Most successful stock market investors hold for years and sometimes decades

>Most successful stock market investors hold for years and sometimes decades
>Least successful stock market investors are day traders and dumbshit retail traders who jump in and out of random meme stocks day by day and stare it low timeframe stock graphs

>Most successful crypto investors held for years
>Least successful hop in and out of coins at complete random because going to le moon and meaningless news
>Veeky Forums is full of the latter

Really makes you think.

my coin net worth is 10k

i daytrade with roughly 2k

daytrading is for fun. longterm hold is for gains

also i am successful in daytrading. i usually win in a 2:1 ratio.

when this all ends and we have another 3 year drought, ull be so sad that you didnt fully take advantage of this truly ridiculius time

i mean. compare this to stocks. my stocks havent moved while my coins are up like 3x 4x

The difference is that if you want to make serious money just holding you need to have serious money to put in

You don't need to have serious money to get rich trading, even though the risk is much higher

>invest into promising coins early
>wait
>??????????????
>profit

You won't be earning a million that way unless you have tens of thousands to put in

Most people here are poor as fuck

The most successful ones are professionals who use other people's capital to make trades.

Not everyone start with a capital of 500 000$, sorry to burst your bubble.

of course i'm gonna trade intraday when shit can jump 100% +/- in a few hours

honest question, what's the point in being old but rich?

the only time to utilise wealth is in relative youth.

I could invest in standard stocks and be confirmed millionaire by 50, but what's the fucking point.

>put 1k on a promising coin with market cap 15m
>wait 3 years
> it reaches 15b.
>x1000 gains.
>yfw when you have 1 milion.

>>Most successful stock market investors hold for years and sometimes decades

Well that's because that's what an investor is.

There are a shitload of extremely rich and successful traders too.

George Soros, Paul Tudor Jones, Steve Cohen, Ray Dalio, James Simons (algo trading), etc

In crypto buy and hold is only useful if you select the correct cryptocurrencies.

Buying and holding something that gets delisted and dies isn't particularly profitable.

1000 * 1000%

Google that please

Fucking burguers.

good luck finding that promising coin, you'd be better off taking out a loan, and putting some into a hyped ICO (BAT) and selling the tokens for double the initial investment when they're released to the general public

my day trading has only increased me longterm holds

You need a middle ground.

My realistic path to wealth without day trading random hot garbage is to do well in my finance career ($300-500k+ a year) and save/invest heavily into index funds, real estate, and a few individual stocks that I want to be overweight in (Amazon, Google, etc).

Value investing will always win. You have to look at stocks not as simply ticker symbols but businesses. Google "economic moats". The same can apply to cryptocurrencies, with Bitcoin and Ethereum leading the way for sophisticated applications of their technologies in the future. The cryptocurrency fuckfest going on now is bullshit, the fundamentals of everything are being completely ignored. Everyone is buying on pump and dumps and technical analysis.

End rant.

Why don't you guys ever recognize that you have to get insanely lucky with holding for you to generate a profit in a few years?
Really it's like selecting the correct numbers for a lottery ticket. You'll fall back on referencing ETH like you always do, but that was 1 coin out of hundreds that all had promising ideas and unique applications that should have become mainstream and become a rival to BTC, but are now dead in the water.

Just go look at the historical data on coinmarketcap, it's right there for you to see how many die and become forgotten.

Yes but this can't be sustainable. The cryptocurrency markets have to stabilize at some point in order for there to be actual applications and widespread use of a given currency.

You don't need to buy no-name shitcoins to win big. The most popular altcoins have all been around for at least a few years and are still capable of huge pumps, as you can see from the past couple months.

Also, invest in many different coins. Coins tend to pump quickly but die slowly, so you have a bigger window to get out than to get in. Also, as long as there is active development, almost any coin can come back from the dead.

Bought 20 LTC in 2013 for 150 EUR. 3 days later I sold 5 coins for 150 EUR. Now I'm basically sitting on a four year old wallet that is again rising in worth.
HODLING IS LIFE, HODLING IS LOEV!

just bought 440 ripple. Now im gonna wagecuck for a few years and then see what i got.

You really think it will be 3 years again?

yup. Stopped reading coin threads after I fell for POSW (still holding though)

I agree with alot of this. In my opinion this very level headed comment.
I also think there is very revolutionary products being built based on blockchains. I believe their are use case where this technology can be applied to create a seemless experience for normie end users. I believe the products are being built now and some have already have been built which will be around for a long time and will become ubiquitous in our lives. While it is a fuck fest now and we will experience massive fluctuations there are diamonds in this orgy of shit coins.

The most successful crypto traders hop in and out you tard.

>I could invest in standard stocks and be confirmed millionaire by 50
No you couldn't. Other people could, sure. People with brains, good jobs, and proven long-term investment strategies.

But you, no. Enjoy your poverty.

Lmao do you not know what 1000 x 1000 is