Does it worth the mining of cryptocurrencies nowadays (Bitcoin, Litcoin, Ethereum...) with a personal computer...

Does it worth the mining of cryptocurrencies nowadays (Bitcoin, Litcoin, Ethereum...) with a personal computer, or it's just a waste of electricity?

I mined Bitcoins for some time (back then, in 2013), but unfortunately I lost my wallet forever (it hurts, I remember my parents saying "user, you're just wasting energy").

Also, any richfag can share some with a poor one, btw?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.ethereum.org/discussion/12151/sharing-rx-500-series-hash-rates-for-several-cards
resources.vericoin.info/verium-conf-file/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck that.

Only staking these days is viable on your own pc, if you want to mine I'd recommend setting up a 6 GPU dedicated machine.

>6 GPU dedicated machine
That's a bit far from a "personal computer".

VRM is gpu resistant, has new wallet coming out that you mine from, supoosed to be 60% more efficient than current; has a solid roadmap. I mine it 24/7 for giggleshits. Bought some as well.

He said STAKING on your personal PC and MINING with an actual rig.

>I'd recommend setting up a 6 GPU dedicated machine
Literally impossible. RX 470's and 6 pcie slot motherboards are sold out everywhere. I actually came across a 470 on newegg for $170 yesterday and they were gone between the time I added them to my cart and hit the checkout button.

Noob here. How do this work? Should I install both Vericoin Wallet and Verium Vault, or just the second one on order to start mining?

There is a way to set up a 6 gpu rig with 570s too now

forum.ethereum.org/discussion/12151/sharing-rx-500-series-hash-rates-for-several-cards

in case you are interested...

Just verium vault. You can't mine the coin, only the commodity. Here are the nodes:
resources.vericoin.info/verium-conf-file/

They're all out of stock too.

well shit...

Msi pro carbon z270 takes 6 580s without issue? Not hard to find.

I looked into this after seeing a $2400 ETH mining rig on my local craigslist. Everyone says ETH is moving away from mining and I'm not smart enough to mine different altcoins. I was hoping to just buy a money making machine and plug it in.

Yeah but that's twice as expensive as other 6 slot motherboards.

Word. I tried the multi-gpu project and left it for a used dual Xeon cpu mining rig, mining VRM. I couldn't see profit from any of the gpu mining coins, not for a long while anyway. It was over 2k to build, id rather put 2k into Bittrex and play the dookcoin game.

Verium Vault installed and synchronised. Your .conf file is applied. What now?

If you copied the nodes, rescan blockchain and hit start. Don't expect much until new wallet drops.

Thank you for the info.

How often can you get something?

It took 8 days for one block when I was hashing at 1100. Lol... What is your hash rate?

which altcoins that are not too shitty can be staked?

See pic related.

Gonna be a while my bro. Just hold out for new wallet.

pivx

never heard of it, but I see that it's in bittrex at least

Learn english, you worthless piece of shit. We're not your internet friends. Use google.

Am I too late to the game to buy Ethereum? Or should I wait for a drop? I am interested in hopes it rises a lot. where would you suggest buying and how would I cash out? Thanks in advance for the help

It's gonna fork the fuck out