So I am 19 and would like to start investing. Are mutual funds and the S&P 500 good starting places?

So I am 19 and would like to start investing. Are mutual funds and the S&P 500 good starting places?

>Are mutual funds and the S&P500 good starting places?
Nobody tell him. Kek

>Are mutual funds and the S&P500 good starting places?

>yes I actually got 8.5% on my portfolio last year
>oh wow, going for the risky picks, huh?
>well I told my advisor to shake things up a bit, so it looks like it paid off
>I'll say. Hey have you met my daughter, Stacy?

If you're not getting in crypto right now you're missing the train. Use your crypto gains to finance your mutual fund after a year or two of moon missions

>I'll say. Hey have you met my daughter, Stacy?

but i dont want to lose everything. my teacher in high school is a millionaire and said to not start out with high risk investments

can someone help me out?

Dude you're 19. You either have zero money so you shouldn't worry about losing the small amount you put in or you have so much from rich parents that they already have investment plans lined up.

You should invest in Ethereum

Your teacher is a faggot
I bet he's a baby boomer.

Invest in ETH and BTC if you want less risk

You won't get any help on this thread. This board is full of NEETs who turned their 100 dollars into 200 using crypto

normies sure are contemptible

when you're young is the best time for risky investments. the money you're making now is nothing compared to what you should make in 5 or 10 years, so making 5-10% gains on your lunch money isn't going to mean shit.

Buy ethereum now. There are so many platforms being developed under it, the risk is actually surprisingly low compared to the huge gains.

This is essentially a crypto board now. You should invest globally. MSCI World IMI, MSCI World ACWI and MSCI World are all good options. In that order.

Okay.
I thought BTC was over?

is it possible to double my money?

Seriously fuck off with your boomer shit. This is crypto land.

>I thought BTC was over?

Yes, the moon mission with BTC has sailed. All aboard ethereum user.

Don't take advice from this board

Yes it!

Remember. dont listen to biz. Only get index mutual funds; even stocks are pure gambling. Anyone who tells you they made a 500% on crypto currency is lying their ass off and will get whats coming to them. The highest return you can get is 5%, 10% IF EXTREMELY LUCKY.

Look kid, ive only spent 2 hours a year looking into this, and did you know the top dogs on wall street only have a 27% return on most? Ignore all the evidence and lambos and hot gfs biz has gotten from crypto, because they are flat out lyers. And its I, who is laughing at them

And yet if you invested in the obvious P&D scams, even fucking bitbean, you would have made at least 200% on every single coin besides PosW by now

This thread made me laugh so much.

Good luck cashing out cryptonigger

ebin meme my friend

>Anyone who tells you they made a 500% on crypto currency is lying their ass off and will get whats coming to them

Weak bait lad. I'm sure OP knows how to read historic candlestick charts.

The reality of this situation is $5000 bucks in crypto will double many times over the course of 5 years.

$5000 bucks static returns in stock around 7% might be around a 3k return in 5 years.

If you're still doubting crypto, path of least resistance is still drop at least $200 a month in an index fund, get a ROTH or HSA if you're a wagie and dip whatever you feel you'll need (only really plan on working till your 60s and will never break 200k year), and put at least $200 a month into crypto.

You'll thank me later.

Here's the redpill a boomer will never tell you:
We are dramatically fucked.
They got to enjoy the greatest era of human prosperity thanks to being born in the West. Then, once they were set for life making money hand over fist off the labor of poorer countries. Then, when their own kids expected to experience the same level of comfort their parents did and refused to work for a pittance, they imported more desperate people.
Any Westerner born between the 50s and the 70s has to be retarded to not be a millionaire today. But as for the rest of us, we're twenty times as many competing for a smaller share of the pie.
Safe investment strategies won't cut it. It used to be you'd expect a 12% yearly return on passive index funds. Nowadays, people are happy with 4%.
Put it another way: boomers got to enjoy a free ride to riches because they were part of the 1% from their birth alone. Nowadays, you might be born in a rich country, but you're in competition with anyone who can read thanks to the internet and will work for 1/10 of the wages due to living in a shithole. You're in competition with illegals who won't declare taxes and programmers automating your job. Worse still, you've enjoyed a stress-free lifestyle (in an absolute way) with a society designed to pamper you and tell you everything will be alright as long as you go to college like every other lemming.

Go big, or be a slave. There are no other choices. The future won't be so bright for many of us.