What was the biggest historical fuck-up in your country's history?

What was the biggest historical fuck-up in your country's history?

I'll start: overthrowing the monarchy.

Declaring independence

>coming to existence

The Great Barbecue of Constans of 1415 or the window jumping festival of 1618

>mfw my country is still a monarchy

Feels good man.

so many choices....

yea,i think ill go with the classic,WW2.

>this guy insists with this mememperor
we

I've always wondered why Germans have had such a problem with being peaceful and republican.

I think it's Luther's fault tbqh.

Asking the English for help

building Brasilia.

>far from everyone
>ugly af
>hot and dry af
>expensive
>they built an artificial lake, and then built a bridge over it
>you need a car to go to the bakery to buy bread, that's the genius of communist city-planning
>a bubble for corrupt politicians
>the private sector revolves around satisfying those corrupt politicians and judges, that's where the luxury prostitutes get the most work

"Im stupid" the post

Being french

Overthrowing Tony Abbott

I believe Pedro II was a good man, but the Empire of Brazil was shit. He understood that, which is why he didn't even fought to preserve it when deposed.

>stylin even when you're a slave

really it's difficult finding a fuck-up in our history since even our historical loses and mistakes benefited us in the end

guessing Vietnam war and Iraq war but they mostly just hurted our pride then any real damage

Reinstating the Shah in 1953. Fucked our diplomatic cred in the region for decades, and set up the rise of the Ayatollahs 25 years later. The Islamic Republic of Iran has been a massive thorn in the US' side ever since 1979, and it was entirely the US' own doing.

Yeah but did we actually LOSE anything from that?

besides "reputation" that doesn't really matter due to our status as superpower

This fag is so annoying in Civ 6, always brushing his medals and bitching at me and shit. I make sure I pick a fight with him from the start every single game.

We lost the goodwill of the people of a country that saw us in a good light because we didn't try to fuck with their internal affairs like the Brits and Soviets. A country with some of the world's most extensive reserves of fossil fuels.

Kaiser Wilhelm took a united Germany, a group people respected the world over for their arts, "couture" and music, and decided to sperg out because he got into a naval dickwaving contest with England. He then went on an interview in the British newspapers and talked shit to the British people. He helped drive people he saw as "fellow Germanics" into an alliance with their ancient rival, France and signed off on starting a world war to fight the Russians. Millions of young Germans were thrown into the maw of war because of his diplomatic fuck ups, and he set the stage for Hitler's rise to power.

I'm not even German but honestly Kaiser Wilhelm is among the best examples of a Monarchy getting a horrible roll of the dice.

We lost a valuable ally in the region, we lost all of those neat central Asian airbases that we had spent money on. More importantly, however, it instantly made Iran an anti-US actor in the region that massively complicated politics in the Middle East more than they already were. The loss of Iran as an American ally made the US have to align with Saudi Arabia as the next-most powerful US-friendly nation in the region, with all the problems that propping up the Saudis has given us.

If you squint hard enough, you can even lay 9/11 at it too, because Bin Laden initially only got so mad at the US because they were stationing non-Muslim troops on Saudi soil. Without Iran having their revolution, we would have never done that.

19th Amendment

The Wehrmacht was really the most advanced for it's time army in the past 10 centuries they only lost because the winter of 43' was cold also also because the Italians dragged them into Africa also the Luftwaffe would have been better if there weren't so many supply shortages once they had jets by the way did you know that not all nazis were evil some of them were okay people the holocaust happened but it probably wasn't as severe as people say it was-
INHALE

it wouldn't have feasible to use precious fuel and resources doing something that didn't contribute to the war effort did you know that Albert Speer was a really good architect also he didn't know about the holocaust so he's not a bad guy also Hugo Boss designed the uniforms don't they look cool they look so cool dude all the German generals were really smart it's just that Hitler kept making bad decisions if it weren't for him the Wehrmacht totally would have repelled D-Day and captured Moscow and Stalingrad did you know that Hitler didn't want to bomb civilians in London it's just that the British accidentally bombed some civilians in Germany and that made him retaliate also the firebombing of Dresden was way worse also did I mention that the only reason the Germans lost is because of Italy and the winter of 43' being really cold and Hitler not crowning Rommel grand Fuhrer of the Wehrmact and god-emperor of all things
INHALE

Anyway, I'm gonna catch you guys later. Let me know if you want to play some Hearts of Iron 3

Why did you respond to me with a comment about the Wehrmacht when I was talking about Pedro of Brazil? Is this a hot new meme?

forming the ottoman empire
should have stayed as beyliks desu

Marching on Moscow desu

Yes it is.

agincourt
Waterloo
Ww2

Brazil; overthrowing the monarchy.