The Romans had neither coffee nor chocolate

>the Romans had neither coffee nor chocolate

How did they survive, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-baking-ingredients-100-cacao-unsweetened-chocolate-premium-baking-bar_f-ZmlkPTIwMDYzMA.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_beer#Early_beers
press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/distributed/S/bo3535915.html
link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s003340200039
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cut down on sugar.
You'll feel better.

by not being addicted?
Also, sleeping during the night time, how humans are supposed to.

neither coffee nor chocolate have sugar in them

Go to your kitchen, grab any chocolate and read the content. Tell me how much sugar it consists of.

coffee is a meme drug anyway I literally never feel anything from it

Cocoa beans != chocolate. Of course chocolate has sugar in it, you dumb shit.

gladiatorial games, boy pussy, conquest, orgies, feasting, the gym, assassinating emperors, anything to stave off the boredom

Checkmate, atheists.

Oh, and this stuff goes great with black coffee.

The Romans used lead acetate as a sweetener. No wonder their brains were addled, what with that as well as the lead in the water pipes.

gay man boy love
>people still worship the Romans when they were sodomizing children

They had cannabis which they rather enjoyed.

The back, where the nutrition breakdown should be

>calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-baking-ingredients-100-cacao-unsweetened-chocolate-premium-baking-bar_f-ZmlkPTIwMDYzMA.html

>Sugars
>0g

Damn, i gotta get me some of that.

damn your such a badass....

i agee with this guy i have never felt anything from coffee

Wine?

>Rome

they didn't have sugar either

if this is true the only explanation would be your body doesn't respond to adrenaline/caffeine the way it should, maybe you have ADHD or something

>How did they survive, Veeky Forums?
By being the kind of miserable autistic manlets who enjoys going to the arena to watch untried "criminals" suffer gruesome, violent deaths. One of the bestiarii, Carpophorus, was infamous for his ability to train horses to actually rape their victims in front of the entire crowd (which requires seriously mindfucking the horse)

Best health choice I ever made. Now instead of coffee every morning I have a smoothie which is orange-juice based and includes ginger, flax seeds, spinach,a random assortment of fruit, a scoop of unsweetened yogurt for protein, plus a superfood packet which has me starting every day with a burst of healthy nutrients rather than a shitload of caffeine and sugar. Not only do I feel great and have more energy throughout the day (without a crash) but the additional fiber in my diet makes shitting a literal pleasure.

They had slaves they were allowed to fuck.

Posca, orgies and lead-flavored wine

only fucking anglo retards worship roman faggot cucks.

Healthier?

>Best health choice I ever made. Now instead of coffee every morning I have a smoothie which is orange-juice based and

>Cutting down on sugar

>Orange juice instead of coffee

First of all, what kind of fucking pleb puts sugar in his coffee? Has /pol/ convinced you taking your coffee black will somehow make you less of a man?

Second of all, orange juice is pretty much sugar water fortified with vitamin C.

You went from a drink which ought to have no sugar in it if you have any sort of taste, to sugar-filled hippy feed.

> I have a smoothie which is orange-juice based and includes ginger, flax seeds, spinach,a random assortment of fruit, a scoop of unsweetened yogurt for protein, plus a superfood packet which has me starting every day with a burst of healthy nutrients rather than a shitload of caffeine and sugar
That smoothie has a shitload of sugar in it you plum
>superfood
kys

Primarily they got it from the east, so while it was enjoyed in Rome, it was probably mostly limited to Greece, Egypt, and Anatolia.

>First of all, what kind of fucking pleb puts sugar in his coffee?
Ohhhhhh such a patrician drinking black coffee. I bet all the females are fighting over themselves just for the chance to gargle your nuts
>,You went from a drink which ought to have no sugar in it if you have any sort of taste
Well like a huge portion of the coffee drinking world I added sugar to mine because I'm not a filthy black coffee drinking mongoloid who hates flavor. Switching to the healthier option significantly cut down on my sugar intake and the sugars I was getting were from nutritious sources.
> sugar-filled hippy feed.
t. quadruple bypass surgery patient.
>That smoothie has a shitload of sugar in it you plum
It was still a significant step down in sugar intake for me, and its coming from healthy sources rather than empty calories.
>kys
you first, fattiecakes, if the heart attack doesn't do the job, first

>Posca was a popular drink in ancient Rome and Greece, made by mixing sour wine or vinegar with water and flavouring herbs. It originated in Greece as a medicinal mixture but became an everyday drink for the Roman army and the lower classes from around the 2nd century BC, continuing to be used throughout Roman history and into the Byzantine period. It was not usually drunk by the upper classes and was associated with the peasants. It was made by reusing wine spoiled by faulty storage and had important dietary advantages. As well as being a source of liquid, it provided calories and was an antiscorbutic, helping to prevent scurvy by providing vitamin C. Its acidity killed harmful bacteria and the flavouring helped to overcome the bad taste of local water supplies.[1]

Fucktons of wine and decadent festivals past the Republic.

You literally drink sugared faggot juice. And yes, coffee is supposed to be drank black. It's not a dessert.

(unless you put some Bailey's in it)

>coffee is a meme drug anyway I literally never feel anything from it

Coffee is expensive, makes me anxious, and makes me shit too much.

Green tea is cheap, has no calories, and has just as much caffeine as coffee (but without the anxiety).

>to watch untried "criminals" suffer gruesome, violent deaths.

you do know gladiatorial combat wasn't meant to be lethal right?

gladiators were expensive. Fights were more like boxing, with some getting fucked up every so often being an unfortunate accident.

i have a lot of problems to shit so coffee is great for me

also i'm always some level of stressed and restless so coffee is alright for me.

when i really feel like being self destructive i get the energy drinks out.

Haven't you ever heard of moderation? A chocolate bar a day isn't going to make you fat

stop being such a preachy faggot, no one cares how healthy you think your diet is.

i like neither

i just eat olives until i get hypertension

am i a roman?

I meant the scene in the TV series in which Octavia is shown smoking it. No one smoked cannabis until after the discovery of tobacco in the Americas. Scythian smoke tents and Chinese incense burners don't count.
If they did use it it was probably through the Indian method of Bhang, as a cooking spice, or in medicinal usage.

you need more wine, beer, fish and TRVE ROMAN BREAD for that.

"Here is a parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised. In it are rivers of water, incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, delicious to those who drink; and rivers of honey, pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits and forgiveness from their Lord [Can those in such bliss] be compared to such as will dwell forever in the Fire and be given boiling water to drink that will cut up their bowels?"
[Muhammad, 47: 15]

>Roman
>Beer

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_beer#Early_beers

>Cannabis smoking was common in the Middle East before the arrival of tobacco, and was early on a common social activity that centered around the type of water pipe called a hookah. Smoking, especially after the introduction of tobacco, was an essential component of Muslim society and culture and became integrated with important traditions such as weddings, funerals and was expressed in architecture, clothing, literature and poetry.[6]

>Best health choice I ever made. Now instead of coffee every morning I have a smoothie which is orange-juice based and includes ginger, flax seeds, spinach,a random assortment of fruit, a scoop of unsweetened yogurt for protein, plus a superfood packet which has me starting every day with a burst of healthy nutrients rather than a shitload of caffeine and sugar. Not only do I feel great and have more energy throughout the day (without a crash) but the additional fiber in my diet makes shitting a literal pleasure.
All you are doing is adding more sugars, simple and complex sugars into your breakfast. Even without coffee as a stimulant, you still had enough sugar to have energy and the complex sugars just take longer to break down, making you feel energetic for longer.

does white cider count?

>pseudohistory writers cashing in on the cannabis craze
>Elsewhere in actual historical studies
Hookahs are said to have originated in the Mughal or Safavid empires.

press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/distributed/S/bo3535915.html

they didn't just have gladiators fight in the arena, they would execute the condemned via animals. Or they would have the gladiators fight the untrained and kill them

Found the wikipedia article where you pasted that from. Literally one sentence in the book's introduction before going on to talk about the earliest reference to tobacco. Still no conclusive evidence of Romans smoking it.

Smoked? no

the Romans cultivated hemp and chewed on cannabis seeds to ward off nocturnal emissions (as per galen de victu attenuante)

link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s003340200039

The Scythians, on the other hand...

so Scythians were the dude weed lmao civilization of old?

Pretty soon we are going to lose those things, ecological Armageddon and what not. Crops that depend on complex systems will be the first ones to go, especially trees and insect pollinated species.
Cacao is estimated to be functionally extinct as early as 2050

They supplemented by sex slaves

All these words, yet they mean nothing

t. Judean Insurgent in desperate need of a carpentry lesson.

Fish sauce

And they had bestiality shows

nah kush is

The Aztecs didn't have wheels, how did they survive?

>Well like a huge portion of the coffee drinking world I added sugar to mine because I'm not a filthy black coffee drinking mongoloid who hates flavor.
>thinks sugar adds flavor
>doesn't realize sugar masks the flavor nodes of coffee

Oh, I'm going off potteries that have hemp residue inside.

They didn't.

you faggot are you actually being contrarian about fucking coffee

Wheels aren't need for transportation or sustenance.

They had llamas.

They had log rollers.

>Jorgensen, who is doing a two-year research fellowship in Germany, grew up “in a devout Mormon household, in a small, devout Mormon town,” where his neighbors and church leaders viewed “drinking a Coca-Cola as so close to drinking coffee that it made your worthiness ... questionable.”

The Aztecs along with all other American societies and """civilizations""" were a bunch of fucking savages barely 1 step above sub Saharan niggers.

I fucking hate the revisionist history surrounding those subhumans. They were not a great civilisation and it was good they got wiped out.

I never drink coffee and rarely eat chocolate.
I do, however, eat a good amount of cheese and fruits.

/pol/

You have to go back.

>One of the bestiarii, Carpophorus, was infamous for his ability to train horses to actually rape their victims in front of the entire crowd
brb, time machine

>ywn work for the roman emperor as an ambassador
>ywn go down to nubia and explore into ethiopia into axum
>ywn be the first white to taste coffee
>ywn bring it back to rome and become rich as fuck owning coffee plantations in tunisia and libya
>ywn be swimming in tight roman slave pussy while drowning in dinerii

Feels extremely bad man

Aztecs and Maya where pretty damned advanced in context, and if they where given the time to adjust to europeans coming we would probably have an Aztec and a Maya nation (as long as the Aztec adopted a writing system that is, Mayans already had that)

They all had a complex government
Infrastructure to a point
Building techniques good enough to make giant stone structures
Agricultural techniques large enough to sustain huge cities
And in the mayas case writing

What an odd fantasy to have.

I have many more. This one is the least degenerate

>drinking coffee for the caffeine
>not for the taste
I bet you pour sugar in it too, if you wanna get a rush just drink redbull you big pleb

They had all kinds of degenrate sex all the time.

You'd be willing to put down the chocolate for that.

To bad you will burn in hell for all of eternity unless you repent and take Jesus as your lord and savior.

Jesus still loves you, I will pray for you.

They didn't

What is the fall of Rome

For some reason, coffee makes me anxious, but energy drinks don't. I think I've drank so much Red Bull over the years that I've developed a tolerance for it.

>Also, sleeping during the night time, how humans are supposed to.
lol no

The Romans had a hardon for bread. They would get angry if their bread were taken from them, and Caesar in his commentaries said that when his soldiers had to switch from bread to meat and vegetables because they ran out of grains, they started to complain.

I haven't had coffee in over 15 years and I don't miss it, what's so fantastic about it?

it's good for the brain and liver.

New Veeky Forums meme material right here.