Cool/Powerful Historical photos

Bonus points for stuff we haven't all seen a million times before.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MFQgIX_le0Q
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2776989/Recovering-fallen-German-soldiers-killed-bloody-Second-World-War-Brandenburg-battle-discovered-wearing-boots-helmets.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They one-eyed guy's face in particular, he seems so lost. Theres also footage of him, youtube.com/watch?v=MFQgIX_le0Q at 11:18. And when he starts marching you can see that he has to turn his head to be able to see the russian soldier. For some reason it makes me sad.

I've got a MASSIVE Pacific War folder, mostly USMC stuff

You guys interested?

Sure man

This one is for the /k/ommandos among us. Here's an STG-44 and some gear that was unearthed at Seelow Heights

There's more in this article
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2776989/Recovering-fallen-German-soldiers-killed-bloody-Second-World-War-Brandenburg-battle-discovered-wearing-boots-helmets.html

>select all fireworks captcha

>1

>For some reason it makes me sad.
What makes me sad is knowing that both of those fuckers, the Soviet and the German, were probably just regular people like you and I, who had very little if any say in the machinations of their totalitarian regimes. Did they even believe in the cause they sacrificed everything for? Had they been born in another time, they could have been friends. They would have just been ordinary men, doing the best they can to feed their families and live their lives. But they were caught up in the trends and forces of global affairs.

Soldier going though shell shock

specifically thats a Marine who got sent back after fighting on the ridges of Peleliu.

That was some of the most brutal and bitter fighting the Marines went through during the war and even maybe their history.

Stop being effeminate. People lose their eyes all the time. Animals have ripped each other's faces off since the beginning of mammal life on earth.

This isn't unnatural, your low-testosterone, trembling nerves, tearfully emotive reaction to it is. Stop weakening western civilisation. Do you think young Muslim men are sitting around talking about how war pictures make them feel sad?

Don't indulge the fearful weakness of pity. Face horror with resigned, masculine stoicism.

10 bux says this guy is the typical high pitched numale

>Face horror with resigned, masculine stoicism.
It's entirely possible to feel sad about something and still do this.

Control your emotions, don't kill them.

Bulgaria invading the Ottoman Empire during the Balkan War, the last non-modern war.

Bulgarian soldier helping out an Ottoman one who was left behind during the retreat.
Considering the mood at the time and the atrocities done by all sides involved, this is a bit of a special moment.

I'll post a few more, though they aren't emotional. Historically interesting since it is the last war before things got "modern" with WWI.

Nothing says fuck you better than charging the krauts while wearing bright blue greatcoats that are at least 50 years obsolete

He was captured on 24 February 1942 by Axis forces and subsequently hanged in Valjevo on 27 May 1942, aged 26. As the rope was put around his neck, Filipović defiantly thrust his hands out and shouted "Smrt fašizmu, sloboda narodu!" which translates as "Death to fascism, freedom to the people!". He urged the Yugoslav people to resist and implored them to never cease resisting. At this moment, a subsequently-famous photograph was taken from which a statue was cast.

Wtf lol

>Did they even believe in the cause they sacrificed everything for?
People in red army were sacrificing themselves for their right to live. Not sure about Wermacht.

Young Muslim man here. We often cry when hearing the Quran and stories of the martyrdom of Muhammad's family.

We're not all trained robots to come and take your liberties or explode trying, believe it or not. We're people too.

SFSN

Delete this!

American pilots captured in Vietnam

>We often cry when hearing the Quran and stories of the martyrdom of Muhammad's family.
lmao pussies

Shut up, muslims are not people! /pol/ told me!

my god

Germans invaded them bud.

Fuck off back to /pol/ loser.

Why do people have this retarded idea that only white westerners feel empathy?

Mate you have most likely never faced anything even slightly similar to what is being discussed. >Face horror with resigned, masculine stoicism.
You write, sitting in front of your computer in a first world country, where you've probably never been in any kind of real danger.

My dad was part of the UN forces in the Balkans in the breakup of Yugoslavia, toughest, most stoic guy I know, but still, war on such a scale is horrible for anyone, and he constantly regrets volunteering.
Don't try to glorify war, it is the worst experience of all.

The third shot, the one of the house being blasted away, never fails to inspire awe in me. The level of sheer destructive power that mankind has been able to harness is terrifyingly incredible.

>Stop being effeminate. People lose their eyes all the time. Animals have ripped each other's faces off since the beginning of mammal life on earth.
>This isn't unnatural, your low-testosterone, trembling nerves, tearfully emotive reaction to it is. Stop weakening western civilisation. Do you think young Muslim men are sitting around talking about how war pictures make them feel sad?
>Don't indulge the fearful weakness of pity. Face horror with resigned, masculine stoicism.

Saw the 44 and immediately thought, Battle of Berlin. Brandenburg makes sense, obviously. Very cool find.

Shi'a infidel detected

fucking kek