What year did everything go to shit?

the year of your birth

2001 wasn't even that significant.

>muh 9/11
Will be considered a completely irrelevant event 100 years from now.

It's completely true.

The fact that MENA has been in a state of bloodshed for the last 15 years can be directly attributed to actions America took after 9/11, you're a fucking chucklefuck

1 A.D.

This.

wew lad

MENA has been in a state of bloodshed pretty much since WW2 you stupid cuck. Was Iraq-Iran war caused by 9/11? The Arab-Israeli conflicts? Soviet war in Afghanistan? All the fucking coups and revolutions (there are literally dozens)?

And fact of the matter is, the US would invade Iraq even without 9/11. They were already gearing up to do it during the Clinton administration.

You're wrong and you're dumb

Back to /pol/!

when bush junior took power

not an argument

You should be literally permabanned, you offer absolutely nothing to the debate.

Wtf is there to argue?

Hurrr people fought wars in the middle East before therefore the American response to 9/11 and PNAC and Arab spring is irrelevant.

America would have invaded Iraq anyway my father who works at Nintendo told me.

Idiotic.

1792 was when liberalism started gaining major momentum as an ideology

1914 was when the world could've still redeemed itself and everything would've turned out fine but the wrong side prevailed in the Great War

1939 was villain on villain

Middle East has been in a continuous state of war for almost a century now, saying one random event that caused one or two more wars is some kind of historical moment is fucking retarded.

>father who works at Nintendo told me
Something tells me you're probably not old enough to remember Desert Fox operation.

WWI but only because it led to WWII which established American global hegemony

It didn't.

1979. Volcker+Thatcher was when the neoliberal offensive really got going.

As soon as agriculture was invented, it all went downhill from there.

For me 2006/8

about tree fiddy

>Something tells me you're probably not old enough to remember Desert Fox operation.
I'm not that guy but I know I'm definitely not old enough to know about it.

>rather have russia/china
K den

9/11 was massively significant.

It ended the end of history period, was the trigger for a huge investment of western resources and poisoned American Arab relations at a time when they were just beginning to heal.

The 90s and 00's were the time when the US was the ONLY world superpower, and with the a huge amount of global goodwill and strong allies. Then was the time to boost the USA, push their agenda and invest in infrastructure and resources for the future. But all that money was pumped into the ME, both for the cost of the deployments and for farce that was the rebuilding efforts.

Now China and Russia are both on the rise, and the US population is jaded and divided, the US's European allies are bickering amongst each other and dealing with the instability from the ME (which was inevitable, but hastened by the belief the western governments had in Regime change).

Basically, 9/11 distracted the US from building the foundation for the 21st century, got it bogged down in a quagmire and made it next to impossible for a western politician to get their population agree to any major military action. Look at the UK commons revolt over Syria - a minor action but it shows just how badly the western political establishment poisoned the publics good will.

9/11's biggest effect was not the war, or the dead, it was that it signalled the end of the westerner's ability to trust their own government.

Whatever year the big bang was

Correct answer. The world has basically been a shit storm that hasn't stopped since 1914.

>desert fox
You mean desert storm?
Because desert fox was someone else

Baby Boomers ruined everything.

>the end of the westerner's ability to trust their own government.
underage detected. look up "watergate"

>russia
Lmao what?

y2k

ironically 1998-1999 was the best years ever

objectively the 60s for the west at least. Rise of the hippies and new left, flooding in of third world immigrants begins, people start to become more cynical about their corrupt leaders, shitty fucked up mess with the fall of colonialism, cold war reaches its worst point in terms of heighten tensions and everyone starts acting like assholes, and pretty much everyone gets assassinated.

Worse than either world wars? Fuck no you chucklefuck, either world war was demonstratively worse for the West.

2007-2008, the year everyone truly started going online, and the age of identity politics came to fore, and the Recession started

Also I can't kick the feeling that we are still living on borrowed time and that a greater bust is waiting, built up of the shit we didn't resolve and simply paid forward

Try harder ol' Newsides. The people have never trusted their government. Not during Vietnam and Korea. Not during the ludlow massacre and union busting of the early 20th. Not during the civil war- mutinies and deserters on both sides. Not during the boston tea party, the boston massacre, nor the subsequent dec of indy. They didn't trust the government back when the colonies were getting fucked over with tobacco trade. And distrust and disgust with government is arguably what lead to the first "pilgramages" the the americas.

The year zero

Christianity destroyed the world

for me at least this is actually true.
those were the only two fucking years i remember as being truly happy - 1st and 2nd grade...

I would rather have a healthy balance of power

peace of westaphaliac penis

NO U

dumbasses

the fire's been burning since the world has been turning