What makes Prussia so special? I don't really get it... is it because they won the frenchs? Their march songs...

What makes Prussia so special? I don't really get it... is it because they won the frenchs? Their march songs? Weren't they almost eliminated in the seven years war? Explain me pls.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colmar_Pocket
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A cynical explanation would probably be, that it is easier to be a prussiaboo than an outright Naziboo nowadays. Since Prussia in modern media and idea is linked very close to Nazism and has a reputation of being militaristic you can still somewhat be fond of the nazi ideas without openly being branded a nazi.

The more historical explanation would be:
From a small duchy in Brandenburg with relatively infertil soil, Prussia rose to be one of the main hubs of enlightenment and early modern science, the main contestor and victor of the struggle within the holy roman empire (the other contestant being the habsburgs who basically controlled the HRE for hundreds of years)
and the main driving force in the unification of the German empire, one of the most debated empires in the late 19th and early 20th century with three important wars being won in the process within 5 years, beating two well-established main powers (those being Austria and France)

Slavic genes.

This.

>It is not well known that barely a century ago, Prussia, with its then predominantly Slav population, was not considered a German state at all; though its kings, who as princes of Brandenburg were ‘Electors’ of the German Empire, were considered German princes. At the Congress of Vienna, Prussia was registered as a ‘Slav kingdom’; and in 1830 Hegel still spoke52 even of Brandenburg and Mecklenburg as being populated by ‘Germanized Slavs’.

Germanised Slavs united Germany. Also, it only shows that even people so peaceful as Western Slavs can become barbaric animals when they melt with Germanic culture.

Here are some reasons:
1- Great flag
2- Prussian blue looks better on a map than most other colours
3-Extremly attractive borders
4-Great marching songs
5-Rose to become a hegemon in just a few decades

Basically Preußen boos are similar to Wehraboos

> Prussia, with its then predominantly Slav population, was not considered a German state at all
Prussia was one of the mainly hit regions during the 30 year war with entire cities being either completely wiped out of losing more than half of their original population.
There are also quite a lot of instances where you have protestant refugee from South Germany and France being settled on Prussian soil. There is no way, they were just slavs.

Germans are not an ethnicity.

Their country is literally divided by Slavs, Celts and Nordics.

That does not go against my argument.

It was the quintessential modern militaristic State with a good leadership, and it saved the German entity from disappearing from History.

more like formed German identity in the first place

Saying they were literally Slavs is an exaggeration, but it can't be denied that a lot had Slavic ancestry.
You even have the -witz termination on many names.
After the war you mentioned many French protestants were also settled in the area and Berlin was basically a francophone city in the 18th century.

So Prussia is a Teutonic-Baltic-Polabian-Polish-French mix, even Dutch if you count in Cleve and Frisian for East Frisia.

>A cynical explanation would probably be, that it is easier to be a prussiaboo than an outright Naziboo nowadays

literally this

diet coke nazis

>So Prussia is a Teutonic-Baltic-Polabian-Polish-French mix, even Dutch if you count in Cleve and Frisian for East Frisia.
Yeah, that would probably be more fitting. Prussia didn't have either a uniting culture (having Munster, Kleve, Brandenburg, Prussia etc. under one banner) until Friedrich the great or even 1813 if you want. It was more a losely fitted empire of different ethnicites united under the Hohenzollern monarchy. Even many laws differed within the region due to high-powered local elites and geographical distances. Some reformes on certain fields were done or tried but it was just like the holy roman empire in general quite lose in many regards.

>more like formed German identity in the first place
A loose German identity can be seen even during Barbarossas time with the northern-alpine states seeing themselves as teutonic/German parts of the empire. With Luther somewhat standardising German language (only to a degree but making communication much easier across the lands) there already was a German idea before Prussia. Prussia managed to mainly unifying the German idea with heavy Prussian undertones though.

That was more of an accident. They didn't really want to unite Germany initially, just expand and secure their own territories.

I haven't read extensively about Prussia (I want to in the future), but what I like about their history is that it really is one of innovation and reform. From military reforms, to Frederick The Great's support of the arts and sciences, to the social reforms of Bismarck, it really just seems like Prussia was way ahead of its European contemporaries.

And as an aspiring bureaucrat, you can't really go wrong with liking Prussia. They are the model of a bureaucratic, but efficient administration.

An extensive book about Prussia would be the iron kingdom by Christopher Clark basically covering its history from the beginning to the end in 1945. Look it up, it's quite interesting.

Dank Uniforms, dank flag and a challenging position on the map

In a decree following the 1512 Diet of Cologne, the name was changed to Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation

The Germans knew they were Germans long before Prussia came along.

>Cool Flag
>Cool looking people (blond and red hair common)
>Cool music
>Cool language
>Cool uniforms
Pretty much this, user.

Britain started to support Prussia against Napoleon and later against Russia.

Im a PrussiaBoo myself. mainly do that im big in military history and for the longest time the Prussians were the military power. So much that some of there reforms still affect modern armies today.

>and for the longest time the Prussians were the military power

Not really
Only during the Seven Years War and from 1860 to 1870
Rest of the time they ranged from irrelevant to complete bitches

Francophile please go.

You ever watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes, OP?

The Galactic Empire was pretty much a 1:1 representation of what Prussia was like, in terms of aesthetics and culture.

Its the only time the Germans did something right

Prussianboos love to forget that Prussia once got conquered twice as quickly as France in 1940
They were the original surrender monkeys

That doesn't mean anything (and it's also full of shit because HRE controlled territories with other ethnicities).

That was their biggest mistake. From a nation of peace-loving freedom fighting poets and romantics they became evil assholes obsessed with military uniforms and orders.

Goethe would be disgusted by unified Germany.

It`s the most patrician anime out there

It's a shitty authoritarian propaganda.

Memes about their military excellence and discipline which is seen as directly linked to the Wehrmacht and thus indirectly linked to the Waffen-SS. That's literally it.

Most Prussiaboos probably ignore the Seven Years' War or Napoleonic Wars and unironically focus entirely on WWI and WWII.

But it makes him feel edgy, so let him.

Literally a tumor. It was almost destroyed during the Seven-Year War by the empress Elizabeth but dumb luck saved them.

Germans are a Volk though. And no, if English is your mothertongue, there's not much of a chance you could fully comprehend the meaning of that word.

>The Austrians are masters of Schweidnitz and the mountains, the Russians are behind the length of the Warthe from Kolberg to Posen...my every bale of hay, sack of money or batch of recruits only arriving by courtesy of the enemy or from his negligence. Austrians controlling the hills in Saxony, the Imperials the same in Thuringia, all our fortresses vulnerable in Silesia, in Pomerania, Stettin, Kustrin, even Berlin, at the mercy of the Russians.[5]
I think the devil helped them to survive. Just so they could bring more suffering to the world.

>muh volk
>muh heimat
>muh geist
I'm so glad Germs with their """""kultur""""" were completely destroyed by the "decadent" liberal Western World.

you can thank Napoleon for saving the German identity

Right on point with the decadent part. It's not destroyed though. Why else would the anglosphere act so hostile decades later.

they got conquered but defeated Nappy in 1813. Frogs got freedomed

Napoleon basically created German nationalism.

>but defeated Nappy in 1813

Yeah, they helped a little after having been liberated by the Russians
It's on the same level as this one for WW2 France
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colmar_Pocket

>authoritarian propaganda
I wouldn't go that far: the empire was a complete shitshow right up until Reinhardt and co. were in power. A monarchy is only as capable as the monarch after all, and ones who are competent, prioritize the nation and its' citizens over themselves, and listen to their subordinates are very few and far between.
The writer also seems to try and create subtle allegories criticizing Imperial Japan in places, mostly in the FPA (such as the PKC/Japanese nationalist groups, and Commodore Fork's retarded plan/Pearl Harbor).

Why is it impossible for me to like the latter and not care about the former? The Nazis were shit and are directly responsible for Prussia being wiped away. The junkers of the Hindenburg era were overall shit but that doesn't invalidate the heights Prussia achieved culturally, militarily and as a state despite all of its disadvantages thanks to basically competent at worse leadership throughout most of its existence.