What exactly IS heaven, and why is it never explained in detail?

What exactly IS heaven, and why is it never explained in detail?

Also why is the Christian concept of heaven so different from Islam and Judaism?

Christian heaven was influenced by Greco Roman ideas of heaven.

It is where you get to experience the Benevolence of God.
He will give you whatever you ask for. He will give everyone what they ask for.
You can look like anything you want to, have any body, go anywhere, do anything that is not evil.
If you want to roleplay as a dragon slayer in a fantastic land you can. If you want to battle other people in a sci-fi shooter scenario on a spaceship, you can do that. You can take on the appearance of an alpha male and have sex with hundreds of angels.
You can even see God Himself in a beatific vision.

That doesn't sound ideal at all. What happens when you run out of things you want to do?

Because Christians are platonic and their heaven is a corrupted version of Plato's topos ouranios.

>What exactly IS heaven
The final merging of the pure soul that recieved the Holy Spirit with God.
>why is it never explained in detail?
It is not a very important question. You have learned how to live well. You need no description of the award that awaits you as you should not care about the award, only about living well.
>Also why is the Christian concept of heaven so different from Islam and Judaism?
I think it's because Greek influence wasn't strong enough during the time of judaism to rub off on the religion, and has significantly faded by the time of islam. During christianity it was just right.

>It is where you get to experience the Benevolence of God.
Yes.
>He will give you whatever you ask for. He will give everyone what they ask for.
>You can look like anything you want to, have any body, go anywhere, do anything that is not evil.
>If you want to roleplay as a dragon slayer in a fantastic land you can. If you want to battle other people in a sci-fi shooter scenario on a spaceship, you can do that. You can take on the appearance of an alpha male and have sex with hundreds of angels.
No.
>You can even see God Himself in a beatific vision.
Yes.

Just turn your brain off, dude. Do what you are told and you get rewarded to an infinite degree. Disobey and you get punished to an infinite degree. This isn't simply a tactic of religion to acquire and hold onto believers.

That's amazing! I will kill myself and go there right now! Wa-hoooo!

Maybe I missed the joke, but that's exactly what I would say while founding a religion in an attempt to acquire and hold onto believers.

Yes, that's the joke. I was implying that it was all made up just to get and hold onto believers and therefore it is pointless to care about what heaven or hell is actually like. They are simply a grossly exaggerated carrot and stick.

Wait why can't you be a dragon slayer or be in a spaceship. I can understand not sleeping with angels.

If you think time and space are constraints in eternity then you don't understand anything about the abrahmic concept of God.

Because those forms of entertainment are Earthly wishes. Upon being in the Lord's grace you will be completely at one with God and you will not wish for such infantile and borderline autistic things.

Hey, be nice to user. He just asked.

Aren't the angels all dudes on account of women not being created until Adams rib and all that?

Care to explain how they differ?

Islamic version of heaven is similar to the Christian version of heaven. We all get judged, and those whose deeds are judged righteous and those who love and believe in God will get in while the rest of us burn in Hell for an unspecified amount of time, possibly eternity. Those are the similarities. The difference is that in Christianity you get in through Jesus, while in Islam you get in through Allah.

Jews don't really have a Heaven the same way Christians and Muslims do. They still need to fear God and be submissive to Him, but there's nothing explicitly written in the Torah or elsewhere in the OT about a payoff after death.

I don't recall there being any female Angels mentioned by name. Also, the Book of Enoch makes it seem like they're all males, since it mentions the Watchers taking wives from among the humans.

>tfw the Angels who've remained loyal to God haven't gotten laid in tens of thousands of years

Our Lord is a strange master.

>Tfw Lucifer's revolt was literally a beta virgin uprising against the Almighty Chad

Thank you for actual answers. I do have one more question based on this though:

If Jews didn't have a reward in the afterlife, why would they care about submitting to God? Is there still a "Hell"?

read the Divine comedy

Why do you need to ask for anything? Why aren't you just made to be eternally content and ecstatic? Wouldn't that be a more efficient way of providing happiness to those who've earned it?
Actually, why didn't God just make the world like this to begin with? And what's your source for that interpretation of Heaven?

Christian doctrine has maybe three concepts of Heaven.

First, there is the 'dwelling place of God,' a metaphor to describe the transcendent mode of God's own being. This would be what we talk about when we talk about "Our father in Heaven."

Second, there is what is called the "intermediate state," between death and the general resurrection at the end of the present world. This is the "paradise" Jesus talked about to St Dismas. In this state the disembodied souls of those who fell asleep in Christ persist, and are miraculously granted the beatific vision, a timeless vision of God himself.

Last, there are the New Heavens and the New Earth, the perfected creation which replaces this one. This is where human beings live forever after the general resurrection. It is here that human nature is fully perfected, our material good being brought perfectly in line with our spiritual good.

The first concept of heaven serves to express the holiness of God. The second expresses the survival of human nature past bodily death. The third represents our hope that our full humanity will be brought into harmony with the divine will, and our foolish rebellion brought to an end at last.

"You have sorrow now, but I will see you again and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. In that day you will no longer ask Me anything. Truly, truly, I tell you, whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you. "

Jesus said, "If the flesh came into being because of spirit, that is a marvel, but if spirit came into being because of the body, that is a marvel of marvels.

Yet I marvel at how this great wealth has come to dwell in this poverty."

Commodities come into the world in the shape of use values, articles, or goods, such as iron, linen, corn, &c. This is their plain, homely, bodily form. They are, however, commodities, only because they are something two-fold, both objects of utility, and, at the same time, depositories of value. They manifest themselves therefore as commodities, or have the form of commodities, only in so far as they have two forms, a physical or natural form, and a value form.

>Also why is the Christian concept of heaven so different from Islam and Judaism?

Because what we know about the Christian conception of Heaven comes from God himself. The Jews and the Muslims just know about Heaven second hand, so they're less accurate.

>angels
>gender

Each angel is its own individual specie.

>If Jews didn't have a reward in the afterlife, why would they care about submitting to God?

Rewards in this life. One of the main things Jesus went against was the idea that wealth in this life directly translated to being righteous in this life. That is the righteous were rewarded for their virtue with wealth and good fortune, while the non-righteous were punished with pain and suffering.

>Why do you need to ask for anything? Why aren't you just made to be eternally content and ecstatic?
Ignore him no one actually knows.

>Wouldn't that be a more efficient way of providing happiness to those who've earned it?
You don't earn heaven. It is freely offered to you.

love thy neighbor user, wouldnt want to go to hell now, would we?

I think heaven is the fulfillment of God's benevolence.
God wishes for us the highest joy possible, that our joy may be complete.
What is a higher divine joy than the one that Christ himself experiences.
I think he merges all souls into Christ, the Alpha-Omega.

>t.someone who never read a bible
Stop getting your info from the reprobate Christ killers on the History channel.

Google the references to eternal life in the Tanakh and books of the prophets.

Angles are a different organism to humans, with no gender like bacteria.