Truth time fags

Truth time fags

where do you goys see btc and eth in 7 years.

>keep in mind there will be a hardfork with btc/btu

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-will-hit-1-million-5-10-years-says-paypal-director/
washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2013/11/09/the-11-million-in-bitcoins-the-winklevoss-brothers-bought-is-now-worth-32-million/
coinmarketcap.com/historical/20131110/
coinfox.info/news/3184-world-economic-forum-survey-10-of-global-gdp-may-be-stored-with-blockchain-technology-by-2027
twitter.com/Deloitte/status/866398442951778304
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

btc 1-5 mil

eth 10k+ if nothing disastrous happens

I don't think BTC will crash for very long, even if it does crash very hard

people already know the potential of it now, so even with the flash crash of BTC coming very soon, I still see it far beyond what it is today. 10k at least.

ETH looks like it set it self up with investors super well, 5k~?

random fucking numbers honestly, main point is just up

BTC will never get to 1 mil

you gotta be shitting me, you think btc has more potential then eth.

currently their market share aren't the same but sooner or later they will be.

also have you consider smart contracts ?

Damn I'm bout to buy one Bitcoin and just keep it in Cold storage. This shit is literally like a partyhat in runey

LOL

around 5 cents - 1 dollar

btc is store of value in a world full of corrupt governments and banks

eth is for dapps which have limited implementation. it's interesting but the average person doesn't need dapps as much as they need a secure currency.

interesting, isn't eth more secure because of contracts?

holy cow i just realized the price of Ethereum is $190 on coinmarketcap. coinbase's value is $207.50 atm. talk about scalping. sheesh

just saw that fucking assholes

Eth is turing complete , to enable dapps. this means it's orders of magnitude less secure than btc, due to being able to run any kind of code on the platform. we've already seen it fork once due to a hack, which has never happened to btc despite it being worth more and being around longer.

eth: $2500
btc: $1500

shut up and bend over goy.

What this guy said.

Also take into account inflation. Supply of ETH is gonna double in only the next 5 years from 91 million to 182 millions. BTC will go from 16.5 to 18 in the same 5 years.

Obviously if BTC reached 1 million in those 5 years, that would mean a 18 trillion market cap lulz. But 10k ETH is also completely retarded. That's close to 2 trillions in 5 years.

I feel like this board has been run over by ppl who

> cant even math

but at the same time it's nice to see all those newcomers/naabs who're gonna give us their shekels with their retarded expectations.

fair enough. if we hit a market cap of 1 trillion 1 btc will be worth like 50k. for comparison all the gold in the world is worth about 8 trillion.

but doesn't that also mean that i can sell my Ethereum on coinbase for that amount? not saying i am going to im not of course

do you think govt will ever let their market cap be more than 1 trillion? Can't they just raid every single one of these exchanges?

I mean btc/eth don't have an army to protect them.

Dollar is a reserve currency because it has military backing

You can't raid the houses of everybody and destroy their computers

>mfw you literally don't know how a blockchain works

>he felt for the hardfork meme
There will be no hard fork, BU is dead.

BTC will get segwit then LN, hit $10,000 in the next 3 years, and $100,000+ by 2025.

low IQ post

also we'll have decentralized exchanges soon

Guess I'm more conservative with my investments/predictions but I'd be happy if ETH hit $500 (little more than double what it is atm on Coinbase).

No real reason for my prediction other than I usually think if something is too good to be true, it almost always is. The insane rise with BTC which took like 6 years with a couple big dips only got us to a roughly $2200 - and I honestly think that was a one-off anomaly. It seems unlikely that any crypto will repeat that pattern to me.

And believe me, I pray that I'm wrong!

Bitcoin: USD competitor. China's housing bubble will burst and BTC will go straight to fucking Andromeda.

Ethereum: Decentralized computing platform. Major competition is Amazon's Cloud Compute and Azure. Developers require 5 years to understand the platform and build an implementation. Privacy is the main goal stated by the EEA and as a result, it has high potential to replace backends for bank and other financial infrastructure (ACH's a fucking mess, but I doubt it'd replace that). Ethereum has a lot of support from huge names who want to understand how to use it and how to build it as a platform.

The main, short-term risk in ETH is the hard fork from PoW to PoS. I don't think any major coin has done this before. I don't understand the implications personally.

I believe in both. Both are long holds. There's going to be a lot of ups/downs in BTC as it's just a straight currency replacement, but ETH, being a platform for software development, is the safest bet in my opinion.

t. ETH shill

Look

ETH isn't good for decentralized computing in general. Its computing power is abysmal, 10 seconds on an AWS cluster will bring ETH's computational abilities to its knees

I'm not him, but pls explain

Top lel 1m per bitcoin. You know that's so fucking crazy that I'm going to buy some just in case.

>people fretting over whether bitcoin or ethereum is the smart choice

dont you fuckers realize EITHER of these coins are going to make you absurdly rich

just pick one, dump $2500 into it, and forget about it for two years

come back and enjoy your $80m mansion in beverly hills

Elastic can destroy pretty much anything in terms of CC power. The point of ETH is that it works even if AWS goes down.

WHAT THE FUCK?

>Supply of ETH is gonna double in only the next 5 years from 91 million to 182 millions.
That's completely wrong. I forgot the exact numbers but if I remember correctly it may not even go over 105mil within the next 5 years.
The 30k per day rate is very temporary and is going down even now, you can read about it if you're interested.

both of them will be above 10000% increase in the next two years
le screeny this postzini

i want to believe

Sooner or later BTC will implement all of ETH functions and suck up its market cap.
In 10 years no one will remember ETH

That would be over 10% of the current nominal GDP.

You seriously think 10% of the world's money is gonna be in crypto by 2024?

you seriously don't?

He's right. In about two years time, we'll be laughing at threads like these like how we laughed at threads in 2014+1.

Probably why Fidelity aims to serve BTC/ETH/LTC... We'll pay taxes, but it'll be legitimate millions in profits. Prepare yourselves.

i've already got the crest whitening strips on my anus.

This is wildly optimistic considering the length of time it took btc to reach 2k.

>doesn't understand exponential growth
>doesn't read the fucking news
>just begs to be a poor fuck their entire life

cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-will-hit-1-million-5-10-years-says-paypal-director/

>Bitcoin will be X
>Etherium will be Y

If these are going to be 100x what they are now... how come people aren't dumping cash into them? It feels too good to be true.

They are. Eth and bitcoin have exploded.

washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2013/11/09/the-11-million-in-bitcoins-the-winklevoss-brothers-bought-is-now-worth-32-million/

What are you talking about?

Yeah to the tune of billions a day

>Damn I'm bout to buy one Bitcoin and just keep it in Cold storage. This shit is literally like a partyhat in runey

This is college money if your kid is 1

my question is how can bitcoin go to a million of some people are multi millionaires (the ones who got in very early) already?

If they withdrew billions the world economy would collapse

Proof of work vs proof of stake

Pretty sure BTC can implement smart contracts.

Absolute delusion

Bitcoin or phat? I mean if they shut down the serves on rune then it would be worthless

Makes sense. Just feels too good to be true though. Like us chumps are going to get taken advantage of yet again.

>Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT) are bringing disintermediation to nearly all industries. A survey from Greenwich Associates highlights that financial and technology firms are expected to invest more than US$1 billion to bring blockchain technology to capital markets in 2016. According to the World Economic Forum, financial services will be transformed by this technology, with the expectation that at least 10 percent of the global GDP will be stored on blockchain platforms by 2025.

This is from Deloitte's website.

Yeah, BTC is going to be worth 18-90 Trillion. Fucking idiot

coinmarketcap.com/historical/20131110/

32,000,000 / $ 316.81 = 101,006.91

Holy shit the Winklevoss bros have 100k Bitcoins

Thats now worth $ 261,708,910.70

>global gdp today is ~$75 trillion
>current crypto market cap is $66 billion

This sound right so far?

so current crypto is roughly 0.1% of GDP? So by that estimate we can expect maybe 100x gain by 2025?

How much do you guys think ETH is going to spike?

Think it'll crash or it'll plateau?

It sure can, which is why I will not buy ethereum

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

yeah, just as soon as they implement segwit and larger blocks

not in australia :^)

Mate BTC was at $900 a month ago

Crash to $150-$165 for a while. It'll be rockets once smart contracts start seeing adoption and big companies implement features they want.

$1 million btc valuation would be the equivalent of $21 trillion market cap (21m btc x 1 million dollars). there aren't even this many dollars in existence i believe. $1 million isn't realistic, unless there's hyperinflation (always a possibility)

THIS. If you Veeky Forums bros want to have a serious discussion, then debate this. I'm favoring POS but I don't know enough about the downsides of POS, only the downsides of POW.

Okay there bud

BTC will be in range of 5K - 100K
ETH will be in range of 0 - 100

how do you know?

You're full of crap

There's a reason bitcoin is volatile and ETH is projected to overtake it.

I think both will be largely replaced in 7 years by a superior technology, which the bank and silicon valley are now working on.

But as the market will keep growing for a while I expect they will still have value.

To add. Besides the mainstream coin there is room for a small amount of community coins.

The 20 year old NEET's guide to retiring wealthy at 40.

1. Buy bitcoin today.
2. Hold.
3. Hold.
4. Hold.
5. Hold.

100 satoshi = 1 dollar

no you and your insecure scamcoin is full of shit
we will see in near future

That crypto is the future is inevitable. Just like streaming music replacing CDs was inevitable. Just like Netflix replacing cable was inevitable.

Technology changes and morphs all the time. The only big issue with crypto is that it removes power from banks and government. Expect a lot of pushback down the road. The music industry's resistance to streaming will be a joke compared to the banking industry's resistance to crypto.

Bitcoin isn't just fueled by dollars, it's global. Don't forget that. I do think 100k is a more realistic expectation for the price though

Aren't banks investing heavily in crypto because it saves them a ton of money? Isn't it possible for this to get cointel'd?

If crypto becomes mainstream and replaces fiat in a large proportion there would be no more need for banks.
With crypto everyone can be his own bank.

fair enough. It's really tough for me to see people actually paying out wages in a crypto. Maybe I'm a little too closed minded.

Will ETH skyrocket once BTC crashes or will it go down with it?

its a global currency you fucking burger and you are forgetting about the 7 billion unbaked humans who will be brought online. via smart phones and satellite internet.

> "ETH HAS MORE TECH SO IT'S WORTH MORE!!!"

Autism in effect.

>scamcoin
Do you have a spare chromosome by chance?

they look so happy

$2000 isnt crazy ? if 5 years ago was for $2

in addition to what others have said, think of all the coins that have been permanently lost (press F to pay respects)

bank coins are worthless and mostly defeat the purpose of blockchain

and silicon valley IS working on bitcoin. it's not a stagnant piece of tech, it's evolving, but slowly, which makes it safe.

must be a shitload, id guess at least a quarter of them are lost

For real btc is going to hit 10-15 mil in our life times. Just put everything you can into it now and wait.

There you go, famalam

coinfox.info/news/3184-world-economic-forum-survey-10-of-global-gdp-may-be-stored-with-blockchain-technology-by-2027
twitter.com/Deloitte/status/866398442951778304

Same except I am still in HS and 16. Everybody at school wants me to help get them bitcoins. No stopping us. We are the next generation of billionaires

Kraken always gives me Cloudflare errors and it is shit slow! Are there DDOS attacks ongoing or what?

This is my favorite post on Veeky Forums so far this week

Mate delete your post or you're gonna get banned for underage

Banks are going to buy up as much fucking BTC as they can in order to inflate the price and begin selling to people. Banks won't be gone. 85% of the population is too stupid to buy and safely maintain cryptos without their hands being held.

We've had far more than that since its creation so I don't see why not. We x20 the bitcoin market cap to just 1 trillion and we're looking at $60,000 USD per coin. I don't think $100,000 isn't out of the picture.

Doesn't Zappos or Overstock or some other tech company already offer bonus payments in BTC?

Shit it says you cannot delete a post this old? I was only joking I am actually 21 please don't ban me, will I still be able to see other peoples posts if I get banned? Please help.

ya you just cant post for 24 hours usually

I don't think the mods are even that active on this board desu