The sun revolves around the earth

>the sun revolves around the earth
>heavy objects fall faster than light objects
>men have more teeth than women
I thought Aristotle was supposed to be smart???

Other urls found in this thread:

exclassics.com/arist/arist37.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=5C5_dOEyAfk
youtube.com/watch?v=dKY0FsUEMyw
idioms.thefreedictionary.com/have teeth
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know more than a guy who lived 2400 years before me AND I'M ONLY 12.

t. 140 IQ.

I can see how someone could misunderstand the first two in ancient greece
But how the fuck could someone be bad at counting teeth?

Science is a liar (sometimes)

Reminder that people actually believe that Aristotle made a major contribution to western society

He literally caused middle ages bullshit through his christian reinterpretation by D'aquinus

People don't usually cite Aristotle's tooth-metric.

Someone being sometimes wrong doesn't mean they're always wrong just the same as someone being sometimes right doesn't mean they're always right. Learn to think critically and judge things on their merit case-by-case instead of digging for convenient excuses to blanket dismiss or accept something.

>But how the fuck could someone be bad at counting teeth?

By never interacting with any woman besides his mother.

Boy lover, remember?

Also how sure are we that it was him and not one of his students? Wouldn't put it past him to fuck it up, but I googled it to try and find the context.

exclassics.com/arist/arist37.htm

Every other entry has "According to Aristotle" or "Aristotle says" with enough regularity that it feels entry-specific.

He might also have just observed more cases of wisdom tooth in men, or never observed a case of wisdom teeth in women.

What if I told he said even more retarded things? But I won't because he gets enough shit already. The man lived over 2000 years ago. Live it alone.

Wisdom teeth

Reported

But what if real women had less teeth but they all died out and modern women are transsexuals?
This explains the active role women take in modern times.

Everyone who would take some time to read about science would realize that Aristotle was a stupid science bitch.

Maybe all of the women whose teeth he counted just happened to have less teeth than men due to lolnodentistry?

I personally am fond of the "Aristotle did not exist" theory. It's charming in a sense.

There's no statute of limitations on philosophy. Marx was dead 200 years and we still all hate him. Why does Aristotle get a pass?

Philosophers live to be criticized.

oh please don't play stupid like this no one is this basic right?

Aristotle doesn't get a pass though, annoying know it alls enjoy pointing out his faults all the time.

as they should

Ever stop to think that back then all those things were true?

If anything you wrote was ever brilliant or important enough to be scrutinized for thousands of years, people would doubtless find a lot of flaws in it.

He was a damn sight smarter than you.He drew the wrong conclusions, but utilized the information he had to the best of his ability in a time before the scientific method. If you, or any of us had been in his place there's no way we'd be able to begin to be as smart.

Daily reminder that people in history were usually just as intelligent as us, depending on the level of education.

Except nowadays nobody mantains that the sun revolves around the earth, etc. It's just pedantic to point that one ancient philosopher held to falsified cosmology that no one holds to anymore.

Marxshits on the other hand, there are still plenty of them.

He also thought flys had 4 legs and the moon was a perfect, blemishless, sphere

You forgot
>flies have four legs

How could he think the moon was blemishless if it clearly has spots on it that are visible to the naked eye?

You say that now, but they could be discolorations.

underrated post

>Daily reminder that people in history were usually just as intelligent as us, depending on the level of education.
Actually no, the curves would be completely different on the tails

>despises Aristotle
>loves Thomas Aquinas

What you must always remember about John Green is that he is a complete pleb who writes YA novels. Literally the male equivalent of a basic bitch.

There was a philosopher in Ancient Greece around Archimedes' time who actually got the heliocentric theory, as opposed to the geocentric theory, correct. His name was Aristarchus I believe. Pretty impressive, the proto-Kepler

They do?

They don't fall faster because of their weight in and of themselves, they fall faster because heavier objects push away air molecules with greater ease than lighter ones do.

On earth a hammer falls faster than a feather, but they fall at the same rate in the vacuum of space.

youtube.com/watch?v=5C5_dOEyAfk

Aristotle was important because he was one of the first people to both observe and record his findings instead of just pulling ideas out of the aether

youtube.com/watch?v=dKY0FsUEMyw

So heavy objects do fall faster than light objects

Only inside atmosphere.

When there's no gas acting as a resistant, a skyscraper will fall at the same speed a rubber band does.

Yes but Aristotle wasn't talking about a feather and bowling ball falling in a vacuum he was talking about on earth that heavy objects fall faster than light objects

Doesn't count, aristotle's still stupid. He should be treated with contempt and all his works burned.

Just another dumb white man who couldn't get anything right.

He was a realist unlike Plato who thought this world wasn't the real world Aristotle was ver much based and believed this world was real all Plato could do was use idealism and Aristotle used realism. was that my 2 cents.

>The sun revolves around the Earth
But the sun does revolve around the Earth!

But heavy objects do fall faster than lighter objects, imagine a feather and a feather made of steel both falling from the same height on Earth, which falls faster?

>men have more teeth than women
He means have more vigour, to have teeth is an expression: idioms.thefreedictionary.com/have teeth

"Males have more teeth than females in the case of men, sheep, goats, and swine; in the case of other animals observations have not yet been made.”

Just like the greek word for spirit is breath, you have to use your head to understand stuff

>But the sun does revolve around the Earth!

flat earther fag!

Are you crazy? No I am not.

Nope. An aerodynamic pillow can fall faster than a metal umbrella.

It's not even that hard to observe a pebble will fall faster than a bag of feathers that's heavier.

>liking Christians
Sorry that behaviour is too problematic we're going to have to take your wife and her son to a recreation facility to help vent out your bigotry

YOu do know they revolve around each other right?

Eh, it was millennia ago. A couple of millennia from now (given that there's no information loss and that humanity still exists), we're going to look like retarded for things such as climate change denial or even some scientific theories might turn out to be compete bullshit and a more supported theory takes its place.

Hell, the scientific method might become inferior and obsolete to some new line of thought. There's absolutely no way to tell.

He wasn't right but he was hella smart.

Technically true but the center of mass is inside the sun. Jupiter is actually so big that the center of mass is actually just outside the sun.

I wonder how far out of the center the sun is when all the planets are aligned.

>climate change, which has been happening for billions of years on earth is going to destroy the planet because of 200 years of burning coal
>muh scientific consensus
>muh 97% agree

Peer review will be the thing future scientific historians wag their fingers at. Peer reivew needs to be gassed. Repeatability or gtfo.

kino respsonse