What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Donelson
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Northern Generals were pussies until Grant and Sherman

No no no, there's pussys -- your Meades and to an extent, Hooker --, and then there's one of the most delusional sons of bitches to hold that level of power in American history. Writing to his wife endless letters along the lines of

>muh, muh troops are outnumbered
>muh president is jealous hillbilly

Fuck little McClellan

You say until as if Grant wasn't in the fight from the outset...

Every general was a pussy.

He was also very popular among the soldiers. Classically speaking, wars are won by morale. Mclellan and ilk are replaced when it was clear the North wasn't going to win on that basis.

but he wasn't in McClellans position from the outset though

wrong

Still whipping Confederates from the outset though.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Donelson

A little appreciated fact: he was one of the youngest commander-in-chiefs in history. 34 when he got the position.

you're dumb

true but it didn't have much bearing on McNutless' incompetence

a well known fact: he was too much of a pussy to chase down shoeless 13 year old boys and give em the yankee spankee

>le warcrimes man
Kill yourself.

He had a bad habit of believing pessimistically wrong intelligence reports.

Name one that wasn't sipping tea, sporting fresh clean uniforms daily, heated tents, enough food to never feel the pains of hunger.

There's a reason why there were so many mutinies. Soldiers always endure the harshest shit. Generals were hanging out in the back wearing a snuggy and sipping hot tea getting blown and rimmed. They even had horses to do their walking for them. Those lazy fucks.

funny you should say that. the casualty rate among civil war generals was around 50 percent.

his letters really made him out to be a little bitch

SEND MOAR MEN YE GODS ALL THE NOTHING THAT IS HAPPENING YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO RUN SHIT NOW I SHALL OPPOSE YOU IN THE ELEGTION :DDD

Based fucking Sherman. Get fucked.

In truth there ought to have been a bit more rape about, to stamp out all possibility of pride once and for all. The region is still too prideful for my tastes.

everyone could always stand to see a little more rape as far as im concerned

north and south alike

>boo hoo he killed muh innocent southern gentlemen
Confedcuck spotted

Reminder that when McClellan inflicted roughly even losses on Lee at Antietam and failed to destroy his army despite having 2-1 numerical superiority and having literally captured the Confederate battle plan the day before, he wrote this to his wife:

>"Those in whose judgment I rely tell me that I fought the battle splendidly & that it was a masterpiece of art... I feel I have done all that can be asked in twice saving the country. I feel some little pride in having, with a beaten & demoralized army, defeated Lee so utterly... Well, one of these days history will I trust do me justice."

The man was utterly delusional.