Tfw two intelligent to be happy

>tfw two intelligent to be happy

I wish I was still safely ensconced in my bubble of religion. I wish I hadn't grown so cynical of humans. I wish I wasn't so curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

brainybetty.com/2007Motivation/Epictetus - Manual.pdf
nature.com/mp/journal/v18/n2/abs/mp201226a.html
bjp.rcpsych.org/content/196/2/109.short
markmanson.net/stop-trying-to-be-happy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you aren't happy, you aren't intelligent enough to be

Really made me think

>tfw to intelligent to allow hedonism to inform my ethics

just be ironically happy. Eventually you'll sarcastically smile enough times that you identify with the thing you're mocking, becoming post-ironically happy which is basically the same thing as just being happy

>tfw to intelligent not to be a hedonist and happy

Yeah no. Any retard can be happy by just lowering their standards.

>tfw too intelligent to post a meme made by a fucking pole from a german imageboard

And yet OP is apparently not smart enough to realize this.

>just lower your standards bro!

Reddit is that way FYI >>>

>expecting reality to conform to arbitrary standards instead of tailoring your standards to the reality you're faced with
How immature.

>literally "everyone else is doing it"

How's middle school my """"man""""?

For me the kicker was probably

1. God probably doesn't exist
2. Love's not real, not in the romantic "soulmate" way we think of it

>Falling for the rationalism meme

>Its an American working class brainlet false flagging atheists episode
I'm sure people in Saudi Arabia are happier than in Denmark.

>tfw Saudi Arabia is significantly more globally relevant than Denmark
>tfw Saudi Arabia still has a strong sense of national identity and culture whereas Denmark is just another generic EU cuckville

Yeah I think Saudis are probably happier than Danes.

>letting things outside your control bother you
Op needs to introduce himself to my man Epictetus brainybetty.com/2007Motivation/Epictetus - Manual.pdf

This. Today something did not happen in the way I so wished, despite my efforts. But I reminded myself that good fortune lies in a good disposition and it did not bother me.

If you're going off things like depression, suicide, and mental illness stats you're right

For diagnosing depression and mental ilness you need psychiatrists and suicide is bad indicator of hapyness, muslims dont suicide because they believe in hell not because they are happy.

>le baseless accusation

Did they report as such? X is Y because Z without evidence is a fallacy.

>Disney shit

Everyone else isn't doing it, that's why they're sad like OP.

>he can't be content
>he probably spends money chasing something 'fun'
>he is probably depressed because nothing works

>“And I am sure that I never read any memorable news in a newspaper. If we read of one man robbed, or murdered, or killed by accident, or one house burned, or one vessel wrecked, or one steamboat blown up, or one cow run over on the Western Railroad, or one mad dog killed, or one lot of grasshoppers in the winter, - we need never read of another. One is enough. If you are acquainted with the principle, what do you care for a myriad instances and applications?”

'happiness' is a dynamic pursuit. You cannot pull the same amount of joy form the same thing, over and over and over. At least, you should not be able to. Happiness and joy is not static, it constantly changes as you do.

If you can deal with being content, then deal with being content and stop chasing something which is constantly changing and moving.

OP I used to be like you. You need to learn to accept the shit of the world and enjoy it. Just develop a taste for shit.

And by that I mean understanding the world is how it is and you can't change it. Also realize that morality and ethics are only important for avoiding consequences but don't actually mean anything.

Life is just about gaining power and fucking as many women as possible. You work towards the former to gain the latter.

protip: added bonus of power is that you can ruin peoples lives with it which is extremely fun.

>Life is just about gaining power and fucking as many women as possible.

I don't care now and have never cared about sex.

Might as well kill myself

Yeah commit suicide, that'd be hilarious. I love it when pathetic people kill themselves.

I like how hitler said it "Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live."

Tend to the wolf within your fences, for the packs ranging in the woods outside may not even exist let alone come to bother you

I know this was a joke post, but it's terrifyingly close to the way I live.
>tfw to smart to not be so postmodern you accidently become post-postmodern

How did you manage to pack so much edge and high-school 'philosophy' into just two posts?

Why haven't you subscribed to hedonism yet, ya faggot?

It's the only way.

I think hs philosophy tends to lean more towards hedonism.

Hedonism dramatically impedes ones pursuits toward power. I'd be more apt to say rarely smoke or drink, think of "friends" as contacts to benefit your career, pack your schedule so you literally have a half hour of free time every day, and take life by the balls.

One of the main reasons I personally want power though is so that I can really fuck people over, probably as much as I want it for women. But that's just how I was born I guess.

I would stop contemplating philosophy. You have a narcissistic personality disorder.

Nah it's more severe than narcism bro. But I'm also pretty intelligent and in my field I'm practically a savant so I guess certain traits come at a cost.

I refuse to believe you're older than 14

Then why would you think your advice is good for people without mental disorders?

21 senior in college with almost a 4.0 gpa. No joke

If they want to be successful it is

>two intelligent
>two

The fuck is a gpa you merryfat

That just makes it embarrasing, though.

It's a meme you dip.

gender studies and communication degrees don't count.

>two
user went way above mere mortals who use "to" in that place.

I don't go around talking about it. Most people think I'm just a normal dude who likes his career and networking. People see me as overall nice and confident which is also important if you want to be successful.

>two
Holy shit why didn't anyone think of this before

I'm taking this to /pol/, you just revolutionized the game

>two

OP commit suicide do it. Be sure to film it

If it's your 'high standards' that are making you unhappy, well, you're a bit of a dick really. Get out of your basement and get some real life down your neck.

>le basement
>le real life

Just fuck off already you retarded fuck

>21
lmao fag

You're pretty butthurt. You should take things less personally.

How old are you then?

this is retard logic

high g factors correlate strongly with mental illness. bipolars tend to run 4.0 GPAs before collapsing to their disorder.

having average intelligence is the best protective factor against any mental illness, depression included

[citation needed]

I'm not that nice, I just lost my best friend that I've known for years in a catastrophic meltdown. Basically I got bored because I originally thought he'd be a good career contact but instead realized he was a pussy and nobody. And he finally got tired of the abuse.

I just kind of keep things surface with people so they don't figure things out, that way they're useful later on. It's not that hard.

You're a disgusting excuse for a human being, reading any of your posts makes me wanna puke

kys

I want Patrick Bateman to leave.

ha

25. We've all been through your angst but don't worry, you'll settle in

nature.com/mp/journal/v18/n2/abs/mp201226a.html

>However, when we restricted analyses to men with no psychiatric comorbidity, there was a ‘reversed-J’ shaped association: men with the lowest intelligence had the greatest risk of being admitted with pure bipolar disorder, but risk was also elevated among men with the highest intelligence (P for quadratic trend=0.03), primarily in those with the highest verbal (P for quadratic trend=0.009) or technical ability (P for quadratic trend A higher childhood IQ score, and high VIQ in particular, may
represent a marker of risk for the later development of bipolar
disorder.

bjp.rcpsych.org/content/196/2/109.short

>Individuals with excellent school performance had a nearly fourfold increased risk of later bipolar disorder compared with those with average grades (hazard ratio HR = 3.79, 95% CI 2.11–6.82). This association appeared to be confined to males. Students with the poorest grades were also at moderately increased risk of bipolar disorder (HR = 1.86, 95% CI 1.06–3.28).

You may be a bona fide sociopath, user. If so, you're going to lead a pretty shit life after you run out of things to "conquer." I've seen it before

OP is an autist pretending to be a sociopath.

>hurr durr ultrapragmatism and Machiavellian! every psychopath is just a carbon copy of the Prince right? XDDDDDDDDDDD

None of these losers would know a real psychopath if they met one in the street.

You're probably right--I only read the post I replied to. I went up the reply chain and saw his edgy Hitler quote

Oh yeah sure I'm totally lying kek

But seriously I don't see a problem with the Hitler quote, I mean sure he killed jews and whatever but that's still unironically a good quote. I write that quote in the back of my planners, it's sort of motivational.

>tfw so intelligend my posts never get (You)s on Veeky Forums because people are ascared to contest me

It's a shit quote because the hypocritical pussy offed himself instead of taking his own advice

Whats this supposed to mean? I could tell myself that dota isnt casual dogshit and than being a janitor is a comfy career and be happy right now, but i'd rather die.

Yeah but that doesn't take away the merit of the actual quote.

>before you rise to power you need to defeat me
>*unsheates wakizashi*
>try your luck

markmanson.net/stop-trying-to-be-happy

Happiness is a matter of gratitude. People who don't appreciate what they have aren't happy. People who do, are. It's as simple as that. Obviously if you spend all your time feeling sorry for yourself you'll be unhappy. Gratitude is a choice, lack of gratitude is also a choice. The state of your life is your own responsibility. If you acknowledge that you aren't happy, but choose to find nothing to be happy about, then in essence you are choosing to be unhappy.

What a dumb simplistic opinion