>Jesus was a Jew

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_the_Apostle#Names
catholic.com/quickquestions/why-did-god-change-sauls-name-to-paul
pastebin.com/d4RUmABN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>jesus is historical

>Christianity is a heresy of Judaism and not the other way around

>Mary was a real virgin and not a girl who did anal to be a technical virgin.

>Implying christianity predates judaism

This. People actually think Christianity came from rabbinical Judaism.

>Jesus wasn't a Jew

Christianity was a rival sect of Pharisaism, the progenitor of Judaism as we know it. So no, Judaism does not "predate" Christianity.

Not him, but modern rabinnical judaism is just as different from ancient Israelite faith as christianity is.

>Luther didn't work with the Jews in tell he felt slighted by them.

Pharisaism is older than Jesus Christ himself.

>muh medieval setting
>bars
>barkeepers
>barmaids

I will run a dog over

>medieval setting
>perma grey sky, dead trees, you can hear a crow in the distance
>every street is made of mud and poop
>everybody had like three teeth at max for some reason
>[Gregorian chant starts playing]

As opposed to say, modern Christianities vs the sorts of Christianity that was practiced in the 1st century?

Yep. We all know that Islam is the worlds oldest religion since current day Christinaity was created in the 21th century.

Actually they are way similar because they at least have common doctrines and more or less the same scriptures.

They were both branch offs of Yawheism

I don't see any less of a difference between what the Ebionites believed vs a 21st century Baptist compared to a Second Temple Era Hebrew and a Rabbinic Jew.

A guy from the times of Joshua time travels to the modern age

>why the hell is there only two tribes left?
>why aren't you guys worshipping at mount Gerizim?
>why are you talking about the world ending?
>what the fuck is a Jerusalem?
>synagogue? what's that? and hanukkah?
>of course other gods exist you dumbass, but we only worship one
>what's with all this angelic and apocalyptic crap in your texts, where did you get that from?
>and a matter of fact why do you need a shitload of additional text explaining the original text lmao
>wait and where the fuck is the tabernacle?

A guy from circa 30 AD following Jesus around travels to the modern age

>Who the fuck let in all these greek guys?
>And what do they mean, they've 'fulfilled' the law so now they don't have to follow it?
>And Jesus is a God? But isn't God? And you have 3,000 different heresies over exactly how you parse it?
>Who made up this "Virgin birth" shit?
>Why are there two different versions of Jesus's genealogy?
>Wait, the world didn't end by now?
>Why can't our holy books tell the difference between Pharisees and Sadducees? Any idiot knows that.
>What's "original sin"?
>Why is the distinction between purity and command all muddled?
>Can you explain this trinity thing again? It didn't make sense the first two dozen times. Why do you think the big guy said something so bizarrely contradictory that you had literal centuries of bickering and murder over it?

>Jesus was a Jew
This is true though.

Jesus wasn't a Jew
10/10 b8

Don't you anons read the Bible? Jesus FOLLOW Moses teaching:

Matthew 5:17:
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have NOT come to abolish them but to FULFILL them.

Matthew 19:16-17:
(16)And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
(17)And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.

Teaching of Moses =/= Judaism. Judaism is a fucktarded sect that arose from the Pharisees.

Jesus was WHITE and REDPILLED

Saul, Saul, why persecuteth thou me?

Who's Saul?

>Protestantism was justified.
>Jesus wasn't a jew.

Regardless, the 10 commandments are the core teaching of Moses. Jesus said FOLLOW the commandments, but the Christians clearly doesn't do that.

Paul

Catholics aren't Christian

What makes you think Christians don't follow the 10 commandments?

Found my historical misconception

Wait......... Paul is Saul? Why did they change his name?

The first commandment:

"Thou shalt have no other God beside me"

The Christians have three gods, right? For all I know, Moses have only one God.

And also, the 'Gods' in the first commandment is plural of respect, not number.

It's the Jews culture to call someone respectable with plural, as a mean of respect.

>the 10 commandments are the core teaching of Moses.
No you idiot. The real core teachings of Moses are the rites of sacrifice, the construction of the Tabernacle, the teaching of the duties of the priestly class, and the observance of Passover. Moses and God flip their shit out and kills people only when people don't do those things. He barely even cares about the ten commandments, which are honestly just the first ten things on a random list of rules that people (mainly Christians) later decided were of key importance.

For everyone else in the thread:
Judaism has changed throughout the ages because it no longer has a place to properly make a sacrifice, making the priests and half the commandments basically useless.

Christianity has changed because it was a random cult with no clear doctrine that got Hellenized beyond recognition and somehow became the focal point of European politics for one and a half millennia, and has been continually altered to suit the needs of the times.

No religion is unchanging, but Judaism does represent a continuation of the older theological doctrine and ideology, and is a way more honest religion in terms of being self aware of the fact that religions are constantly changing.

Anyway, this whole thread triggers the shit out of me. Peace out.

Blast off Schlomo

user... the 10 commandments is the biggest thing in the time of Moses. Moses said:

Deuteronomy 6:4:
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Jesus said:

Mark 12:28 :
One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"

But yes, their(Jesus and Moses) religion are not the same as today religion.

Forgot to add:

Mark 12:29:
most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

Those are all perfectly valid medieval things

and people ask why we hate Jews

>jews

t. Goldbergstein

Changed when he converted. Saul was one of the most zealous, by the book Jews of his age and went around slaughtering Christians.

I'm sorry, but do you have anything to back up your claim? I mean, Saul sounds a lot like Paul, so I'm leaning towards that the people mistranslated his name. Saul is Saul, we have no right to change people's name.

There's two Sauls in the Bible. The first king of Israel who angered God and got replaced by David, and Paul.

Oh, never knew that. Thanks bruh.

John 5:46
if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.

John 8:44
"You (Jews) are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Are you saying that the name change is a mistranslation, and that Saul was never actually called Paul and it's a clerical error? There's a lot of scripture to support that they're the same person.

Poking around, it seems that Paul may have been the Roman version of his name, and as he brought Christianity to the Gentiles, became more closely associated to him than Saul with his conversion. So perhaps conversion wasn't the reason of the change, but is the reason he's more commonly referred to as Paul today.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_the_Apostle#Names

>It has been popularly assumed that Saul's name was changed when he converted from Judaism to Christianity, but that is not the case.[5][20] His Jewish name was "Saul" (Hebrew: שָׁאוּל, Modern Sha'ul, Tiberian Šāʼûl; "asked for, prayed for, borrowed"), perhaps after the biblical King Saul, a fellow Benjamite and the first king of Israel. According to the Book of Acts, he inherited Roman citizenship from his father. As a Roman citizen, he also bore the Latin name of "Paul"—in biblical Greek: Παῦλος (Paulos),[21] and in Latin: Paulus.[22][Acts 16:37][22:25-28] It was quite usual for the Jews of that time to have two names, one Hebrew, the other Latin or Greek.[23][24][25]

Jesus, cant you retards use wikipedia.

For God's sake people do one fucking Google search.

catholic.com/quickquestions/why-did-god-change-sauls-name-to-paul

Jesus was a Jew but converted when he founded his religion. Just as Buddha was a buddhist and Joseph Smith a mormon.

user... Jew is a race. You can't change your ethnicity. Besides, Jesus DOESN'T BRING ANY NEW TEACHING. See .

I(Jesus) have NOT come to abolish them(teaching of Moses) but to FULFILL them.

The Jew's father was not Moses. But their ancestors. I heard somewhere that the Jews once killed 50 prophet in one day.

>Martin "Turks are better then the Pope" Luther

Right, so he was still ethnically jewish but not religiously so.

user, no. Jesus's teaching is the same as the teaching of Moses.

There's more kosher salt in this thread than in the Dead Sea.
>inb4 Christians are the false Jews, not modern """""jews"""""

>Napoleon was short

>Deuteronomy
The ten commandments are in exodus? What does this prove? What's with the Christian obsession with taking individual bible verses and believing they prove anything?

>of all goods commandments, which is the most important
They're asking which of the hundreds of commandments, not which of the ten random ones Christcucks decided were the only ones worth following.

Forgot to add, breaking the ten commandments does not carry the punishment of spiritual exclusion, unlike things like, for example not being cleaned after touching a dead body.

God being more willing to forgive some transgressions and not others leads me to believe that probably the ten commandments were less important.

...what are you trying to indicate? I read all of it, but what statement are you trying to make?

Trinity =/= Three Gods

> Literally named trinity
> not three gods

Well, Islam is the world's oldest monotheistic religion

>Martin "Turks are better then the Pope" Luther
>mfw 2017 Gernamy

His mother was Jew => He is Jew

Jesus was an ethnically Hebrew Christian you twit.

No

I guess the sign they placed over his head must have referred to the King of the Judaeans, a people of a multicultural melting pot as depicted in the History Channel's The Bible, with diverse backgrounds and ethnicities who for all we know could have looked like you or me.

Here pastebin.com/d4RUmABN

Damn, meant for

Yes

Christianity didn't exist.....

Saying Jesus was a jew is like saying Washington was british.

>reposting Constantine
he's dead, let him stay dead