Okay, we know most wars are morally ambiguous, and "Good vs Evil" largely isn't a thing

Okay, we know most wars are morally ambiguous, and "Good vs Evil" largely isn't a thing,
but it'd be lying to say that sometimes it is. So ITT post wars where there was a clear just cause vs a villainous evil one, and be sure to list who was good and who was evil

All I can think of is

Irish War of Independence
The Troubles

The Good: IRA/Provos
The Bad: The British

This is one of the few objective cases where one side was clearly in the right and the other as objectively an evil doer. Does Veeky Forums have any others?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shankill_Butchers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1972)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunningdale_Agreement
youtube.com/watch?v=8zSWlAHD29M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

inb4 WW1/2
inb4 Rhodesian Bush War
inb4 Napoleonic War

>IRA
>Good
The Irish were bad for rebelling against the Crown, their aristocrats had married into England's royal family, thus they shall forever be Ireland's eternal lords.

Casting aside British control over Ireland is desecration to the personal union between Britain and Ireland.

is that a US flag???

I feel confused

The Crown was bad for holding free peoples as slaves and murdering innocents for wanting sovereignty that had been stolen from them in the past by the Crown's acts of genocide.

>personal union
The only union is stockholm syndrome, Nigel. Your country sucks, and the Irish didn't want to be a part of your genocidal Kingdom. You couldn't deal with it so you gunned down children.

gr8 b8 m8

The United Kingdoms suck now? Look at how irrelevant and shitty Ireland is now

Who was the bad guy in the napoleonic war for you ?

The big guy

There was none. That's why I posted that

what's so good about trying to kick out the Brits and turn Dublin into Nigeria at the same time

Irrelevant? Mate I get pussy by having le Irish accent, it ain't even that irish I am from Galway ffs.

>get pussy
>relevant
Go bacj to reddit you uneducated scum, getting laid is the opposite of Veeky Forums, or Veeky Forums as a whole.

>Not getting pussy
>this can not be relevant

I wouldn't touch reddit with a ten foot pole.

I preach a philosophy where getting laid and Veeky Forums live in harmony

WW2 is obvious, but due to its huge scale it can´t be said that axis were always the bad gays. Finns were certainly the good guys, despite being on the bad guys side.

Muslim and Mongol Invasions to Europe

I care so little that I will post a gif og pepe I stole from another thread.

Nice philosophy though, go write a book.

>Write a book

You know what wise ass, I will

provos engaged in a campaign of deliberate murder of civilians and delayed any settlement in northern ireland by decades.

british as opposed to the protestants in ireland (and the two groups are distinct the troubles being a three cornered war) did what they could to minimise civilian casualties and tried to negotiate a settlement from the begining of the troubles onwards

the jacobite rebellions
good guys the parliamentary forces
bad guys the jacobites

trying to force a king upon a entire country just against the clearly expressed will of the people and of parliament in defiance of the principle of parliamentary sovereignty and in support of the archaic idea of the divine right of kings, I dont doubt the Jacobites had some brave and gallant men but their objective was fundamentally backwards and evil

NI fag here. Regarding the Troubles only the most extreme republicans think the IRA did nothing wrong, and most non-loyalist Unionists would acknowledge they were necessary pre-1973.

It's difficult to describe, but unionist paramilitaries and the government turned a blind eye to attacks on nationalist communities, so the IRA coming back was that side literally defending itself.
But by the time you reach the 80s the whole thing devolved into all sides killing civilians from the other side and occasionally other paramilitaries for "retaliation" of previous memeraiding.

TL;DR, You'd be right, only if the GFA was signedd 25 years early, but even with what past we have at most you can say the IRA was just as bad as the unionist extremists, not worse.

Bad = USA
Good = Iraq

I'd say these orchestrated wars in various parts of Africa with warlords constantly fighting over mines to decide who gets to sell the raw materials to European/American/Asian corporations while the country stays piss poor and war-torn are pretty evil but some ancap is gonna tell me this is just free enterprise and those dumb niggers should pull themselves up by the bootstraps

>clear just cause vs a villainous evil one
mate it's never clear and never would be

ur mum achmed

Lel typical one-eyed Proddy nonsense. I suppose it makes sense that an entire people are so ignorant of their own history when they are unequivocally the "bad guys" and they don't want to face up to it.

>engaged in a campaign of deliberate murder of civilians
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shankill_Butchers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1972)

>delayed any settlement in northern ireland by decades
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunningdale_Agreement
youtube.com/watch?v=8zSWlAHD29M

The Reconquista of Spain

Good:Iberians

Bad: pig disgusting Moors

The First Chechen War

The Good: Ichkeria
The Bad: Russia

>provos engaged in a campaign of deliberate murder of civilians
The IRA killed the least percentage of civilians to combatants compared to the British and the Loyalists.

ah yes, Irish education

WW1
The good: Central Powers
The bad: Entente

Good example btw, you can hear the anglo butthurt already.

You seem to be confusing Ireland with Scotland. The English invaded Ireland and the Irish aristocracy eventually fled to Spain, Portugal and Italy.

>look at how shitty ireland is now
Compared to Englandistan whose capital isn't even British anymore and has one of the highest crime rates in Europe?
And Ireland is objectively better for having left the UK, compare Ireland today to the shithole that is Northern Ireland.

what's bad about NI? Is it just sad poor people?

That, and it's economy is a complete failure that is only kept afloat by subsidies from Westminster and the EU (it'll be interesting to see what will happen after Article 50 is invoked) as well as civil service jobs.

One of the main reasons that the Irish government isn't really interested in reunification nowadays is because of how much of a mess NI is.

What's the difference between NI and RoI's economies? Surely they would be partaking in the same things? Do they have north american indian syndrome (get money thrown at them but since they're so depressed or whatever they don't do anything about it)?

The germans had it coming when they officially renamed Alsace-Lorraine to Elsaß-Lothringen. Fuck it, it's us vs the world boys!

>mfw a monarchist is a cuck near me

Galway is the most Irish city in Ireland, t. knower of knowings

>trying to force a king upon a entire country just against the clearly expressed will of the people
the irony