Without the Franks, Europe would have been lost to Islam. Thank you based Frankies. God bless you all

Without the Franks, Europe would have been lost to Islam. Thank you based Frankies. God bless you all.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tours
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tours#Contemporary_accounts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're welcome

prove it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tours

>Implying Europe just wasn't lost to the Franks and the Pope instead

Honestly, who gives a fuck?

Would Europe have missed out on the rationalist advancements made in the Medieval period, if they were Muslims instead of Christians? Would it have stifled innovation that much?

The only people who make this type of argument are pseuds like Rodney Stark who try to mask their ethno-centrism behind a veil of shilling on behalf of Catholicism. They try hiding their belief that Europeans developed the most advanced civilization on earth behind the idea that it wasn't because of anything special about themselves, merely that they had Christianity; and any other civilization could've conquered the world had they been lucky enough to receive Christianity first.

If you believe whites developed the world's greatest civilization, just grow some balls and say it. Don't spew nonsense about how the caravel wouldn't have existed without the church.

>implying Catholicism didn't revive the Latin spirit of education and order
>implying Europe wouldn't have been outshined and conquered without it

>While Abd ar-Rahman was pursuing Odo, he decided to despoil Tours by destroying its palaces and burning its churches. There he confronted the consul of Austrasia by the name of Charles, a man who, having proved himself to be a warrior from his youth and an expert in things military, had been summoned by Odo. After each side had tormented the other with raids for almost seven days, they finally prepared their battle lines and fought fiercely. The northern peoples remained as immobile as a wall, holding together like a glacier in the cold regions. In the blink of an eye, they annihilated the Arabs with the sword.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tours#Contemporary_accounts

You're welcome.
t. Flanders

>If you believe whites developed the world's greatest civilization, just grow some balls and say it. Don't spew nonsense about how the caravel wouldn't have existed without the church.
U WOT M8?

Christianity is the most beautiful religion in the world. Islam is iconoclastic, and for that reason alone it should be wiped out, along with the Proddies. I'm not a white supremacist, I just like art and history.

Just say it is you think European civilization is the greatest ever developed.

Don't try to link unconnected phenomena because you're worried people will call you racist.

In this picture we see Charles 'the Hammer of God' Martel delivering an eviction notice to the very first kebab stand in Southern France.

You you think that OP is saying that he thinks that European civilization is the greatest ever developed because he started a funny troll thread on Veeky Forums about the Battle of Tours?

Relaaaaax user.

>That one guy who thinks he's better than a racial-supremacist because he doesn't want to kill people based on their skin color, merely kill them for what they believe.

European civilization IS the greatest ever developed. No one can deny this. That doesn't mean it will continue to be, but so far no one can even compete.

There's figuratively nothing wrong with that belief, if that's what you believe and you can defend it.

But yes, I do believe that's what you were hitting at when you started this thread.

I never said I was better. I just think that killing people what for they believe is far more rational than killing them for what skull shape they have. Still not that rational to kill people, but hey the bloodlust has to go somewhere. Might as well be iconoclasts.

>american trying to lump europe together as one civilization

but Europe is lost to Islam

>implying an Europe united under the Islamic sword wouldn't have been even better

Maybe if we'd converted to islam in the times of the franks we wouldn't have terrorists now

>if we just surrender they won't attack us

Your argument is horribly conceited and shallow. It's obvious Christianity isn't some kind of progress-inducing miracle, like a perk you would pick up in a game. It is however the combination of religion with countless other factors that determine's a civilisation's rise or fall, and Christianity was incremental to the European peoples' success.

We never would've got where we are with a different religion (be it Islam or Zoroastrianism, or even another Christian denomination for that matter).

A local newspaper had a frontpage summary of terror casualties world wide. Europe had about 620 dead, the middle east more than 10000. Next highest was Africa. Islam is as bad for muslims are everyone else.

Like the other user said, it was white people, not Catholicism, the responsible for European civilization. Europe would be great no matter what religion they had (minus atheism, which is a civilization destroying substitute religion of the last days). On the other hand and complementary to that, Africa would have been shit even if it was the first and only continent to adopt Catholicism. But this is because of race, not religion.

French =/= Franks

The Belgians were the Franks. But Belgium does not exist. Therefor the Dutch are the Franks

You're welcome

kys colgate

Ummm, isn't Europe already lost to Islam?

Not OP

Just LingMAO at your triggered butthurt

You can switch beliefs.

>Implying its not Slavshits and GERMans trying to take credit for other peoples success

Cities would be sacked if Battle of Tours was lost, but winning a battle ‡ keeping it, governing it, and completely change the culture of occupied territory. Not without massive resources and time investment.

>Without the Germans, Europe would have been lost to Islam. Thank you based Germans. God bless you all.
ftfy

Why do we never learn about how the Muslims had been invited there by the local duke?

at least without him france would have suffered that fate, oh wait

European Muslims would have conquered the entire world and taken us out of the solar system.

Without the Franks, the Germanic Nations would have taken over all Europe and the Mediterranean basin, conquered Constantinople, cuck the Byzantines, defeat and kill Muhammad in the battle of Jerusalem (thus thwarting the very existance of Islam in the first place), and established The Rus Germanic borderlands to stop any asiatic thrusts into Yurop by Mongols, Slavs, Turks and other pests.

Thank you for not letting that happen, based Franks.

I would imply that beauty (of religion) is subjective, but since it seems that you are such a devoted christian I'd rather not start an argument regarding these kind of subjects.

Have you ever looked at Islamic art? I agree that it is held back, but it's definitely beautiful in its own right

Europe is lost to Islam now though.

What the fuck are you talking about?
Muhammad was dead by the time the Arabs starting taking Byzantine land. The siege of Jerusalem occurred under Umar

Whatever.

I'm talking about the Franks (pre-Charlemagne) Greatest Allies being the Romans, Byzantines and Slavs, and their enemy every single other Germanic.

During and post-Charlemagne, the Frank's Greatest Ally was the Pope and the Abbasid Empire.

>Christianity is the most beautiful religion in the world

Opinion disregarded.

>Without the Germans, Europe would have no Muslims.
ftfy

>Implying Islamic art isn't 1000X more based