Are bitcoins the Runescape discontinued items of real life?

Are bitcoins the Runescape discontinued items of real life?

Partyhats went from 10mil to 13bil in 10 years and will continue climbing as long as people play. And it's not just inflation, this is relative to all other items too because all other items are decreasing in price drastically despite inflation

-There is a limited supply of bitcoin
-People will want it more and more

I guarantee you in 10 years people will think "Holy fuck, it was only $2.5k for a bitcoin... FUCK!"

With discontinued items it NEVER mattered what happened. You KNEW in the longrun partyhats were a good investment. They halved or crashed to 100m? Didn't matter, this is when the whales stocked up and made more money than we can imagine in Runescape terms.

short answer: yes
long answer: yeah

But nothing lasts user, such as Runescape.
the past ceases to exist every second and at one point RS and BTC will be replaced by something better/different

Mfw runescape grand exchange is literally real life market simulator

>mfw I gained $3000 over two years just trading hats in TF2

When I look back on it, I wish I had been involved in MMOs, but EVE looked tediously boring and I never really enjoyed things like Runescape and WoW.

Weirdly enough any discontinued item in Guild Wars was worth 0 gold. The same price you'd sell a party hat at the npc market.

>not wanting to crash fictional corporations and cause IRL suicides because someone looking at you funny violated the NAP

I loved playing the Grand Exchange in Runescape and the AH in WoW. Now I'm starting to get into cryptocurrency. My addiction finally pays off

>tfw you've never owned a Phat

Don't fucking remind me I thought I got over this so many years ago.

I made this thread a couple weeks ago. It seems like a lot of us who are into crypto started getting an interest in trading by "merchanting" on RuneScape. Nearly everyone on this board claims to have played at one point or another.
Also fpbp

I was too young (about 12 years old at the time) to understand how to merch items in RS, I never really got the hang of it but saw a lot of other Youtubers make guides on it.
It really warms my heart to see so many other veterans of the game on this board DESU. Does anyone else play OSRS again?

yes ofc

I haven't played RS in at least a decade, but out of curiosity, how much do party hats and santa hats sell for in terms of USD? I remember having a bunch of those at some point after making so much gold, I didn't really have anything to spend it on.

I quit entirely. I created my account when the game was 2d and they still wanted me to start all over on rsc. If my maxed cb stats transferred over I'd still play.

Same. I wanted one so badly.

Anyway I play OSRS now. They're just a common item there though.

i use to have a halloween mask in rs but i lost my account

Honestly I think the most expensive are about $4000. Considering it was possible to stack up a few hundred back then, quite a few people could probably buy a house with them today.

What's the deal with Runescape discontinued items? I just haven't played it. Why are those items so valuable?

They're discontinued as you know so impossible to get and thus a sign of extreme, unbelievably high wealth in the game.

Other than that, I suppose it's just an instrument of extreme wealth in that people buy them as a means of "investing" and obtaining further in-game wealth, an object of merchants.
Obviously though it has no use other than being cosmetic.

It's a collectible item.

Before you think that's stupid, consider that collectibles are worth a fortune. Anything signed, a prop from a famous movie, etc., all worth thousands. This is the same thing. Those who feel a connection with the game, usually with their childhoods, and now have the cash to afford it will buy it just like people rich enough who grew up obsessing over Star Wars will buy those sorts of things.

Hmm, that's pretty mesmerizing

I'm no expert but since it's such a niche market I imagine the price of these things is relatively stable and just going up.

Unless Jagex fucks it up by releasing more or something really stupid.

I like that OSRS has thousands of these released every year now as a common item so the price can never become inflated like this. OSRS has no rares and no double exp weekends, both reasons I heavily prefer it now.

was a poor fag then (slanging lobster notes), am a poor fag now (slanging shitcoin)

Selling lobs in 2005 that I fished in Catherby was the comfiest part of the game. I will probably never get to experience that again..

>ywn trek through the white wolf mountains for the first time ever again.
I'll never forget the day I became a member.

I remember playing this game as a kid, scamming faggots and building gains.

The game was amazing, it turned little kids into cut-throat thieves who'd sell their grandmother's kidneys for some gold.