Sea People

Who were they?
What were they?
Where did they come from?
How come they could destryoed so many civillization at the end of bronxe age?
Were they the Khan Mongol at bronze age time?

420 blaze it

Sea People are a combination of multiple tribes and raiding nations which were hell-bent on raiding other nations for their own self-worth. Sea People's ethnicities are likely Mediterranean found mostly in areas of Greece and its many island. Sea People to a certain extent had a role in the collapse of the Bronze Age empires around the Ancient Near East. The likely reason for their success in crippling multiple nations is their swift attack by sea (hence the name given on the Egyptian inscription as "people of the sea"). Though the Sea People are not the only reason for the Bronze Age collapse, famines, earthquakes, other nations raiding each other and the rise of multiple factions within or coming out of nations. Eventually the Sea People disappear like that of other past and future raiding nations. The Sea People though did inhabit at least one place and that is Israel, these would be the Philistines. To say they're the Mongol's of the bronze age is an overstatement.

nobody actually knows but imo from being an obsessive stone/bronze age europe nut:

Who were they?
iberians
What were they?
pirates
Where did they come from?
islands in the mediterranean, maybe coastal settlements as well
How come they could destryoed so many civillization at the end of bronxe age?
they didn't. they just raided coastal settlements of civs before they collapsed and while they were collapsing.
Were they the Khan Mongol at bronze age time?
they were just pirates.

the iberian hypothesis is massively supported by the archaeology of various islands in the mediterranean. I doubt we will know for certain until we get a better grasp on undersea archaeology, but from what I've learned about stone/bronze age mediterranean shit I'd cut my dick off if the sea peoples didn't descend from iberians.

Iberians?

Are you trolling?

Literally no one claims they were Iberians and there is no argument for their Iberian origin, the furthest west some of them might have come from is Sardinia and even that is debated.

>Who were they?
>iberians
We have a fucking retard over here.

Maybe he meant Liberians or Siberians?

sardinians descend directly from iberians.

stop learning everything from wikipedia. it's a piece of shit. go to a library and open a fucking anthropology book.

Stop trolling you dumb cuck

I'm not. literally read something that isn't wikipedia. I'm opening wiki articles though and even some of them reinforce what I'm saying about iberians and the mediterranean isles. idk what you're all freaking out about, literally just read a fucking book. there's no better candidate for sea peoples than iberian descendants.

do some research on megalithic sites in the mediterranean and stone/bronze age iberian culture and it will dawn on you pretty quick who was conducting raids in the area during the bronze age. like it's not even a huge mystery, there's just so much fucking biased information out there because everyone's all WE WUZ and shit and this is why you shouldn't rely on wikipedia.

He would be even more wrong than he currently is.

>I'm not. literally read something that isn't wikipedia.

I've readen dozens of publications about the sea peoples and Bronze age Europe, stop assuming bullshit, you're only coming off as arrogant.

>I'm opening wiki articles though and even some of them reinforce what I'm saying about iberians and the mediterranean isles

They don't, learn to read.

> idk what you're all freaking out about

The fact that you make baseless claims and get triggered when people call you out on your bullshit, also, I still don't see a single argument for your outlandish theory.

>there's no better candidate for sea peoples than iberian descendants.

Anyone living in the Agean coasts is a better candidate than fucking Iberians since sea peoples are often associated with late Mycenean pottery and weapons

>do some research on megalithic sites in the mediterranean and stone/bronze age iberian culture

Megalithism is a phenomenon that took place over the course of centuries and it began MILLENIA before the sea peoples were ever mentioned, so I don't see what it has to do with this.

> like it's not even a huge mystery,

It actually is.

lol this

Slavs

It is generally assumed that the sea peoples and the Philistines are contemporaries if not the same people. Archaeological evidence in the levant show that they were wearing boar tusk helmets just like the greeks in homer, and the raiding started after the collapse of palace culture in Greece after a series of earthquakes, the second destruction layer at troy that ended their palace culture took place 12 years after that happened. feasible events:

1. Troy War 1: Mycenaean Fleet raids asia minor
2. Mycenaean fleet returns to greece, they are fucked from earthquakes
3. They go back out a roving
4. Troy war 2, attacks on palaces on Crete and Northern Egypt and Levant

That said there seemed to have been a general age of piracy during this era, and Sicilian/corsican/iberian raiders are not unlikely.

Philistines are listed among the sea peoples and other invading tribes.

They're named Peleset by the Egyptians which is absically the same name as the Greek Pelastoi/Pelasgoi

>read something that isn't wikipedia.

user, now it's time to spill those titles! give us some bibliography to confirm your creative theory about Iberian origins of the sea people

>Who were they?
The Sea people
>What were they?
People
>Where did they come from?
The Sea
>How come they could destryoed so many civillization at the end of bronxe age?
They didn't
>Were they the Khan Mongol at bronze age time?
No

Most actual version - it was Greek pirates, who invaded Egypt during its stage of fall (drought) and establish their power in coast (Alexandria).

Some were Semites though. I think the consensus is that it was a mix of ethnic groups.

I thought they were survivors from atlantis?

>Hey Stavros those other Greeks have a lot of money, lets raid them and steal their shit

>tfw you were hoping for a 2016 pdf source from a reputable journal showing iberian connections to the sea people
>tfw these expectations are let down again and again

Alexandria was 1000 later you dumb cuck

>exact timestamps of pre-Greek history
bullshit

>The Sea People though did inhabit at least one place and that is Israel, these would be the Philistines. To say they're the Mongol's of the bronze age is an overstatement.

Conjecture at best.

Retard