How to analyse crypto

Hi, do you have some tips in order to analyse crypto and knwo when it will dump or pump ?

Other urls found in this thread:

cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/unsorted2/Stock books 029/John J Murphy - Technical Analysis Of The Financial Markets.pdf
cryptoping.tech/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah no fuck off.

Where are triangles??

go research technical analysis and experiment yourself bro

When a meme coin is ready to pump it will have at least 3 threads in the Veeky Forums catalogue. once the Meme coin has reached 8 or more threads in the Veeky Forums catalogue it is usually about to dump.

Dubs and trips can also be a good indicator.

If you're really advanced you can use meme triangles. Get a ruller and a permanent marker and you can draw your "technical analasys" lines directly onto your computer screen. If the meme lines cross each other you can guarantee it will pump.

Its science. It cant fail.

You're welcome!

Well, here's a practical tip. Sign up for CryptoPing's pumpbot (you get a code and add him on Telegram). You will get notifications when a coin is suddenly pumping. Is a shitcoin's price and volume skyrocketing out of nowhere it is a pump n dump 99%.

look - cryptos are pure speculation. You can speculate that a certain coin will appreciate, but its not like the underlying value can really be determined.

I mean - you can't say "turdcoin is worth 1/1,000,000,000 of the total productivity of the turd factory that churns out 50,000 turds a week that sell for $40/turd. There is an improving market for turds, so Turds inc can sell all the turds they can turn out through the 'poop chute' machine. In fact, demand for turds is so high, Turds inc will be able to expand their turd line to include extra nutty, super stinky, and a brand new, experimental model called, "loose stools.' each of these will cannibalize a small portion of the regular turd market, but will command a 15% premuim. based on these facts, I believe that my turdcoin will appreciate"

nope - its just "I wonder if anyone else wants to buy trudcoins?" I bet they do.

the only exceptions I've seen so far are Bit And ETH, Bit b/c it is the standard by which all other currencies are valued and ETH b/c smart contract adoption.

In the case of Bit, you are basically betting that more people will adopt crypto.

In the case of ETH, you are betting that people will start adopting smart contracts.

disclosure:

I own 2.3 btc purchased at about $1200

and bought 100 ETH at $16. sold 25 of them at $214 a bit ago and will likely sell another 25 if it goes p to $220 or drops below $200.

I think both are overvalued by far right now and while they could continue to increase some, are likely to lose 50% of value in the next 30-60 days and should stabilize and then increase more moderately.

I plan to sell all but .5 btc at $3000.

Everyone should own and hold at least .5 btc

>draw lines everywhere
>tell other people the lines mean its going up
>people buy your coin and it artificially pumps
>sell it and repeat

>look - cryptos are pure speculation.
>I think both are overvalued by far right now and while they could continue to increase some, are likely to lose 50% of value in the next 30-60 days and should stabilize and then increase more moderately.

You're speculating alright lel

this post is correct.

That's my point, because there is no true underlying investment, it is all speculation.

We will see if I am right.

I treat it like my moms treats football games. Pick the coin with the prettiest icon.

This is so true

>I plan to sell all but .5 btc at $3000.
What will you do once we hit $10000

There's usually like one or two threads by the same poster
>"THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE FOR TAKE OFF"
And the coin will be up 150% the next day and 10 threads in catalogue

If multiple people are desperately trying to get you to buy the coin on Veeky Forums, then it's about to drop.

Combine pic related with fundamental analysis and the market is your playground.

Which crypto bot can I follow ?

btw, cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/unsorted2/Stock books 029/John J Murphy - Technical Analysis Of The Financial Markets.pdf

I have a hard cover in the mail but been reading this. If you wanted to know where meme triangles and patterns and stuff come from, this is the book for you.

Is this the best book for technical analysis? I'll give it a read, thank you.

The most important question in this thread

The original was written decades ago but TA is timeless and this is still the field manual for the subject. Just make sure you mix fundamental analysis in and adjust for crypto's short timescale compared to stocks, which the book is about.

can ia sk a general, dumb question? so im constantly refreshing bittrex and looking at my wallets, and i get obsessed with the "% change" column. my question is, what is it measuring? the % change from 24 hours ago? from an hour ago? ive seen some things literally jump from like +9% in the green to -18% in the red, in a matter of a few minutes. Im just trying to understand how it works.

Typically I find coins that I think have great tech or a future, so that if I end up having to hold for a few years to see my investment back, I'm ok with it, as a kind of backup.

Then I look for news and upcoming events but nothing too close. Crypto tends to be very impatient, which is good because you can really buy the rumors, but have to remember to sell when the news hits.

Then, when those 2 things are both in place, I try to use whatever technical analysis I can to find the best place to buy in and I generally just never buy at an all-time high. Usually I'll set a stop loss but if I see things falling but still think it has potential I might lower it later.

Thing I wonder is just how much to adjust the timescale for. Is minutes accurate? Hours? Days? Weeks? What does a month is stock time translate to in crypto time?

Relative strength indicator but it is mostly fueled on emotions. Resist urge to buy at the top and be patient.

>Combine pic related with fundamental analysis and the market is your playground.

Combine pic related with machine learning techniques for finding the patterns and the markets become so much of a playground that it should be illegal. Seriously. This is like shooting fish in a barrel.

>Hi, do you have some tips in order to analyse crypto and knwo when it will dump or pump ?

Here is my advice, just be aware of the major fallacies:

1. Technical analysis is bullshit; stochastic systems are unpredictable by nature. You cannot derive the future price from a past price no matter what the data set. inb4 trendlines: nothing but confirmation bias here.

That said, knowing what the hell you are looking at in terms of charts and indicators isn't a bad thing and you should know what things mean. But never assume that because you picked a move and the market moved, it moved for the reasons you picked it.

2. Fundamental analysis is meaningless in an asset class with no precedents. You can't really compare crypto with anything, although people will and do every time.

3. Numeracy (eg, its going to X because X is and (((people))) like ) of any kind and in any form is pure astrology and you will lose ans lose big if you think you can time the market.

4. Events. I think people will disagree, but I think that once you go down the yellow brick road of assigning causes to market moves you are in real danger of starting to believe your own bullshit. Things like, the market moved because (elections/news/reports/gossip/etc)

5. Long strategies will destroy short strategies in this market. Hodlers will be rewarded. Panic selling into losses will always result in losses. Cutting losses is different.

We're in a Tulip Mania type market and there will always be someone screaming that the end is near. They couldn't be more wrong if their name was W. Wrongy Wrongenstein. That Tulip market lasted decades.

My own bullish prediction is that this market will explode past the stratosphere and into interstellar space. I base this on very long term macroeconomic, social and technological trends.

Holding will only get you stellar gains if you hold the right coin though.

what the fuck is this hypocritical comment LOL

>stochastic systems are unpredictable by nature.
>I base this on... trends.

>You can't really compare crypto with anything
>We're in a Tulip Mania type market

HAHAHAHAH this guy is so full of shit

where to sign up?

nvm, got it

there it is

The Quintessential Veeky Forums Post

Saved for future newfags pasta.

where?

nvm found it too.

only thing they don't explain on the site is why I should buy their PING token.

?

>fundamental analysis
Is this a book or do you mean the concept?

>How to analyse crypto
buy high sell low

You cannot predict the pumps or dumps from past data.

Think about risk management, trends, and volatility when choosing your portfolio. If you want to keep your money, do not participate in Veeky Forums pump of the day. The person posting about their coin already has their sell order in, leaving you with nowhere to go.

>1. Technical analysis is bullshit; stochastic systems are unpredictable by nature. You cannot derive the future price from a past price no matter what the data set. inb4 trendlines: nothing but confirmation bias here.

You are so wrong about this that I almost shit myself from laughing. I constantly hear this from people and yet I keep cashing the checks from following the trends. Just because you are too stupid to understand something doesn't invalidate that something.

cryptoping.tech/ I am personally looking forward to this launch, am already balls deep in altcoins