Why can't normies be convinced to buy into crypto atm considering all its upsides?

Why can't normies be convinced to buy into crypto atm considering all its upsides?

inb4 I just discovered all my friends are normies

Most thing its either too complicated or shady as fuck

Makes no difference to me since soon I wont even have to work

don't try to convince anyone, they'll just think you're nuts and even if they do buy in they'll panic sell on a dip and then blame you.

just wait a few years and wave at them from your lambo

normies are another species

I told my friend, "i made $50k in crypto this month from a $1k investment" and he said, "you made a bunch of fake money you can never use.... You wasted $1k is what you're telling me"
>mfw I said, "yeah, you're right"

I managed to convince my Dad into looking into ETH. He's probably gonna buy in tomorrow

You made 50k in Chuck E Cheese Tickets that will make you rich once there are more Chuck E. Cheeses

>friends

Sounds like you are the normie here

Can't tell if nocoiner or on my side

Normies scare easily if it's something new the group hasn't latched on to yet.

inb4 I said inb4

Only when all our portfolios are 50K+ only then they start coming in, and my god that's fairly soon for Veeky Forums.

so true. its exactly like the time they stole the internet from us, but this time we're getting paid.

We need to get back at the normies somehow. They never believe us. Normies really did ruin the internet after 2005.

this! it's too complicated for most people, I am computer savy and was in on early days of mining but tried to get in on mooncoin frenzy today and suddenly realized how hard it is to get your money into a wallet and then into a website that does exchange. It's hard to trust regular brokers and investors with your cash but here you have to provide your real money for something that is virtual and hard to grasp on what it does exactly..

if you have any of the following coins to share, please please please do;

ETH: 0x67fffc832a254489f33e02efb7987ff921bb090f
DOPE: DBHiytKoir7CALx76S2ejfUzteYckYWdYF
MOON: 2J1VsBQmK5rCCt5jkRYVWAvrLfjNts2fMa

thanks

My friend's brother-in-law is a programmer, makes $100k a year and he refuses to buy even ONE Bitcoin and put it away because he is a stubborn asshole, he cares more about being proven right it is a fad then being wrong and making a ton of money even though an initial investment is peanuts to him.

I am a programmer by trade but broke and make no money but yes, I refused to buy it at all levels and mostly because I participated in pool mining when it was worthless and only btc, then when it exploded in different alt-coins is when I thought for sure this is just a temp joke and will die out since now everyone can make and mine their own coins so they are worthless, but now I am thinking if I stayed in by now I would maybe be a millionarie like I see in some screen shots of portfolios. Most likely most of coins will go away and crash but few will make it to main-stream and be implemented by all services.

There was a story about Lili Alen refusing 500k BTC in 2012 for a concert which in turn she requested be paid $100k

That 500K btc would be $1,247,000,000

You can't convince normies of anything because they have no will of their own. They need to be herded.

>There was a story about Lili Alen refusing 500k BTC in 2012 for a concert which in turn she requested be paid $100k

>That 500K btc would be $1,247,000,000

For me it is about being able to understand exponential growth from my background in molecular biology. People that don't work with it will find no common sense encounter with it in real life and thus be totally unable to grasp the concept.

People are already pretty innumerate to begin with along with being over-cautious and risk-averse. They're also totally uninformed. That means not understanding how compound interest and investments pretty much made the difference between being wealthy and being poor over the last 50 years.

The herd provides

I heard about a penny turning into a million in 32 turns when I first came to USA in 95 but was unable to find a place that would give me 2x my investment. Few years back I tried with Etrade and forex with few hundred dollars thinking I might be able to keep doubling my winnings and learned really quick it's not the case and that you can at most wage 3% of your portfolio at any time.

Day 1: $.01
Day 2: $.02
Day 3: $.04
Day 4: $.08
Day 5: $.16
Day 6: $.32
Day 7: $.64
Day 8: $1.28
Day 9: $2.56
Day 10: $5.12
Day 11: $10.24
Day 12: $20.48
Day 13: $40.96
Day 14: $81.92
Day 15: $163.84
Day 16: $327.68
Day 17: $655.36
Day 18: $1,310.72
Day 19: $2,621.44
Day 20: $5,242.88
Day 21: $10,485.76
Day 22: $20,971.52
Day 23: $41,943.04
Day 24: $83,886.08
Day 25: $167,772.16
Day 26: $335,544.32
Day 27: $671,088.64
Day 28: $1,342,177.28
Day 29: $2,684,354.56
Day 30: $5,368,709.12

normies are fundamentally different than us. they are generally much less comfortable with risk because they have a lot to lose by taking risks, and anyone who regulars Veeky Forums just doesn't give a fuck. they would much rather conform to social norms than risk being labeled as an outsider.

the "normies" who would actually gamble and buy into crypto are the outliers - people like investment bankers who spend the whole weekend nose deep in cocaine and sluts. so basically people like us.

it's also too complex for them to understand. most of us spend the majority of the day on the computer so it comes natural to us.

I already hold enough ETH to allegedly become super rich in 10 years time but with the PayPal guy saying that bitcoin is going to be 1 million per coin in 10 years do you guys think it's worth dumping some money in right now?

It's fucking expensive as it is.

perhaps buy BTC with some new money but don't sell any ETH. ETH and smart contracts are the future, just look at EEA.

blockstream core doesn't support the scaling agreement so they will probably try to sabotage it. don't make any sizeable investment until there's a consensus in the scaling debate.

>people like investment bankers who spend the whole weekend nose deep in cocaine and sluts. so basically people like us.

I had no idea I had so much in common with investment bankers until now.

when normies get in crypto the bubble burst time will start clocking

how and where do you buy ETH? or you can only buy ETH with BTC?

Normie here, it's because when anyone first hears about it, it sounds like a massive scam. I wouldn't be in on it if I hadn't used to sell drugs (which were a lot cheaper on darknet markets).

Also people can't handle the risk.

Thats a 100 pct Exponent.

BTC last few days is like 5pct.

Exponential growth is powerful even at 1pct.

do I have any chance with 1000 Mooncoins? do I forget about it for few months or do I have to watch it on here for next few days to sell off before a crash?

Would it be illegal to open a "crypto brokerage firm" or at least work freelance as such? I have many normie friends amazed by my gains but every time they try to get into it they give up because it's too complicated.

probably in the vast majority of states. in the US cryptos are taxed as property so just buy the coins, then sell them them to your friends at a premium commission. no reason to make a "business" out of it.

or do what Ben Aflek did in a movie and open one in Costa Rica ;)

I liked that movie.

because they're useless to anyone that isn't speculating on the price, it is a volatile market, and the exchanges and security measures like wallets are shaky as fuck and cumbersome

also, it's full of fucking nerds and memes

>x2 every day for a month

Where did you get the idea that this is even remotely possible?

You're gonna get slauthered once bear market comes.

I knew a guy who merchanted a needle (1gp) into a purple partyhat (~1bil gp) in Runescape. He was a truly God level merchant with ultimate patience

so I'll lose maybe 20% of the $65k (which will be back up again in a few months) that I've gained YTD, while you will lose the whole of your retirement savings and stock portfolio value when NK launches a nuke at us. gee I think I'll survive user.

I just read an article today about Fidelity Investment and how it's going to make ETH BTC and LTC available on their website soon. If they actually do I see a lot of normies buying in after reading charts and doing some research on it. HODL

one of the interview with Warren Buffet or some similar documentary

>implying I'm burger

Once Trump will go to the war with Korea I'll be siting in my home laughing my ass off at failining US economy.

>20% loss
I'm talking about real bear market that will last, not temporary dips.

doesn't matter I just kekd hard.

>they have a lot to lose by taking risks
msot normies live lifes that are more boring and simpler than most of us. I've seen people that they can't even conceive the idea of just buying a different tooth paste to try it out based on the "the one I use just works". That's not risk taking, that's being fucking numb.
Unless you have an actual mental illness that makes you that way, you deserve to be put down if that's the best you can come up with.

I mean... mooncoin has a high probability to 2x, hell even more. Even though it's being shilled as RDD 2.0 it looks to be more of the solid shitcoins as well.

For me, I bought in late with ~692k moons at 3 sats and hopefully it'll get to six.

So yes you will profit but in order to earn big you gotta hodl or be smart and sell before the dump, which could ever be so imminent with this shitcoin.

It's a high risk high reward.