Common sense thread

1.ETH is going to be your best bet. You can consider this coin to be the Google or Amazon of the dot.com bubble. I call it a dot.com bubble because there are too many shitcoins (with no real uses) coming out that will be wiped out with a small market correction. Sure you will not make 10x gains in a day but long term it has potential to double and triple.

2. Research the coins. DO NOT rely on biz and twitter shills. They will spread fake news. Visit the websites of the actual coins and find out about them.

3. If it has a meme girl attached to it (DGB girl, moon girl, ect) it's a trap user. If it looks like a fidget spinner (Ripple) do not buy it.

4. Nobody has an idea of when "The Crash" will happen (News regarding China in June looks big). Bitcoin has "collapsed" multiple times in the few past years but has climbed to new highs each time.

5. Bitcoin is the gold standard of the crypto market. If you want to buy any coins you will have to start with buying some bitcoin to get in. If bitcoin goes down a significant amount expect the whole market to follow.The only exception looks to be ETH. This coin has potential to become its very own pillar next to bitcoin.

6. Bump this thread if you want real discussions as shills will try to bury these threads to continue spamming their pump and dump coins.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.bitcoin.com/regulations-chinese-bitcoin-exchanges-expected-june-withdrawals-follow/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
google.com.au/search?q=chinese capital flight bitcoin
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeah eth is a fine investment, but you're not going to get rich off it at this point. daytrading memecoins on the other hand...

itt: cleverly disguised eth shill

buy MOON

I'm taking my scholarship money ($3500) and dumping it into ETH. I don't think it will replace btc in the near future, but the industry support gives it massive upside. If crypto use is going to be widespread as a currency instead of an investment, there can be only a few winners in the long-term.

jokes on you, already tripled my invested thanks to mooncoin, made the average persons salary in a matter of days.

im still gonna hold until the weekend, though.

Sell in early June, buy back in mid June when China crashes the price

ETH will probably take a hit from this too since almost everything trades in BTC, right?

this is solid advice

What is happening regarding China in June?

China likely lifting their ban on trading for cryptocurrencies sometime in June, and a whole bunch of people are gonna be in on the market who have been unable to sell prior to then

Meme coins are memes for a reason .
How am I shill. Take a look at the top coins. The only ones with significant market values are bitcoin, ETH, and XRP. If you know anything XRP you would know something like 60-80% is held by banks and initial investors defeating the purpose of crypto currencies.
A significant dip on bitcoin will have an effect on all coins but ETH looks like the best option of holding out this "crash".

eth is a safe bet until the flippening, and probably beyond that

I'll hold off on my major investment until after a verdict comes on that issue. What's the source on this info? or is it a rumor

>Now that BTC and ETH have distanced everyone let me tell you that BTC and ETH are the best ones

Wow. Thanks for the hindsight, OP.

No one is shilling ETH at this point. It's literally changed the game. You can't shill the kind of money needed to make this thing go up.

So much this OP.

Also read the whitepaper / yellowpaper for every coin if you want to invest. Even if it doesn't make complete sense (it won't, ethereum yellow paper is grad level math) it will help you make a better decision.

would like to know source as well?

>Also read the whitepaper / yellowpaper for every coin if you want to invest. Even if it doesn't make complete sense (it won't, ethereum yellow paper is grad level math) it will help you make a better decision.

Now THIS is good advice.

news.bitcoin.com/regulations-chinese-bitcoin-exchanges-expected-june-withdrawals-follow/

It's a rumor, but expected to happen regardless

>hurr don't buy Veeky Forums shitcoins

so long as you aren't a complete retard and get in early enough, coins shilled on Veeky Forums are safe money

You are right about that. Thing is you need to first get into coins with a future and then play around.

>Pic related just happened to DGB

>Nobody has an idea of when "The Crash" will happen (News regarding China in June looks big)

explain? i thought june was good because of the metropolis launch for eth?

Bump for truth.

day-trading meme shitcoins turned my 300€ into 800€. Going long on ETH made me about 5k € on top of that in half the time.

>people still don't know about leverage and margin
>people buy and hold ETH and wait on gains, try to sell at "peaks" and catch "dips"
I used to do this too but its not worth it. It would have doubled my money had I just held, which would have been nice, but I would be far under 5k€. Instead I leveraged from the start and kept reinvesting my equity from the open position(essentially unrealized profit) to open more positions. Sadly I'm at 10k€ allowance cap atm on kraken and need tier 3 verification to get up to 100k€ which will be a bitch to go trough.

ETH is the safest coin out there atm, and only good things going for it. It will keep going up. I somewhat regret closing my starting positions but I had 10k€ worth of positions opened and 750€ of actual cash, so I went the safe route.

Seriously, LEVERAGE the shit out of ETH and just sit tight and be patient. Pic related.

>ETH is the safest coin out there atm
>and only good things going for it.

you must be fucking brain damaged

>check date of post
>check ETH price at that time
>check ETH price now
>?????
>profit
I'm laughing my way to the bank.

Am I dumb for holding ETH:BTC at 10:1? Kinda FOMOing on BTC right now.

Can someone put this in a context that a retard can understand? Thanks.

ETH is a jew scam, just wait for that special day.

>I call it a dot.com bubble because there are too many shitcoins (with no real uses)
>(with no real uses)

Nail on the mother fucking head

So is it worth converting btc back to fiat for a little while until the price has finished dropping (depending on this news regarding china).

You misspells ripple and other premine coin

Basically, virtual machines are very hard to implement. Even if you limit the instruction set to a small subset of the typical CPU with simple loops and mathematical operations, exploits can still often be found through the little hacks patching it all together, and everything becomes messy with all kinds of shit mixed in

That being said, good luck tacking ETH's features onto BTC. It won't work.

Got it. Thanks.

>leverage and margin
Could you redpill me on that ? Is it like a loan or something where I pay half of my profts ? Can I do that on bittrex ?

i'm in 9ETH:1BTC

the dippening happened and i'm literally at even right now

not a worry in the world

>2. Research the coins

im having trouble finding the usefulness of this

i checked a coins website and its in the utter shit and has been going down steadily yet they have a calendar unlike the popular coins with actually future dates unlike other coins

To put it as simply as possible, it's an advance from the exchange that is covered by funds on your account. You don't pay any % of profits or anything, only fees.

the TL;DR version is that you essentially magnify your gains and losses on your investment. If I have 10€ I can cover a 50€ advance for lets say 5 random shitcoins opened at 10€ a piece (opening cost of 50€). If these shitcoins fall in price to 8€ a piece then the total worth of my position is 40€. Since I only have 10€ on my account the exchange takes my 10€ and closes my position for 40€ to recoup their loss(and get their 50€ back). I'm broke and I go home. If the shitcoin moons to 100€ and I close my position I get 500€ minus the opening cost (advance from the exchange) of 50€ in total coming to 450€ profit plus the 10€ you started with.

Compare this with just buying 1 shitcoin for 10€, it moons to 100€ and you get 90€ profit. However this is the safer route as it can fall in value as much as it wants and you always have at least that 1 random shitcoin instead of losing all your 10€.

How far away are we from businesses accepting ETH as payment in even a hipster Austin, TX coffee shop sort of way?

check how the coin is mine
dev background
coin feature/future not just pump and dump

that say, you can get good money on scam coin, if you early enough

That's a nice strategy. As long as you avoid any DAO hacks, and never get margin called.

Yeah, it's riskier ofc, but no guts no glory. I made enough gains and allowance limit stops me at 10k € so that I'm pretty safe at this point unless the entire thing pops

decade or more

ETH is nothing more than a ponzi. It makes me sad that so few people understand this.

That goes for every buttcoin out there.

Let's assume you made, say, 10k. Where do you think those 10k come from?

Crypto trading is just an elaborate game of who's last to hold the hot potato.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory

That's true for all coins except Bitcoin.

I honestly fail to see why

Because Bitcoin is already established and it has limited supply.

It will have ups and downs but it will always maintain it's value if only as a black market currency.

You're never going to wake up one day and find bitcoin is worth 0 dollars.

When BTC goes up, buy alts. When alts go up, buy btc. Easy. Just don't day trade and don't listen to biz for every coin they shill. Hold

number one reason why bitcoin may see insane price increase in the future is the fact that its decentralized censor-free store of value

you cannot just clone bitcoin and except it to have the same attributes

*expect

>ponzi

but ETH has a value proposition besides being a currency "other than fiat".

there are already plenty of industrial backers who believe in it enough, to put some R&D resources into it.

the question is whether people believe in crypto currencies strong enough for more than 6 months. the idea of a scaling and de-centralised currency is powerful and useful!

the only thing that's missing is some regulation and government support.

the massive volatility we're seeing right now is due to tiny liquidity and influx of new cash.

also, if you're betting on crypto currencies with more than 10% of your net-worth, you're borderline retarded and deserve everything you'll get.

>also, if you're betting on crypto currencies with more than 10% of your net-worth, you're borderline retarded and deserve everything you'll get.
a lambo?

Guys we've been through this OK, Chinese are desperate to get their money INTO bitcoin not the other way around.

There may be enough retards who have this backwards to create a small dip in the lead up or something, if you see this buy it before they realize the mistake they've made, it won't be big though no whale will fuck this up.

Here's a link in case I wasn't clear enough

google.com.au/search?q=chinese capital flight bitcoin

If you still fuck this up I can confirm you are not going to make it.

so basically all it takes is the Chinese government to regulate BTC trading, and you're all fucked.

I think xem is a relatively safe bet, maybe not as safe as ETH or BTC but it has uses in Asia and is normie friendly because of its mobile app