ITT we post based leaders who saved their countries

ITT we post based leaders who saved their countries

Other urls found in this thread:

vanityfair.com/news/2007/07/hitchens200707
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For a time, at least.
He's not in office yet you Mongoloid, don't count your chicks before the eggs hatch.

Is this a meme? My understanding of post-colonial South American history is lackluster, and I'm not sure whether or not Pinochet was objectively bad for Argentina.

Why are Latin Americans on the Internet almost uniformly right-wing? Is it a class thing?

what did he save?

>I'm not sure whether or not Pinochet was objectively bad for Argentina

he is not part of history yet

from filthy communist scum

>Why are Latin Americans on the Internet almost uniformly right-wing?
We aren't.

>implying I was talking about Trump

Thanks for contributing

t. /pol/ who would rather pursue their dogmas than try to help the people of their nation in a meaningful matter

Has Hogan not died yet?

>WAHHH IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME U ARE LE /POL/ :(

Literally the only true answer so far. Deng was an economic and political genius.

Nah. He's leg-dropping web companies for millions of dollars now

I'm sure those helicopter rides gave a great return for the taxpayers, user.

not him but this post certainly makes me think you are from /pol/

now chile is one of latam's best nations compared to venezuela

Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Columbia, and Venezuela all have stronger economies than Chile, though.

>overthrow democratically-elected government with CIA backing
>brutally torture and murder dissidents
>whore country out to multinationals, implement massive shock therapy and become burger puppet state
>poverty rate increases to 45% while top 10% sees massive income growth

If your argument is that Allende was abusing his power (a legitimate one), he could have been impeached and removed from office by the National Congress or defeated in a free and fair election. But Allende was just a pretext to turn Chile into a Chicago School guinea pig.

>latin america
>right-wing
Ayyyyy.

You are not a poltard, but you are a retard

When did I say anything about the Venezuelan government?

says the communist fag

Individual images don't prove points, data does.
If you want to compare via HDI, Chile is bested by Argentina in total, and usually is anywhere from 3rd to 5th place on individual categories, even with Venezuela. Ultimately, most of South America is around the same level.

Poltards can only think in binary. If you don't support a psychopath like pinochet you must like the venezuelan government.

>ITS NOT REAL GOMMUNISM

>WAHHH IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME U ARE LE COMMUNIST FAG

Dumb frogposter

I'm not a communist. I think Maduro is an incompetent, corrupt, authoritarian fuckwit. I also think Pinochet was a sociopathic fascist who whored out his country to multinationals and was disastrous for the lower classes of Chile.

Is this so hard to understand?

What if Cuba got no sanctions?

If they were like the USSR, they would not do much trading and would be a closed economy. Partly due to sanctions, but they would still do that anyways imho.

But if they did trade, they would compete with big corn in the US as a sweetener, so it would be hard to say exactly what.

"Whored his country out to multinationals" good thing that you have such a derp understanding of macroeconomics and foreign invedtment eh?

totally.

MUH CIAAA

They would only trade with leftist countries anyway

Underrated

What a sour individual.

Pï8 don't save Chile, he tortured my family and friends of my parents

For some time...

Pinochet's from Chile, Jack.

Don't be born into a leftist family then next time dickhead

le edgy le XDD
Nobody brought up Venezuela, sperg.

What do you expect if their biggest economic partner collapses and their neighbor hates them?

*tips revisionism*

>What do you expect if their biggest economic partner collapses

The USSR was still around for most of the chart, during which Cuban gdp per capita went from in-line with world GDP per capita to faaar below the average.

>and their neighbor hates them?

The USA's embargo against them wouldn't even come close to making up from the difference of free subsidies they got in handouts from the USSR. For context, trade with the USA only accounts for like 5% of the DR's GDP.

When Cuba lost those free handouts their economy contracted by 30%, because the Commies were such fucking shit that Soviet handouts was the only reason they were able to function.

There was one exception to the rule that all our foes have committed and that is the Decadence Assumption. Ho Chi Minh never underestimated America. His avowed hero was George Washington and he remained in awe of the U.S., all his life. He remains the only enemy leader who ever defeated us at war, and then only because our hubris (not decadence) got the better of us.

*tips revisionism*

Pic related
I just realized that Pinoshits are the right wing libertarian equivalent of tankies.
>Mostly comprised of edgy teenagers who are just getting into radical politics
>Unquestionably loyal to anything their Great Leader™ no matter what he did, both the good and the bad
>View the world in a binary, us-vs-them mentality
>Inherently authoritarian while pretending to be the vangaurd to a promised utopia
>Vocal minority
>Constantly embarrass and ruin the reputation of their respective ideologies
The world would objectively be better if both groups killed themselves.

FUcking commies amirite xDD
if they dont like pinocchio they are just commies and fuck commies xD

nice rebbutal leftard

case and point

it's almost as if I was making a caricature of exactly what you've been doing

also not a leftard, try again

Yi Sun-Sin

Speak for yourself retard
t. argentinian

It is a class thing, most right wing people in latin america are middle or upper class. Which are the ones with internet connections. You'll get a few left wing middle class people from the cities though,

>Implying

Chile is just one of those countries that get whored out as a success story by the rightards.

They'll go all code of silence when things turn bad, just like every other time.

vanityfair.com/news/2007/07/hitchens200707

>ctrl + F Chile
>0 results
>Talks about fucking Carthage

Fuck off commie

>most right wing people in latin america are middle or upper class.

which makes them a minority in these countries

I don't know about the rest of latin america but in Argentina the rich and middle class are the majority

>hillary clinton supporter cry.jpg
yeah, you are from /pol/

I don't like communists but I don't like infringing people's rights and extrajudicial killings and the like either

It's funny how you complain about the "horrible" things Pinochet did while posting an image of Tito. I bet you think Yugoslavia was an economic powerhouse as well.

Good

>saved their country
it literally fell apart the moment he died

Except this meme is wrong, it ignores the preceding & the long term trends created & continued.

average /pol/ack everyone

>all these edgy posts
>nobody posted this handsome guy yet

I know this is /r Veeky Forums but come on guys.

You seem to have misplaced your picture of Leguia, here, take mine. You can forget about the Indian you have there. Fujimori would work as well.

>tfw pinochetfags are so ignorant they don't even know the helicopter rides meme is a farce since the whole point was to dispose of corpses of executed communists by throwing them into the sea, not throwing them out alive

Fuck

see

Dumb niggers

>List of Latin American countries by Human Development Index

Very High Human Development
Rank Country HDI World rank
1 Argentina 0.836 40
2 Chile 0.832 42
>two countries that had solid neoliberal reforms are the most prosperous

>70+ posts before Hoppean Snake Memes get posted
come on Veeky Forums

wow dude that's really edgy, i mean what's it like being 12 years old and incredibly wrong?

> in 3 years poverty falls 15%
> poverty continues down at the same rate for a decade & continues to fall for another decade
> whole time Chilean economy remains liberalized
> not a miracle

Oh Alah!

but that's wrong, you fucking retard, Pinochet had to abandon power because the country was in such a bad economic state in the late 80s he was risking a mass uprising.

>killing people I disagree with politically is a-okay if I agree with his economic policies

See
Nigger he was confident he would win and got 46% of the vote.

Leftists aren't people. They're savage animals who idolise societal structures from 30,000 years ago

> yet none of his policies were reversed or abolished

Oh Alah he can't be serious!

The concertacion governments actually moderated many Pinochet era policies or entirely reversed them and continue to do so to this day in spite of extreme butthurt from the right wing. In fact, Pinochetist faggots are convinced that Bachelet is a female Hugo Chavez.

>he was confident he would win
So was Hillary Clinton.

>yfw the """left""" took power and then proceeded to just leech off the policies Pinochet left instead of reversing them

pottery

>le Chi Chi Chi Le Le Le is worse than a country ran only by Peronist social-democrats (except for the brief period of time when they lost to the fucking UK lmao)

Besides some social spending & taxes to leech off the economic prosperity they left in the privatization, floating exchange rates, left off many of the tariffs & free trade restrictions & it remains to this day one of the most liberal economies ,certainly in Latin America. Coincidence? Oh alah I think not!

Not to mention that rate of growth & poverty decline, oh Alah is bueno!

Go home and lick your grandma's dried up cunt. He's the reason every ex-yu country apart from Slovenia is fucked.

>Leftists aren't people. They're savage animals who idolise societal structures from 30,000 years ago
not an argument