Has anyone that has received the title "the great" ever actually been great?

Has anyone that has received the title "the great" ever actually been great?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_House_of_Brandenburg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Maybe Peter the Great was good but it seems he's been more remember for bludgeoning people

Charlemagne
Frederick II
Alexander
Constantine
Tigranes

Alexander?

Inb4 Green Cuck shitposting

>alexander the >great

How was he not?

Napoleon the gr..... Oh nevermind, you have to be a right wing lunatic to be considered the great

She was actually quite competent, possible the best ruler Russia had in the last 300 years.

That's correct. Left wingers can never be great. They are bitter failures and losers. The dregs of society who undermine the proud work of the wealthy and successful right wing man

Being good in combat and for your country usuall gives you that title. So Otto the Great and Friedrich the Great were great in that sense

>muh long lasting empires

Alexander and Peter are the only leaders that really deserve their "Greats."

Pompey

This thread is proof that this board is full of postmodern deconstructionists.

You try being a Saxon king in 9th century England defining off Danes to the north east, Danes to the north, and Danes to the south. All the while securing multiple institutions in your kingdom and setting the state for what would become a strong, wealthy, and united England.

It may not be some massive empire but if you do not see the value in the accomplishments of many of these men then you have a shallow interpretation of history and probably only view history akin to a dick measuring contest.

>Frederick II
Doesn't deserve the title.

He was given everything by others and lucked out on others stupidity.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_House_of_Brandenburg

He also got lucky with partitions of Pooland.

MAGNUS
A
G
N
U
S

So because he had luck this one time while fending off three continental empires he doesn't deserve the title "great"?
>inb4 Russia went neutral
Yes, late in the war with Russia and France remaining

>this one time
He got depressed like a bitch and refused to fight anymore, he was saved by some guy if I remember correctly.

He would die if not for that. How is that fucking "Great" to you?

He doesn't deserve it because he was stupid enough to get into a war with tree continental empires and eternal anglo as an ally.
>So because he had luck this one time
This one time is basically the only notorious thing he did, any retard could steal Silesia and partition Poland.

He was also treating potential polish workforce/soldiers like shit, causing them to rebel against Prussian rule.

He was an imbecile, but I germans have to call someone great.

But I think*

It amazes me how long Prussia survived with idiots like Friedrich II.

Because he isn't a fucking God.

He deserve it because he was stupid enough to get into a war with tree continental empires and eternal anglo as an ally and subsequently won

> He deserve it because he was stupid enough to get into a war with tree continental empires and eternal anglo as an ally and subsequently won
It's like saying a lazy retard who won a lottery deserve as much praise as an individual who made the same amount of money by hard work and determination.

> germans have to call someone great.
This makes me wonder, why don't they call Bismark "The Great"? He was probably the only person in the German history who deserves it.

Come January 20th one man will. Not to mention an entire nation, again.

All kidding aside, humanity has generally been pathetic and weak. So, it never really took very much for a person to receive that moniker. Also, history is written by said great people.

>He was also treating potential polish workforce/soldiers like shit, causing them to rebel against Prussian rule.

Prussian rule was preferable for the average Pole compared to the anarchic shitbucket called PLC, except for the Polish magnates maybe

>The only parallel would be Canada
HOW WILL LEAF EVER RECOVER

He was so awesome that even his enemy admired him and switched sides, how is this not great?

>best Russian ruler was German
really makes you think

>The provinces cannot be compared with any European country-the only parallel would be Canada

That's some good banter.

>Catherine
>Doing anything herself other than sucking cocks
nice meme

But he said in letters that they were rich and boosted Prussia's economy.

>no Albertus Magnus

You war freaks sicken me.

but she was great at it ;^)

Alfred

Where is this from?

>t. John Green

He was one of the most brilliant tacticians of the 18th century. He definitely deserved the title.

Perhaps you should submit to your servile instincts

Aye my cock is pretty great, so I guess the title is fully deserved.

>Bismarck
>only person
Have you heard of metternich

t. Charlemagne

cheg it out, im made of gold

There's only one. All else are imitators.

Cyrus

William Marshal someone probably called him great

what a gayfag lol

Alexander and Charlemagne without doubt