2k for a 4 gpu rig
Am I being delusional?

Yes. The pool does exactly what the term suggests - it pools the hashing power of all participants and when a block is discovered the reward is distributed equally to all participants proportionate to the hashing power each of them is contributing to the pool.

>sensiblechuckle.gif

nah. The hardware I've accumulated over time since Sep of last year nets at 8k+ but I've pretty much quadrupled the investment by now.

Is there a guide on the software aspects of this all once I put my rig together?

Are 4 470s enough of an initial input? If today goes my way I might make that off some stocks.

can you post your build?

Alright then. I'll pass the buck when it comes to the next person. Thanks senpai.

I have a 390x and its mining is okay, tho it consumes a lot.
Can you advice me the best card to mine right now?

Some people use GNU/Linux or ethOS to mine but I'm personally more comfortable with Windows so I use Win10. If you do some googling you will find some recommendations on what driver version to use depending on your gpu. Every pool's website has a list of mining programs to download and instructions to configure.

the 290x and 390x fucking suck power. The 470-80 are good power vs efficiency. I want to get some 580 8gbs however.

So I guess the catch with this is that you have to be mindful of the electricity costs, right?

either you can go to whattomine.com or nicehash.com/?p=calc

both of these are a good way to kind of guage what you're looking at, else you need a volt meter.

It's all over the place :)

This is beautiful

Which motherboard would you recommend?
Aren't 8goVRAM better than 4goVRAM?

details of rigs? thinking about setting one up. also country? Probably not worth it in US anymore... idk.

And what's with people criticizing GPU mining? Is there some alternative? Seems like all of the top coins are best mined with GPUs, except BTC.

Typically the 8GB versions have faster VRAM, that's the benefit. More VRAM doesn't benefit mining directly.

>Asrock H81 Pro BTC
mfw im using this for my gaming pc...

Eth requires gpu mining newfag.

How do I set up a mining operation in my college dorm? Or would I get caught because of how much electricity I use?

How do I avoid getting caught?

How do I make this work and what will it mine?

kek was just thinking about the same thing
Tbf i doubt they would care too much but your dorm room would get extremely hot

Is mining in southern California in a house with no A/C feasible?

Hardly seems worth it.

noob here

what can i mine it with if not GPUs? anyone can recommend a good starting guide thats still legit?

Not if Digibyte's price goes up, if it reaches $1 I'll be swimming in money.

I recently started earning money and want to get into mining any guides or infographics on picking parts to setup the rig besides the initial gpu. I know already what I want to mine.

If this is so easy why arent you fags renting warehouses to have thousands of rigs minning?

What algorithm and pool do you use?

kind of want to get in on this but i feel like i can make more money from trading. The point at which mining outweighs trading is a pretty ridiculously high investment (like 20 grand)

Groestl in theblocksfactory
If you have a newer nvidia card get the latest cc miner, I use 1.7.6

Shit, I made my first dollar mining bitcoins. I can't believe it.

If I had known about this some years back....shit

What do you use to mne DGB?

this is what so many people dont realise

I have AMD and I'm currently mining on Skeit, is Groestl better?

Why not do both? I never paid for a coin, just been trading what I've mined.

First and last time I spoonfeed you
dgb-groestl.theblocksfactory.com/gettingstarted