What was/is the pinnacle of human civilization, in your opinion?

What was/is the pinnacle of human civilization, in your opinion?

The 90s

Ancient Greece.

>muh huh and the slaves

I'm not talkin about that.

Atlantis

The Korean Peninsula, roughly 30 thousand years BC

New Swabia right now

In modern times? The Roman Republic extended through the Roman Empire. Much of European history has been an attempt to either emulate what made Rome great or bring back the old aspects of the Roman culture and methods. That's my observation anyways.

In ancient times, however, I'm going to say Antediluvian Hyperborea/Atlantis.

1950's America, culturally and socially.

The British empire the day before WWI.

This, as well as Germany.

This. The time before the US got cucked by terrorism was pretty great.

Penicillin
Algebra
Calculus

Today is the pinnacle. Prove me wrong.

>tfw spending the pinnacle of human civilization shitposting about the past.

I suppose it depends on your perspective.

Western Europe and North America 1880-1914

The age of enlightenment

The Hyperwar sure did a number on them.

Every new day my friend.

European Middle Ages.

The 2010's
People should learn to take of their nostalgia goggles and appreciate all the beautiful things and amazing opportunities we have today

Probably California in the present. Technologically and culturally there has never been a more dominant place globally

t. jose rodriguez

t. Butthurt flatlander
You watch our movies and browse our websites

Un-ironically. As if it even needs to be said.

Perhaps the most fucking stupid thing I've ever read.
I'll be really fucking suprised if you've ever left California.

mmmmm member having a women parasitically live off you because she can't work? member being horrifically wounded in the korean war? member hating communists without actually knowing why you hated communists?

i member

Kill yourself, commie.

1960's America, everything's been going to shit since the 1970's oil crisis

California is objectively the most relevant and best state in the US. Though on the world stage there are contenders, but strictly talking about the US no state even comes close.

>Relevant
Yes.
>Best
Meme-claim. Speaking from the perspective of someone who has never lived in the US or been there, Massachusetts seems the best:

>Scenery
>History
>An intelligent population (the opposite of Cali)
>Crime is committed by jolly irishmen, rather than frightening darkies, and lisping diegos.

/pol/ does exist

if thats what you got out of his criticism I feel sorry for you, I doubt he is a communist, but I agree with him on traditionalists, they would gladly slave themselves away.

Didn't you cucks just get out of a drought period?

And it is making America greater than ever!

Can confirm. New England > CA

MA > CA

We are richer and far better educated. Fuck "muh state schools," we have Harvard bruh.

Am californian, can confirm.
You must be SoCal.

Alexandria, for the Libray of Alexandria. Was it really lost knowledge, or just a meme, and really housed farmer ledgers and benign shit?

The complex exponential, it never ceases to amaze me.

The Aurignacian

>1960's America
>generation of the Hippies
>pinnacle of human civilization

Well, yeah I guess if you like weed.

I hope important shit but it likely did have a lot mundane stuff. Could even have basically been an accounting house for merchants or they may have been the Switzerland of the ancients.

Nice try Juancito.

member having a stable nuclear family? member having a stable job that pays for a house, car, vacation, and two cars? member living in the most powerful country in the world, and having your economy make up 50% of the world GDP? member being a veteran from the worlds greatest war that instilled respect and responsibility into you that shaped you into the firm father you were?

i member

60s America is when the manufacturing collapsed and race riots / violence wave started.

Probably 2007 New York or LA. However in all of human history to occur the highest point is yet to be reached, we're in a period of decentralisation, confusion, quick change and governmental failure (at least in the U.S) to respond to technological and social change; not a 'rising' age or a 'golden' age

But I am a woman.

>right before average income began to drop
>digital renaissance
>biggest budget surplus in history
>relative peace in the middle east

fuck, I want to go back

I agree. The West may be in decline, but it's a long way from falling apart. When that happens, you'll all know it. When the civil wars start, when widespread violence and famine become common place and when armed groups start actually taking over pieces of Western countries (like on Syria and Ukraine), THEN you would be able to say that the West is collapsing.

>All these statistics
>Meaning anything when we're talking about the pinnacle of civilization

Google and Hollywood are a lot more important than a couple more high school graduates per capita.

>hwan
>the most propserous
>not Cyber-Helsinki

Wewuz shills pls go and stay go

Greater-Bostonian masterrace here, can confirm. I've traveled and lived all around this great country and everywhere else is just so much shittier. California may be the 5th largest economy in the world, but it is extremely concentrated into specific locations. There's a reason GE and a billion tech firms are relocating to Boston where they can better access the hgihly trained graduates our schools produce.

Read some of Craig Childs's work on the rise and fall of civilizations. The man knows what he's talking about on the subject of key indicators when talking about collapse. Once we stop repairing infrastructure we've begun the slow painful road to decline.

How can the west disappear

What would replace "the West"

Are these people legitimately afraid their streets are gonna turn into dirt and their daughter's are gonna be circumcised if immigration happens?

Usually a crippling heroin problem is a sign your area's economy is shit for most people

the matrix was right, it was about 1995 to 2000

True, but that's really in only in the old fishing towns on Cape Anne/ Cape Cod and the islands where tourism is the only thing keeping local industries afloat for four months.
Most of that shit goes on out in the boonies of NH, ME, and VT.

>Once we stop repairing infrastructure we've begun the slow painful road to decline.

You can repair but idiotic parts of the population that can easily pay for them refuse to or higher interests shut them down or just plain shitty state governments.

New York City is more of a powerhouse than your entire state
And NYC is a rat infested shithole

>What would replace "the West"
The New World Order, if you believe on tinfoil hat conspiracies

Hunter-gatherer society.

>Hollywood
>fucking HOLLYWOOD
>the pinnacle of civilization

I thought /int/ was just memeing calling you Ameriblubbers cultureless plebs but holy shit

Nigga, who even watches Hollywood movies any more?

>New York City is more of a powerhouse than your entire state
As an individual city yeah, but NYC is more of a powerhouse than any other city at any point in human history in that metric

Still not the Pinnacle of society compared to California, worse weather and everything's crammed together. Also no cash-crop agricultural base

This was my first honest thought with respect to the OP's question, because my father was born in 1952 and enjoyed the best of Pax Americana, and he would regularly tell me about how good things were then, relative to today. We also personally bonded over old New Yorker cartoon books from 1925-1975 when I was a boy, and I would ask him to explain some weird joke about detente or something else that I had no context for. But for all that, dad is a conservative.

48 star flags, fifteen-cent fast food meals, the apollo missions were a nice antidote to student activism, metal toys, etc. This is his worldview, and I share it to a large extent.

Once, in a private conversation, I made a snide joke to him, sort of teasing to get a rise out of him: "Baby Boomers: worst. generation. ever!" Without any humor, and without missing a beat, he turned to me and said emphatically, "Yes, that's right. I am deeply ashamed at what my generation has done to this country."

How does it feel to be contrarian asshole who hates everyone and everything,

Hollywood creates the culture that defines the world. You can either be a fedora tier retard who thinks the culture is inferior or you can look at it historically and go "this area has a lot of cultural power"

We're not here to assess if The Godfather is as good as Hamlet as work of art, we're here to assess if in fact the plurality of major culture is shaped in California

millions upon millions of plebs and periodically bored people, and you damn well know it.

Even if the industry were to contract significantly due to a mixture of piracy, creative bankruptcy and general boredom (increasingly likely), its cultural reach would still be significant for the long foreseeable future.

I don't live in NY but I honestly like winter and cold weather because normies hate it so much, and it's so good at discouraging both normies and brown people.

What do people watch? Cause they're making just as many as they always did

California is a house of cards m80. That cash-crop agricultural base you're touting is quite literally sucking the place dry

What does any of that have to do with being the pinnacle of civilization? Civilization requires civilized humans and California doesn't have many of those.

>worse weather
>actually having four seasons is worse

I need the underage and elderly to stop posting.

I think you mean all of those useless fuck in SoCal and hippies draining reservoirs to save some tiny endangered fish downstream.
The central valley feeds the world. Without them famine would be a very real threat to the west, let alone the world.

>Civilization requires civilized humans and California doesn't have many of those.
I'll bet you think Romans lived in marble houses

>everything's crammed together.

Good, means we don't need to be car owning fags like every other place in this piece of shit country

If there wasn't a drought I might agree with you, but the future looks bleak for Cali

>California GDP (2015) 2,448,467 million USD
>New York (the whole state) GDP (2015) 1,455,568 million USD
lol

Yeah shit was lovely back then

Club parties are degenerate as fuck.

Ballroom dancing is more degnerate imo.

how

Boston ems and fire have the highest rate of drug overdose calls of any major metropolitan area in the country.

when qts like pic related bossed servants around at the palace and people just accepted it as just the way things are supposed to be

I'ts all about getting laid, at least at clubs the musics better.

>it's all about women being whores and looking at drunk assholes being retards
that's pretty fucking degenerate, m8

>clubs
>having good music
no

This, anyone who wants to live in any other time than today is either uniformed or lying. The 21st century is the most peaceful, quaint, content period in all of human history and shows no signs of decline. And because of AI and VR, we're headed for work-free utopia within 30 years.

Fucking Boomers man.

>and shows no signs of decline. And because of AI and VR, we're headed for work-free utopia within 30 years.
So this is how it feels to take the blue pill.

t. retard

The concept doesn't apply.

No. Most people are pessimistic about the future of the world, extremely pessimistic actually, to the point of expecting World War III, utter collapse by climate change, literal race wars/civil wars in America, etc. It's quite pathetic, and wrong.

To be optimistic about the future is to take the actual red pill. And all it takes is 10 minutes of research and emotional detachment. 50 years from now will be an incredible time.

t. uneducated 16 year old who recently became cognizant of the world around him and dislikes pop music, social media, and the democratic party

>pinnacle of civilization means you have to have nice weather and beaches and shit

Why are Californians so retarded? I honestly can't comprehend how stupid. uneducated and mentally sheltered these people are.

>B-BUT CALIFORNIA IS THE 5TH BIGGEST ECONOMY IN THE WELRD
Yes and that says absolutely nothing about their living standards. India is also a top 10 economy, do you feel like India is the pinnacle of civilization?

>B-BUT MUH HOLLYWOOD
I didn't know capeshit, annual cashgrab remakes and interracial romcoms were the hallmark of a civilized society.

If you think modern era is in any way whatsoever better than the 90s then you need to get your head checked as you're either completely retarded or too young to remember.

Violence is lower than ever, the internet is vibrant and expanding exponentially, Trump was just elected president, and AI is rapidly improving. Explain to me how the 90s was better in any way excluding nostalgic nonsense

I have vivid memories of high school in the 90s and it wasn't a particularly great or special time. Everything about today is better, including entertainment (because of things like Netflix, Youtube, the ability to freely enjoy all of history's artistic output). And postmodernism is finally dead.

Stirner memes

>back when I was a teenager in ___, things were better!

yeah because you were too young to understand the world you fucking moron

>dislikes pop music, social media, and the democratic party
If these are things that make 2017 the best time to be alive your more retarded than you let on.

>I literally don't remember anything before the year 2000 but let me tell you how we live in the best era ever even though I have nothing to compare it to

No, they're the things that make you a child with no capacity to understand progress

I was born in 1983, so that's fairly off base. Almost everyone thinks the time they grew up in was better, you aren't special and you aren't right either.

Internet is just as bad as it is good. Yes, I can file my taxes online and I can watch silly cat videos whenever I want, but at the same time all privacy went out the shitter and literally every village retard can now expose his retardation to the rest of the world in seconds, while 30 years ago he would be confined to his retard village.

Notice how back in the day there were very few furries, juggalos, trannies, bugchasers and similarly headfucked communities? Probably because those who suffered from this type of retardation weren't aware there are others like them so they kept quiet about it in order to appeal normal, whereas nowadays the retardation is being normalized.

The violent crime rates are somewhat lower, but it's the TREND that matters. In the 90s they were steadily decreasing while today they are increasing.