N Bitcoin, the total supply is capped at 21 million BTC

n Bitcoin, the total supply is capped at 21 million BTC.

Is the total supply of ETH capped, or will ETH just keep getting mined at the same rate forever?

ETH is infinite supply just like Dogecoin.

ETH is inflationary but once staking gets in you'll be able to beat inflation rate just by staking your coins.

Vitalk said that eth will be slightly deflationairy and it will be staying at around 100 mil total eth. The new eth generated is just to offset the eth burned for gas fees and lost coins.

Don't you need more than 1,000 ETH to stake your coins?

You can just use the new PoS pools that will come out but regardless it will be slight deflationary so you dont have to worry about your eth being devalued like you do with USD as the fed just prints new bills as needed.

Gas is burned in Ethereum? I thought gas went to the miners as a transaction fee.

ETH developers keep deceiving noobs by telling them "don't worry, we'll limit the number of ETH at some point". It's never going to happen. Since the beginning they have been saying it but they'll never do it. Vitalik keeps postponing because he has no idea how to turn ETH into a pos coin, and he has no idea how to go forward without a messy hard fork that will fuck his shitcoin up. They are just stalling and seeing how high they can sell their coins to euphoria retards.

Finally an informative thread. When will staking be available?

kek ETH seems to have much more problems than I thought

for me number one reason is shitty security by design

ETH is centralized
ETH is inflationary
ETH is everything that's wrong with fiat

Reminder that if you fall for the ETH meme you're literally exchanging jew controlled fiat for corporate controlled crypto.

Bitcoin has none of the issues.

ofcourse but with the analogy for the tx fee's being gas saying that it is burned is what is expected. Do I need to spoon feed everything to you neets? ethereum.org/ether

lol ethereum.org/ether

Casper should be implemented immediately. They've had enough time to work on it.

"Is the ether supply infinite?
No. According to the terms agreed by all parties on the 2014 presale, issuance of ether is capped at 18 million ether per year (this number equals 25% of the initial supply). This means that while the absolute issuance is fixed, the relative inflation is decreased every year. In theory if this issuance was kept indefinitely then at some point the rate of new tokens created every year would reach the average amount lost yearly (by misuse, accidental key lost, death of holders etc) and there would reach an equilibrium.

But the rate is not expected to be kept: sometime in 2017 Ethereum will be switched from Proof of Work to a new consensus algorithm under development, called Casper that is expected to be more efficient and require less mining subsidy. The exact method of issuance and which function it will serve is an area of active research, but what can be guaranteed now is that (1) the current maximum is considered a ceiling and the new issuance under casper will not exceed it (and is expected to be much less) and (2) whatever method is ultimately picked to issue, it will be a decentralized smart contract that will not give preferential treatment to any particular group of people and whose purpose is to benefit the overall health and security of the network."

In other words Ethereum is just like Dogecoin which will forever issue a large but fixed number of coins every year.

I think you are illiterate. Samefag

Nothing in your post contradicts what I have written. The only thing that changes in Casper is that a smaller (but still large) number of coins will be issued each year forever than under the current proof-of-work mining algorithm. Blackcoin did the same thing when it switched to proof-of-stake.

you are such a bad troll lmao

Ethereum is an inflation coin. Just admit it. It's no different than all the other POS coins that keep pumping out interest forever.

i bet you dont even own bitbean you nobeaner

fuck, I need a bit more ETH then