Windfall inheritance...wat do

so any actual real adults here that want to chat about this situation and not just trolling about moon missions?

I've got a real job w/ $120k salary, own my home, have a wife and kids and shit.

I've been dabling in BTC/ETH for a little bit and its pretty damn nice having a 4x ROI while my 401k putz's along @ 7.5%. I've only got maybe $50k in the crypto markets. Long term buy-n-hold usually, none of this PumpnDump.

Anyway, so I recently came into a huge inheritance. $621k....its just sitting in cash in a MMA. I'm trying to convince the wife to let grab some more of that for these shit coins....smart idea or dumb idea?

>inb4 proof

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/personalfinance/wiki/windfall
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why are you asking this board? You know what they're going to tell you. I think putting 100k in some of the safer coins is a really good idea - in a year you'll have your kids college paid for.

>needing permission from your wife

cuck

fuck around with like 10k but do NOT put that much money in this shit dude

how did you get those crypto gainz?

Put 100k into crypto, the rest of it into real estate and rent it out.

bought a lot of BTC back in 2014 when it went down to $400-$500...and most recently ETH last month.....still holding.

yeah, i wouldn't invest more than like 5% of that amount dude, be happy with what you got.

I'd put a decent bit in ZEC, very safe buy at this point after the partnership with Goldman Sachs, it will definitely become a top 10 coin.

welcome to the real world....adults with mutual respect and shared finances and life goals tend to discuss and agree on big decisions, not just chasing the dragon of whatever desire you have...

>Long term buy-n-hold
smart man

cuck

eth or btc or different?

Literally a blue pilled cuck. Kek

user you need a sex change. also you are pussywhipped cuck. you got over half mil, you are the man, but you take the role of a woman, your WIFE is the MAN of the house.

Blue chips

At this stage you dont need to play with crypto

Kek, OP are you married to an asian woman by chance?

Why the fuck would you even tell her about your inheritance?

>huge technology recognition resulting in coins going up every day and big companies joining in
>general public hasn't invested yet
>wont invest because of wife

Buy the fucking high ranked cryptos, tell your wife its your decision, then say I told you so to her when you are a millionaire. It's buy now or wagecuck more.

>gets substantial financial windfall
>wants to buy kiddie coins
Dude, you don't have to play the lottery anymore. You've actually got something to lose now. Grow the fuck up.

lots of inheritance threads on /r/personalfinance for advice.

>he actually believes this

OP, just buy 1000 ETH and a treznor.

>If you buy crypto you're just a little kid
You're a dying breed nocoiner, even Shkreli and Schiff are advising people to get into crypto.

>Shkreli
Oh, an autistic, manlet, internet personality who was ousted from his own company and lost millions in future wealth is advising me to do something?

Ok, think I'll do the opposite. kthxbi

Whats your level of education, age, current economic and living situation?

reddit.com/r/personalfinance/wiki/windfall
>inb4 leddit

>actual adult
Why'd you come here? You should know that you put 10% in short term bonds and 90% in an index fund if you want to keep the wealth, if you want to grow it take a small amount and stash it in ETH/ETC 50:50.
ETC is the next BTC, huge growth potential along with ETH and is going to be attractive to miners in the future. BTC is currently in a civil war state so I'd stay away from it, more short term risk than reward and if you want safety you could always just buy T-bills and hire an african male to fuck your wife.

put 100k into ethereum immediately. you, your kids, and their kids, won't have to work a day in their lives.

graduate engineering degrees, 30, own my house $600k value w/ 28% equity, $200k in Tax-advantaged accounts, $620k windfall, another $200k in post-tax accounts

>Bill Gates, Peter Schiff, and Martin Shkreli are all wrong, I'm smarter than them
kek, whatever nocoiner

>trying to convince the wife

is it your money or her money? it's yours - do whatever you want.

just buy ethereum already

I have 10% of my wealth in it and would have 20% if I had an active income aside from trading

>buy high, sell low

genius

t. handholdless incels

OP, I strongly suggest getting advice from a professional. Veeky Forums is literally a containment board.

That's what you'll be doing if you buy into the crypto markets right now. Wait until right after the crash and you might be able to turn your money into $50M after 5-10 years.

Guaranteed virgin incels

You lost me at I need my wifes permission to spend my money I was given that isnt her's./

Are you some blue pill cuck that has no balls?

I would NOT need my wifes permission to better my money and I sure as fuck would not be so no balls I need wife's permission for anything.

wow society has become cuck'd if people are not joking when saying things like need wifes permission.

Never have never will dont get married if you are gonna end up a husk of a man with no balls in your sack.

disgusting weak genetic code numales all over these days

put half in Berkshire Hathaway

What a fucking cuck double fuck if your wife weighs over 120lbs

I think you should sell the vanguard account and convert it to ripples. Its the japanese bank of the future.

hmmm....is wiring $$ the best way to get $100k into the exchanges? fuckin coinbase has huge fees for purchases

He means legally. In US that's her money too.

OP, she gonn divorce your ass, you better prepare that rope nigga.

Buy two shares of Berkshire A. Let Warren Buffet Make all your money for you. Spend the rest on ETH/BTC

well that's why he's a stupid weak genetic code numale.... he thinks marriage in this day and age with all it's laws stack against men is a smart idea.

she legally can steal half his shit and lie about him in court and the bias courts will side with her almost every time.

but something something females oppressed patriacy.

nah he's just a numale bitch and went with being a nu male bitch that needs cuntcakes permission.

not married not a problem.

oops hope he enjoy's losing half his shit when she gets bored and dick hops to the next upgrade around year 7.

This is why I'm never fucking getting married. If I decide to have kids later it'll be through a surrogate.

He has a point, OP. Your life was already well on track before this inheritance. There is no financial risk per se if you do with this money what you damn well please. Your family is not in any sort of financial danger if you alone already earn 120k. Any sort of financial decisions that you two would need to coordinate is if it came out of both of your paychecks, and had an effect on both of your lives, as well as your children's lives. What you received was an inheritance. It's money completely for you and you alone. Your wife is not part of the inheritance and that's final.

30% ETH
30% BTC
Divide the rest among the bigger name coins after going through their project whitepapers, ensuring you know what you're getting into.
My personal recommendation:
10% RLC
10% Burst
10% PosW
10% BitBay

>I'm trying to convince the wife
Fucking white boy cuck, lel.

This guy gets it. Sell your Cryptos no cucks allowed on the moon

Well, you'll never have to worry about having a wife, because you're likely a 300 pound neckbeard who roleplays on a memecoin containment board.
The courts are biased.
Not bias.

user you need to let your finances be your own. Never combine finances in a marriage. You're just setting yourself up for fucking failure when you need permission for every single big choice and expense. People have gotten divorced and fucked over because of this. Most successful marriages usually have people earning separately and putting money towards different things that they want.

Oh look the shaming language response someone always gives when someone makes a post that isnt pro pussy worship. you're a virgin you must be fat you'l never get laid blah blah shaming language blah blah blah.
I should post the shaming language chart since you're dinged a few with your hilarious and cliche response of bad virgin cant get laid hates females who hurt you blah blah blah must be fat.

try harder
Notice you can't say im wrong or inaccurate but you will rush to that shaming language cuz some princces you arent fucking needs you're virtual signal approveal. Run along weak genetic code

typo oh well im over it.

>trying to convince the wife to let
you done fucked up twice. once was letting your wife get into a position to where she needs to let you. second was not immediately contacting a lawyer because in majority of jurisdictions your inheritance is considered separate property, which is one of the very few types that she cant just take away from you by divorce raping you. but the thing is its way to easy to fuck up and make that separate into community property and then your inheritance becomes hers and belongs to her.

why not?

Insecure beta detected.
Guessing someone's a fat faggot loser on Veeky Forums isn't hard, it's like 90% of the userbase. Sound like I hit a nerve.
Also, you should consider a remedial English class, because holy fucking shit was that post a mess.
>>>/nevergonnamakeit/

>hey guys what should I do with a significant inheritance?
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ROASTIES GET OUT

This.

Your job as a husband is to keep her and your kids alive. Why would she need access to your money?

With that much money I would say the fees are worth it. You want the most legit, trustworthy exchange possible so they don't suddenly go tits up and run away with your money like MTGOX.

Also get started on becoming accredited and approved ASAP so you can move larger amounts.

Buy a house in Costa Rica or Belize and rent it out when you aren't down there. Real estate there is cheap af for massive nice houses. Lots of friendly locals and usually not many tourists so they aren't super hard to rent. My friends dad just got one a year ago in Costa Rica and he keeps it booked whenever he isnt there.

user this is a good idea and ignore your stupid wife who doesn't know shit, what does she make? $20k? If even? Ignore the dumb bitch. How many gains has she made? IGNORE THE FUCKING ROASTIE. DIVORCE HER NOW. OMFG

Put at least $100k into crypto, this is a great chance now because if you lose it, it's not as big of deal as in lifestyle threatening. You have a chance for big gains

By crypto I mean primarily BTC, and a little bit of ETH and an even smaller bit of moonshots.

Then put the rest into mutual funds and bonds.

You should do the following :-
0) precommitment to charity of both your choice
1) pay off all personal debt
2) retain 3 month salary as cash in the bank
3) put the rest into bean coin!!
Not really
3) if you've got mortgage left, smash all of it
4) reservation for tax
5) for the remainder, treat your wife with a nice holiday or a car or something
6) subtract equal value for what you spend on your wife for crypto - you have plenty already
7) college fund for kids
8) got any left - consider deposit on another house somewhere.

Listen to this guy OP.

what the hell is a federal monkey fund?

dumb if youre trading, it can be considered gambling, thus, a problem and leads you down a slippery road.

if youre investing, though, not as bad because you arent looking at the charts every 20 seconds like these fucking hopeless morons.
even so, i'd just get some property.

>Invests
>Keeps charts open 24/7 on spare monitor for dopamine rush during anticipation and peaks

This is a drug, I am a lifelong investor now.

There's only one reasonable course of action.

Take a few grand to "play" with, then put the rest in a money market fund for no less than 1 year.

Spend the next year working in a long term plan.