Basic Attention Token Has No Incentive And Isn't Practical

This seems like a half baked idea. What is the incentive to put money into the ICO? I don't see why or how the price would at all increase. The key developers seem shady, too.

This doesn't seem like an investment at all. It seems like the developers need money to play with and all we get are these tokens that have no inherent value to anybody.

Is anyone else seeing this? I don't get the hype at all. Do you really think advertisers want to buy a volatile token to pay publishers and users? Why would publishers want to receive these? How would the value increase for US investors in their smart contract? I don't see it and nobody has been able to answer that. Until then, this is officially DOA.

>The key developers seem shady, too
The ones that invented Javascript and Mozilla Firefox? Kek

The one that lost his position at Mozilla and is now making this out of necessity, yes. JS took 10 days to make.

I hate how we have big threads praising this idea yet any criticism, I get zero replies. this seems like a big joke.

I think its about what people believe it can be. When i first researched Bitcoin 4 years ago i thought people will soon start to understand that it doesent scale but look at the price now.
Now if developers with a name start a project, people believe in them blindly that it somehow will turn out ok

Sometimes I think about how many fucking retards have internet access and wonder if that end of it could get enough traction that BAT proves to be an effective lure, the payment method isn't really important to the publishers at that point, exchanging a fucking token is piss easy compared to any other method of driving traffic.

As for getting advertisers well I don't know that the payment method even matters too much there either, if they're getting a better deal they'll use the fucking token, like how I make a trip to the bank to pay tax evaders in cash so they give me a discount.

the brave browser will replace all adds with companys paying for adds with BAT

if this can actually put more money in the hands of smaller businesses advertising and cuck the bigger companys, and put money in the hands of web browsers for simpling surfing the web - the coin and ascend into the heavens

big 'if' but we've seen some crazy shit with crypto

Who cares ? I'll buy the ICO, sell it minimum x3 the initial price and buy more Ethereum.
Even if it has no real world application, normies are still going to buy my overpriced bags

Why can't Google implement this into Chrome and kill this project immediately, again
..? I don't see anything here that google, the multi billion dollar company couldn't do.

That I wouldn't worry about, by the time google is even considering remodelling their primary business this coin has already gone to the moon

This would fuck with like 75%+ of Google's income. What the fuck do you think they're going to do sit on their ass and just watch it happen? You don't make sense.

The fact that Google can destroy this at any moment isn't something to ignore. These stupid basic attention tokens would be worth nothing if that were to happen.

Not to mention that if this actually did become big every sjw in the universe is going to bitch and moan about Brendan eich being some gay Basher or whatever

Yeah but I'm saying it's not going to be fucking with them on that level at the jump, they're not going to bother looking at turning their entire business model upside down when they have a guinea pig running the experiment for them. IF the BAT ever gained traction, they would have no problem just buying the entire company, or more likely making their own and crushing it as they'd be pissed.

If it really got to that point I think we would be starting to see multiple options for 'browser reward' schemes coming into play, would that really be so crazy?

BAT is an amazing idea...Just read the whitepaper you lazy morons.
Literally all your questions have been answered in depth.
You are just pathetic NEETs. You think you will be rich from cyrpto but one way or another all of you will fall by the wayside or left holding bags.
You are simply too lazy and dumb.
No, there is no way that idiotic neets will become millionaires even if it seems so at the moment.
You will be manipulated and your money will be taken by actually smart and hard working traders/investors.
Enjoy the ride cause you wont see a fucking penny.

Bat is a fucking retarded idea and has been shown in multiple threads already why

I reckon you put a fucking suit and tie on before sitting down for yobit

>people are gonna use a literal shilling browser

yeah okay....

Google is run by incompetent H1-B holders now.

And cucks.

I did read the white paper and there was nothing compelling that Google could not do

He lost his position because he donated to support some burger law against gay marriage, and the usual freaks started a character assassination campaign over it. This was a political problem, not a competence one. I suppose you could argue his failure to adopt socially sensible positions is a business liability, but I can give the man a pass for not expecting a 21th century Spanish inquisition hunting for his private affairs.

OP you are right. These faggots shilling it can only say "m-m-muh mozilla and m-m-muh
javascript."

I think the coin is still gonna go up short term, then crash because the idea fucking blows.

Of course he is a business liability. zero LGBT or anyone who supports LGBT will not use this or even actively attack it. It is a bit fucked that he lost a job or is attacked over it, but as investors in his shit, it's now our baggage too.