Do you partake in Veeky Forums discussions on other boards?

Do you partake in Veeky Forums discussions on other boards?
Which board do you feel has the most grasp on history?

Other urls found in this thread:

cspipublishing.com/statistical/charts/Islam-BattlesDate.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

/pol/ unironically

/pol/
Actually has a pretty good grasp on history

Reminder that this map gets seriously and unironically posted on /pol/ as if its factual evidence.

>Veeky Forums posters don't post shitty meme inforgraphic too

cspipublishing.com/statistical/charts/Islam-BattlesDate.pdf

Look at this shit though. This is a pirate hunting boat that ran ashore and was abandoned.
It was literally a sailing incident, and its listed as muslim conquest on the map.
Most of those "muslim conquest" labels are muslims rebelling against muslims, too, or regular imperialism.

With the amount of pure bullshit that goes into manufacturing one of their stab-in-the-back myth 'info'graphics you'll have a hard time convincing me.

>Do you partake in Veeky Forums discussions on other boards?
rarely

>Which board do you feel has the most grasp on history?
I've had good discussions on /int/ before Veeky Forums was created. Anything involving the Balkans is shit obviously but non-politicised topics were great. There used to be better archaeology threads there than I've ever seen on Veeky Forums. /pol/ is obviously unspeakably retarded and Veeky Forums is full of people who think they know things but don't.

nice meme

>Veeky Forums posters don't post shitty meme inforgraphic too
Those are crossposters. Know the difference.

Veeky Forums

>Only 1 crusade battle in Egypt
>None in Tunis

Sureeeee

i still remember in /int/ when we were often roleplaying in what year, now we don't get too often that since the focus of shitposting is into canadian

You see all those "muslim conquest" battles in Tunis, Algeria and Morocco?
They are the american navy going all the way to the Mediterranean to fight pirate ships.

>"muslim conquest"

Oddly enough, /v/, or /k/.

4 years ago, I'd have said /pol/, now I'd say /pol/ is on par with /tv/.

Veeky Forums is top-tier when it comes to military history, as is /k/ for quite recent things.

Yeah and I bet that some of the French and most of the Italian ones are pirate raids.

Truly, numidians were black people.

Do americans actually believe everyone from Africa is black?

>Do you partake in Veeky Forums discussions on other boards?
Rarely now that Veeky Forums is a thing.
>Which board do you feel has the most grasp on history?
Veeky Forums and /pol/, but they're both absolutely abysmal anyway. /pol/ is outrageously biased and Veeky Forums uses videogames and d&d for their sources (you think weapon threads here are cringeworthy? Wait until you see Veeky Forums's).
/int/ used to have some very decent Veeky Forums threads, but no more. All posters must have moved here.
/k/ appears to have a decent grasp of post 1850 history, but it's basically only war stuff and I'm not really qualified to judge. They shit the bed as soon as they move to war politics, nevermind anything further.

>you think weapon threads here are cringeworthy? Wait until you see Veeky Forums's

Except for the dude that has a phd in that kind of shit and talks about them regularly in them?

That dude posts here all the time too. And we here don't have all the "swords r heavy" fags, the battleaxe fags, etc. We're pretty bad, but not nearly that bad.

>And we here don't have all the "swords r heavy" fags, the battleaxe fags, etc.

I argued bitterly with two people who insisted axes for felling people are bigger and heavier than axes for felling trees.

I'm not saying they aren't biased, or aren't severely prone to revisionism

In both places they get shouted down, there's also the fact that some guys don't want historical correct shit on Veeky Forums and that's fine there too. Sometimes I like retarded axes aswell.

>someone drew this image
>and by the looks of the quality, they actually put a degree of effort into it
crine

Oy vey, the extreme right views are nothing at all like the extreme left views! Leftist extremists are annoying and evil, while rightwing extremists are rational and educated!!! Do not compare us!!!

>Veeky Forums is full of people who think they know things but don't.

/hisg/ generals were in Veeky Forums for years, with anons taking other anons book requests and using jstor and oxford bibliographies to get the best monographs and sources, and then providing pdfs and digital uploads. This place is shit.

>muh nazis
>muh dictators
>muh favorite generals
>muh race

There are some intelligent people here but the culture is bankrupt.

*slow claps*

*steps out of the shadows*

Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...

But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.

And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.

See you on the boards...

>99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails
I know that feel bro

who the fuck cares about this muh race bullshit?

/pol/ and the sjw

really makes you think

>"It's either them, or us!"
>What's not giving a fuck

Americans think mainly in terms of race.
For them all asian-american, black-american etc.. have the same culture even if they come from different countries
It's the same for geography, for them Africa=black people, Asia=yellow people, Europe= white people etc...
That's why there is so much we wuzing in the USA

/pol/tards are delusional, they think the whole world revolves around their little internet shit throwing contest with the SJW. They have a really hard time understanding that some people just don't give a fuck.

Not giving a fuck (about race, and thus treating the races equal) falls within the "them" or "the enemy" side of things for a /pol/ veteran.

So its easy to justify bunching you with the SJWs.