Why are memes today so toothless? Pic related, the latest craze of increasingly verbose memes...

Why are memes today so toothless? Pic related, the latest craze of increasingly verbose memes. The only influential memes that are prevelant in this day and age are Trump Pepes.

What happened to dank memes like the 14 words? Or the whole "Salvation through faith alone" meme?

The only people who like verbose memes are liberals and they can't meme for shit.

A well timed frog post will always BTFO of a liberal """meme"""

Memes today aren't really memes. If you set out to create a meme and other people like it because it's a meme it's not really a meme. The general trend is a meme but the individual pieces aren't. People have been memed into thinking that ironically retarded nonsense is memes.

>Why are memes today so toothless?

somewhere along the line memes became "memes"

Meme's have become toothless because memes have become acessible, the public are fickle and throw shit away, cute cats are from a few years ago and aretherefore old and not funny, memes have largely become platforms for jokes rather than jokes, you don't need the context for
You do for the nutshack replacement platform
these platform's began with image macros and have changed into more accesible means such as your original picture.

Beyond that the jokes have become less edgy because people have capitalised on novelty, and vulgarity isn't novel because vulgarity is a constant on the internet.

This.

Meme magic is not real. We simply live in an age of forced memes.

>he says despite the les' baines crash
I don't give a fuck about ANYTHING else. That shit is spooky.

This one made me chuckle

Memes were ruined when they are used to make a point. Less of inane /tv/'s baneposting and more of evangelical /pol/'s trumposting

I hate memes

I now realize that is just how everybody wrote before the XXth Century.

Go now before you get reported for dangerous collective identity rhetoric l.
This kind of divisive memeing on """"""""""""both sides""""""""""" is literally going to start ww3

Saved

Memes are shit. The last good meme was Gondola

Wtf is this meme, who's making them, and why did it seemingly come out of nowhere?

OP's probably a dumb crossposter who should go back to whatever shit board he frequents.

you need to be politically incorrect to make dank memes

But gondola is dead, unfortunately

Normalfags use Pepe all the time, your opinion is invalid.

Also you're waifu a shit

That's where you're wrong, kiddo

memes r gay

the only one that isn't shit
For those who cant speak french
"The Government of Quebec has made public its proposal to negotiate a new agreement with the rest of Canada, based on the equality of nations; this agreement would enable Quebec to acquire the exclusive power to make its laws, levy its taxes and establish relations abroad — in other words, sovereignty — and at the same time to maintain with Canada an economic association including a common currency; any change in political status resulting from these negotiations will only be implemented with popular approval through another referendum; on these terms, do you give the Government of Quebec the mandate to negotiate the proposed agreement between Quebec and Canada?"[note 1]

ALL memes come out of nowhere

Post irony and anti-humor, get with the times, m8.

It's only the natural progression of things.

wasn't the AnCap a recent meme?

I can't wait until we live in a new sincerity meme era

It's from the subredddit r/coaxedintoasnafu

t. redddit spy