In 2011 I was 18 and had been using Veeky Forums for about 5 years...

In 2011 I was 18 and had been using Veeky Forums for about 5 years. I read about Bitcoin and saw people memeing on it but I disregarded it as a complete waste of time scam.
In 2013 I was 20 and saw the price hike. I kicked myself for not getting in but figured it was a one-off and that the platform would never recover.
In 2015 I was 22 and figured it was just another pump and dump of people trying to artificially increase the value to make up from their losses due to buying in too late in 2013.
It's 2017 and I'm 24 and I legitimately want to get in. Not because I think I'm going to get millions but because I truly believe in crypto as the currency of the future.

I truly believe that this is a global shift in wealth and that in the coming years this will be a monumental opportunity and now I want in. I've been lurking Veeky Forums the past few weeks and I now feel I'm ready to take the plunge into crypto.

What I'm looking for is kind of a beginners guide on how to get into crypto and what to look for. I've already set up my Coinbase, Bittrex, and Exodus wallet. Are there any more beginner to intermediate guides that Veeky Forums would recommend to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1382270.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nice blog post

invest in mooncoin

what kind of advice do you need

buy @ coinbase for top stability, and hold onto it

congrats, you are investing in a high risk currency. don't look at the charts too much or you will sell prematurely

visit reddit's subreddit if you want more information on cryptocurrency. This place is shithole that only shill bagholder's coins.

We are currently in a bubble and the best time to make money is during the bubble so I don't blame these shills.

>make up from their losses due to buying in too late in 2013.

>what kind of advice do you need
I'd say in a nutshell what I want is to understand what makes a good altcoin.
My main issue is that right now I don't have much to make an initial investment. I will live by the maxim of "don't invest what you can't stand losing" and so I have only about $500 to invest.
I currently plan to do $250 in BTC, $200 on ETH and $50 on shitcoins. I understand that with this investment I'm not going to be a millionaire in a week, but I would like to have an idea of what to look for in shitcoins to increase my chances of moon.

Yes I've looked at their FAQ and it was helpful for some of the very basics. However I am looking more for true investing advice.

I started lurking this board around mid-January. Didn't buy into ETH when it was below $20, kicked myself for it. I've been in and out of Veeky Forums every now and then and now I'm constantly checking it everyday.

All I did was lurk and just listen, watch and learn.

What to look for? Obvious shills. Sometimes hard to spot, if you're a good psychoanalyzer it's a bit easier to read into people's intentions if they show their hand enough.

DGB got shilled hard enough to make people insane gains, RDD did too and now looks like mooncoin has potential.

>inb4 shill post

Just do your research, talk and communicate with others. Altcoins are VERY easy to manipulate by whales, however BTC and ETH are safe bets.

I'm no expert nor rocket scientist but this is the opportunity of our generation my friend.

>this is the opportunity of our generation my friend.
Exactly what I'm trying to get in on. Thank you for the advice.
I know that I'm unlikely to get in on any sort of astronomical investment like BTC in 2011 but I want to spread out some money today and see where it gets me.
I guess the TL;DR for my post is that I'm new as fuck and want some general advice. I am a sponge at this point and I feel I have a good filter for bullshit, so just feed me whatever you have and I'll be appreciative.

Newbie here but seriously want to go in crypto. I made a coinbase account, put 600€ in and now waiting for ethereum to fall to cca 140€. Thoughts?

>However I am looking more for true investing advice.
Alt coin is very different from regular stocks. The interval for stocks that usually take a year is like a week in crypto life. Crypto is all time high after all time high within days.

There is no "investing" in this space. You are gambling. Almost all these coins have the same tech. If you are "investing" research a coin, look at what it offer compare to the rest, buy and hold DONT LOOK AT MARKET. These coins will drop to 90% in a day regardless of its tech however it will go back up many times the initial price.
Now if you are into gambling or day to day "investing". You need to get into these different telegram chats. Telegram is most popular among real cryto traders. Join rooms There's tons of them. Also follow popular figurehead of in crypto space. Read their messages to get a feel of what coin is trending. Buy coins you know that have big buyers(whales) in them. So even if it drrops, you know they will pump it back up. Don't try to time the market. Sell when you feel profit is enough. Otherwise you will lose all your profit. Don't blindly trust anyone ANYONE telling you to buy a coin unless you know they won't scam you. Most of these people in chat rooms are trying to get new buyers to buy their bag.

Also top tier advice. The moment you think you can quit your job to do this full time is probably when you will lose the most.

Patience is the game in crypto.

I suggest you buy 1 or 2 ETH now, don't wait for a massive dip because it might never come.

What are these Telegram chats you speak of, and how do you find/join them?

I've heard of the app but never used it.

Go in on Ethereum now, the price will continue to rise, even if there are small dips here and there.

If you don't go in now you will regret it in the future.

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1382270.0
There's a invite link near the end of the message. it's a link to join CoinFarm which is the most popular altcoin room.
Telegram is something you must have if you want to trade. Now once again don't blindly trust anyone you meet in there. All these individual coin also have their own telegram room so you can join them to get the latest news.
What you want is eventually have your own group of trusted people so you guys can share news with each other.

Start "investing" small because you will definitely lose. When you win, don't get overhype and end up overtrade and losing. Also use this time as a learning experience because after this bubble burst. There will definitely be another one. Last one was 2013. People with pennies end up becoming millionaires overnight like this bubble. There will be another chance in a few years but there will be more competition.

Had 100 eth sold 40 at €80 and 60 at €95. How fucked am I?

My best advice before I go to bed for the night:

Diverse. Diverse. And diversitize some more, this, in combination with not looking at the 1D charts and attempting to daytrade your crypto and trying to catch the highs and lows, will be your safest bet as to not to lose lots of money quick because you bought in too late on a hype train.

>buy low, sell high
>not trying to contradict yourself by saying muh daytrading

General concept, but hard to do when once again I mentioned before, most safe-bet coins have mooned in value.

My personal experience with this already is you'll see amazing gainz being smart, with maybe some luck by
>buying low into a coin
>selling high before the dump

Like if you look at DGB for instance, it was shilled with great technology, muh minecraft servers, peaked with beautiful ATH (all time highs for you nocoiners&newfags) but now it's been dumped and luckily I got out in the green.

If you don't watch it you'll be left bagholding. Sorry for the green text as well but there's so many lurkers coming in on this board that reads this shit, I know, because I was one of them.

But at the end of the day there's no point in getting pissed off at everyone flocking in asking questions because it'll only increase the value of our bags :')

That was a mistake but it will still be a mistake to not get on the train now, alt coins will drop and Bitcoin and Ethereum will rise.

Don't be like the cucks who refused to get on the bitcoin train at $600

Thanks for the info, user.
Do you use Telegram's mobile app or the web app?

Also I bought in at €8 a piece :/ I feel like cancer

Use whichever suit your convenience. They are both great. Obviously browser would be best because you are trading on a browser right? Unless you like to trade on a phone.

>August 2018
I'm still 24 and I burned significant chunk of my savings from crypto investments. It's all your fault internet, I'm filling lawsuit.

Yeah, I trade on a browser, was just wondering if both were of equal quality/function. I browser Veeky Forums on both, however. Cheers.

Yeah. They are the same.

i'm a 20 year old with 50k thanks to biz
not even larping
i started with 8k savings in march all in ETH baby

am I seriously the only oldfag here?

A MASTER IS OUT

Here's some advice, don't invest in shitcoins. Stick to the fundamentals. BTC and ETH