What tribes/nations/empires were the worst human rights abusers in history?

What tribes/nations/empires were the worst human rights abusers in history?

Is it true the cruelty of the Mongols made the Nazis look like sentimental pussies?

Other urls found in this thread:

britannica.com/topic/Ustasa
almissa.com/povijesnitrenutak/jama.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Assyrians were the very first cruel empire and arguably worse than mongols.

Communist regimes of the USSR, PRC, DPRK.

This, Nazi Germany, the Khmer Rouge and 90s Yugoslavia. It was the 20th century, they should've known better.

I'd say almost any totalitarian regime in the 20th century.

>human rights

That's going to mean different things in different eras and to different peoples. For example the Mongols, despite the bloodshed, were purported to be very tolerant of religion.

this

“I cut their throats like lambs. I cut off their precious lives (as one cuts) a string. Like the many waters of a storm, I made (the contents of) their gullets and entrails run down upon the wide earth. My prancing steeds harnessed for my riding, plunged into the streams of their blood as (into) a river. The wheels of my war chariot, which brings low the wicked and the evil, were bespattered with blood and filth. With the bodies of their warriors I filled the plain, like grass. (Their) testicles I cut off, and tore out their privates like the seeds of cucumbers.” - Sennacherib

“The sepulchers of their earlier and later kings, who did not fear Assur and Ishtar, my lords, (and who) had plagued the kings, my fathers, I destroyed, I devastated, I exposed to the sun. Their bones (members) I carried off to Assyria. I laid restlessness upon their shades. I deprived them of food-offerings and libations of water.” - Ashurbanipal describing the desecration of the tombs of the kings of a land he conquered

“I flayed as many nobles as had rebelled against me [and] draped their skins over the pile [of corpses]; some I spread out within the pile, some I erected on stakes upon the pile … I flayed many right through my land [and] draped their skins over the walls.” - Ashurnasirpal

The truly cruel invention was mass produced torture. Nothing colder than a mechanised institute of terror. Much more inhumane than swords.

What the Japanese did in China has always stood out in my mind as the evilest shit I've ever read about. Putting a hose up peoples assholes bloating their stomachs with water and then jumping on their stomachs with wooden sandals all for the sake of Science.

Trump's America

Jesus that's hardcore

>treat the entire fertile crescent worse than shit
>they all unite to wreck you
>battle indecisive

Mahdist Sudan. I don't think anyone can beat them for sheer numbers relative to size of the population. If you weren't killed in the regime's constant wars with literally all of its neighbors and several internal factions, there's a good chance you were chronically overtaxed, enslaved, imprisoned for trivial reasons, or dying of famine or disease because the overtaxation + constant wars + straight up incompetence caused several failed harvests. Or you were genocided for being Christian. In the 18 years of the regime, Sudan's population dropped from 7 million to 2.5 million, a population reduction of 2/3.

Besides them, Nazi Germany for its partially implemented plan to kill 80% of Eastern Europe, and the Khmer Rouge for genociding 25% of Cambodia in a self-destructive rage.

All of those ancient Empires in the fertile crescent were down with some shit that would give anyone nightmares.

Literally biblical.

Imperial Japan

Asians.

>randomly browsing Wikipedia for wicked shit
>reading up on how Zhang Xianzhong used piles of women's feel as "heavenly candles"
>read up on the grim fate of Concubine Qi
>flip through Category:Torture_victims
>recognize the name of my Bishop

lol small world

assyrians don't count, they were created by god to punish the jews

>>read up on the grim fate of Concubine Qi

-She then had Concubine Qi's limbs chopped off, blinded her by gouging out her eyes, cut off her tongue and locked her in the latrine, and called her a "Human Swine" (人彘). Several days after, Emperor Hui saw the "Human Swine", and after realising that it who the "Human Swine" was, the emperor was so sick of his mother's cruelty that he virtually relinquished his authority and indulged in carnal pleasures.

Fucking hell

Now IIII've had the kek of my liiiife!

There's no such thing as human rights you cuck.

The only "right" you have is to fight for your miserable life and if you fail you die.

dem edges

>""""rights""""
>mfw

Well you know what I meant. The worst group that has done the worst things to people.

If something breaks down along with your society then it cannot be an intrinsic part of the human condition.

A more correct term would be civic right.

Although even those are questionable for they're only talked about and held in high regard in times of prosperity. If shit ever hit the fan they'd quickly evaporate.

I don't see the nazis dumping melted fucking gold down your throat.

That's not how Jimmy over there put it.

>let's apply modern morals to historic cultures

Can we not

Why not? I'm curious to know by Veeky Forums posters standards what groups have caused the worst atrocities?

Ancient China had zero humanity.

>Slicing torture took cruelty and inhumanity to levels hard to surpass. The point was as much to humiliate as to inflict insufferable pain. The victim, whether male or female, was first tied up and stripped naked on the execution ground, which was usually thronged with excited onlookers.
>The executioner then started to slice off the victim’s flesh with small, sharp knives. There was a certain order in which the body parts would be mutilated, starting with the breasts, followed by the genitals, then the rest of the body. After being removed, the pieces were lined up on a table for display.
>Different numbers of cuts were required before death for different victims, with various levels of severity. During the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), the number of cuts even ran up to more than 3,000 in some cases. It would take many hours, or even a couple of days, for the victim to die. If death happened prematurely before the executioner had administered the targeted cuts, he would also be punished.

This makes the Mexican cartels seem like amateurs 2bh

Aztecs and Mongols

>There were two ways to flay someone alive, one by knives, the other by mercury.
>The other alleged method was to bury the victim vertically in the ground, leaving out only his head. The torturer would make two cuts in the shape of a cross on the exposed crown and peel off the scalp along the wound. Then he poured mercury down the opening. The liquid seeped between the skin and the flesh, separating them in the process by virtue of its weight. The victim, meanwhile, was wriggling inside the dirt out of extreme pain, looking desperately for a way out. Finally, the agony compelled him to slip out of the hole, leaving the entire set of his skin behind…

>made the Nazis look like sentimental pussies

>To make their state more purely Croatian, the ustaše set about exterminating its Serb, Jewish, and Gypsy inhabitants with a brutality that shocked even the Germans and occasionally obliged the Italians to intervene.

britannica.com/topic/Ustasa

Weren't Croatians the ones with the fixed wristblade for easy slicing of throats? I remember seeing pictures of them.

>Mum's a psychopath
>Better relinquish all my authority

Why are so many ancient leaders /r9k/

almissa.com/povijesnitrenutak/jama.htm
Read the poem.
Also
>On the night of August 29, 1942, the prison guards started making bets over who could kill the most inmates. Petar Brzica, one of the guards, reportedly cut the throats of 1,360 prisoners with a butcher knife.

>Aztecs
why though?
They were pretty violent but that's how they they were with themselves.

Just imagine if you considered the lives of animals and plants, every being equal to a human. They couldn't just ignore the fact that everyday they were the reason a bird would not sing anymore, never.
They were in debt with the world, the gods and all of those who they took with themselves for living, but facing everyday life wasn't enough for them to repay the songs of all the birds gone, therefore they gave back their lives in the same way they took it, struggle and blood.
You would expect Aztecs warriors to be the most sadistic people to have existed, but in fact most of them dedicated their free time to poetry. Here's one that might give a closer understanding of what war meant to them (...)

>Alas, my friend, I was afflicted, I cried aloud on thy account to God. How much compassion hast thou for thy servant in this world sent here by thee to be thy subject for the space of a day on this earth!

>However that may be, mayst thou so dispose my heart, that it may pass through this place of reckoning, without anger, without injury, and live a good life on earth.

>My heart knows how truly I weep for my friend, how truly as it lives on earth it cries aloud for thee, my friend, to God,

>Let thy soul awake and turn toward the south,
toward the rising of the sun, rouse thy heart that it turn toward the field of battle, there let it win power and fame, the noble flowers which it will not grasp in vain ; adorned with a frontlet of quetzal feathers I went forth armed with sword and shield to the battlefield on earth, that I might merit these noble flowers with which we may rejoice as we wish our friends, as the Cause of All may reward and grant to us.

>Vainly, O friends, do we desire and seek where we may cull those noble flowers unless we fight with bared breasts, with the sweat of the brow, meriting these noble flowers, in bitter and painful war, for which the Cause of All will give reward.