Why was the western architecture so superior to Byzantine architecture?

Why was the western architecture so superior to Byzantine architecture?

That's subjective.

no time for architecture when you are beset on land by kebab and on sea by gondola

>le subjective meme

Just look at the complexity of the shapes. It's like comparing an 8th grader's essay with Shakespeare.

>le zimbabwe circle is better than cathedrals meme

>That's subjective.
Mistakes of the subhumans. They immediately interpret the idea of subjectivity as giving them free reign to support any viewpoint that they want, no matter how incoherent, ignorant and wretched. Sure, the ant too has its own perspective of things, and therefore its own subjective reality, but who gives a shit about the reality of an ant? The greater the man the greater — and hence the more objective — his perspective, and therefore the idea of subjectivity does not undermine the absolute rule of inequality in the universe but is precisely the mechanism by which it comes about.

"Everything is subjective" means that everything can be perceived from a variety of perspectives — indeed an infinity of them — it doesn't mean that all perspectives are equal. From the plurality of subjects it by no means follows that all subjects are equal! But that is precisely what the subhumans contend. With a terrifying consistency they take the idea from the philosophers and utterly pervert it, until it comes to mean the exact opposite to what it meant at first. For if all viewpoints were indeed equal they would have to be identical! i.e. there would not be an infinity of viewpoints but only a single one! i.e. there would not be subjectivity!

The Spanish fought muslims for nearly a millenia. Still managed to build some impressive things.

So much bait going on here. Are you evil or just in a phase?

> promise to help with muslim invasions, but do nothing of sorts
> instead betray you and sack your capital, dealing a fatal blow to the empire
> do nothing to help you while you single-handedly protect Europe from t*rks
> learn everything they know from you

> Hey, bro, why is our architecture so superior to yours?
Gee, I don't know.

Without any context your posts looks retarded. Nothing ITT is obvious bait or "evil". It's entirely about aesthetics, WRE vs ERE architecture.

Why do people take weird pride in these creations? Sure they are aethetically pleasing and a part of the cultural heritage. But at the same time, you had nothing to do with it, nor ever will.

In fact, you probably dont have anywhere near the skill or knowledge to replicate this or anything like it really. So why take pride in it? Do you have nothing else to ground your ego in?

>tfw icycalm is back and not dead
I'm just waiting until he adds additional posts to the orgy

Ah my apologies I was referring to this trollpost

How is recognizing the superiority of the art taking pride?

Your post is still retarded, that is not bait or evil. It's simply a harsh lesson in how to be consistent (and I notice that you don't even attempt to refute it). Subjectivity is not a get-out-of-jail-free card for having shit aesthetics. It's simply the precondition of there being a hierarchy at all.

The only on-topic answers to the thread are that "ERE was too busy". That may be correct, but could we at least move on to what WRE was able to acquire without similar distractions?

>more complexity = better
Too much complexity can look tacky and painful. The picture in OP's post looks like a box with a million little pointy screwdriver bits stuck on it, whereas the graceful domes and arches of something like the Hagia Sophia recall some of the most beautiful shapes in nature, such as the natural wonders of Yosemite. It's like comparing Hemingway to the author of Twilight.

I think it's the edge. Still coming to terms with subjective reality. You'll get there kiddo

The west even did Byzantine architecture better than them

>>single-handedly protect Europe from t*rks

>Byzantine incompetence allows turks to take Anatolia, one of the most important land masses
>Venetian navy keeps the turks from making any massive naval incursions beyond the levant
>Serbians and Bulgarians forced to fight against turks for ages

Beauty can be found in simplicity but it gets boring fast. The art that shall linger for the generation's to come is the abstract and complex, where people can ever find unexplored layers of meaning to appreciate.

>Venetian navy intervenes on behalf of the Turks, miracle and dunkirk style, to ensure they are not wiped out by the actual Turk

because roaches stole byzantine architecture so we grew to hate it

The monument you have posted wS built 150 years aFTER byzantium was taken

Because Westerners viewed the world as infinite space whereas the Magians saw it as a cave-like dome.

t. Oswald Spengler

>Venetian navy intervenes on behalf of the Turks
When?

if that were a pokemon it would be shat on for being overdesigned

And if grandma had testicles she'd be grandpa.

>Sure, the ant too has its own perspective of things, and therefore its own subjective reality
I know it's not your point, but the ant really doesn't. It is basically a bilogical robot that moves semi-randomly and reacts to certain impluses.It certanly doesn't have any subjective point of view, memory or something similar