/ncg/ Non-Crypto General - all things Veeky Forums and finance

ITT we discuss our non-crypto investments and Veeky Forums plans. Coinholders and nocoiners both welcome.

What are your business plans that you want to get off the ground?
What books are you reading that have blown your mind?
How much of your portfolio in non-crypto?

Other urls found in this thread:

topforeignstocks.com/foreign-adrs-list/the-full-list-of-argentina-adrs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Irrelevant

Gonna be quite relevant in a week or two

Cashed out all my crypto user, dont want to sit on a -75% loss because of a bubble crash. Looking at stock options right now, thinking about Tesla because they are releasing their new family car

btw. just started reading this book. But the first two chapters are litterally just promises about what it's gonna teach you, sounds good, applying "disruption" from a new-market context to an internalized one... but does it actually pay off ?

Anyone read this? Do I bother to keep going?

>Cashed out all my crypto user, dont want to sit on a -75% loss because of a bubble crash.
Wow that's a big call. Did you get spooked by the rise in BTC?

>Looking at stock options right now, thinking about Tesla because they are releasing their new family car
Tesla as a stock is going from strength to strength but how much market share do you think they can really capture? I've been reading a lot about Carlos Ghosn recently and the Leaf, while it's profitable has only hit like a 1/5 of it's target. Now Tesla totally has a brand behind them that Nissan don't (Infiniti hasn't done so well) do you think Tesla has what it takes to sway mom drivers to electric?

enjoy making 10 WHOLE percent in a year

Not only will they capture market shares from other car companies but they keep re-inventing themselves with Tesla energy. I dont know about you but I'm really impressed by their off-the grid system.

You power your house and battery with Tesla solar roof tiles, you have your Powerwall battery, and then your Tesla car to get where you want to go, all off the grid. Super impressed.

So yeah, they will totally keep growing, I believe in Elon Musk and wish I invested earlier

Enjoy LOSING a whole lot of 75% in a week

>"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
>I dont know about you but I'm really impressed by their off-the grid system.
I'm keeping my eye on this, but you raise a good point about them pivoting more to energy because even if they only remain a niche car manufacturer they will still be able to sell on that tech to virtually any other car manufacturer, and not to mention as a power solution for dwellings and governments.

As for myself. I'm still unsure, keeping my eye on it, but undecided on where it's gonna go.

It has obviously experienced quite a bit of growth over the last few years and I doubt it will grow much faster than it is right now

But I'm absolutely certain Tesla will grow far more in the years to come, so it's more of a longterm investment here

pretty much all of my portfolio is no-crypto since i just got here a few days ago.
local stocks (ARG) currently going well since we'll be emerging market in june

>But I'm absolutely certain Tesla will grow far more in the years to come, so it's more of a longterm investment here
Amazon has set a pretty good precedent for them. Also Musk is becoming, I mean I don't know much about him, but he's really framing himself in that Tech Evangelist mold that worked so well for Steve Jobs.

Any other investments you're looking into? Can't just all be one stock.

What's your tips on the economy over there? What sectors are you bullish about?

Hey guys, anyone got any good tips for reading candlesticks? Can you ever predict rallies and drops using them?

Precious metals mostly. Lithium, Platinum and Gold ofcourse

I think stocks themselves are quite overpriced right now and there's a bubble there, but stock markets take much longer to react so I don't think we'll see a bubbleburst there for a couple years more

If most people here lost 75% profit, they'd still be way over 10%.

If there's two chapters of self-important padding then the rest of the book is expecting you to have drunk the kool-aid to continue. Put it down and get a better book.

Respect short-term losses. It's no good to be sitting on 75% loss when you could have easily avoided it.

Not only does your capital lose value, but you have less to invest when we have bargain prices all over the place

My two cents: I usually look at RSI.

Anyone else wanna help this user out?

>I think stocks themselves are quite overpriced right now and there's a bubble there,
Interesting to know.
>so I don't think we'll see a bubbleburst there for a couple years more
You intending to ride the rally while it keeps happening?

You have a full board of crypto threads, stop trying to argue semantics on this one. The guy has already made his choice, he wants out of crypto, all your arguing with him shows is that you're insecure yourself about your investments.

That's a really good litmus test. Thanks user!

Here's a proven concept:
>Buy a rundown apartment building near the main train/bus station.
>Prop it up a little.
>Rent out rooms/apartments to prostitutes. $100/night
>Use $75 of every $100 to fight off local crime (or pay off)

Fuck Tesla's shitcars. Tesla's battery tech and manufacturing is far more interesting. Their 18650 cells are the best on the market already.

energy and banks, probably construction too.
PAMP, TRAN, GGAL, DYCA, JMIN...
not all of those can be invested at from outside Arg though.
topforeignstocks.com/foreign-adrs-list/the-full-list-of-argentina-adrs/

Do you have to negotiate through their pimps, or you talking about freelance hos?
Where I'm from property ain't cheap so even if I was working it wouldn't be viable
Reading about it now, but I know dick all about battery manufacture
www.patentsencyclopedia.com/imgfull/20100136421_01

Thanks for the info. Might be worth keeping an eye on any ETFs that invest in those industries I guess if I can't direct invest.

Musk is a hero and has been for many years running (at least a full decade of dedicating his rich self to pushing humanity and civilization up an order of magnitude)

>prostitutes
Here (Germany) prostitution is legal so most prostitutes don't have proper pimps. But yeah, I think dealing through a pimp would be preferable as women are irrational and bad at business.

Also downtown rundown properties here are exceptionally inexpensive in most working class cities.

>batteries
You can get a good introduction with one day research. Hell, you can even watch a bunch of RC/robot/home made energy walls videos on YouTube.

Tesla's 18650 cells for example are resistant to fire. They won't catch fire as easily as Tesla managed to replace the flammable liquid electrolyte with a solid polymer strip.

They still get fucked up when punctured (as in they stop working). But there's no runaway thermal reaction just from puncturing like there would be with a common 18650 cell.

There's also a lot of research being done. There are pretty cool upstarts that sadly aren't public. If Tesla manages to buy the IP on that tech they essentially will have won.

Also SpaceX is a huge one. The day they go public I'm going to dump a good chunk of money on it.

>They won't catch fire as easily as Tesla managed to replace the flammable liquid electrolyte with a solid polymer strip.
SoooOOOOooold!

>Also SpaceX is a huge one. The day they go public I'm going to dump a good chunk of money on it.
That's one I'm very skeptical of.
It's literally rocketscience.