Why do neo-nazis tend to idolize Hitler while at the same time dismissing his own actions...

Why do neo-nazis tend to idolize Hitler while at the same time dismissing his own actions, and pushing for policies against what the actual Nazis wanted?

I mean, it's one thing, distasteful as it may be, to think that the Nazis had the right idea and try to continue their work. But if you're going to make it up as you go along, why pick the Nazis as a role model when they're not actually pushing for the same things you are?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Stumbling-Colossus-World-Modern-Studies/dp/0700617892
forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=63400
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

By being fucking stupid.

Which ideas do you have in mind?

>neo nazis
Buzzword.

White supremacy as opposed to German/Germanic supremacy, for the big one. Also ideas about "purification" of North America, and holocaust denial.

Well Hitler kind of turned into a pan-European nationalist in his later years as opposed to the strictly German one he was when he wrote Mein Kampf. A 30 year old Hitler probably wouldn't be allying with all those non-Germans and praising Aryan (Indo European) as opposed to just German identity.

>Well Hitler kind of turned into a pan-European nationalist in his later years as opposed to the strictly German one he was when he wrote Mein Kampf.

Considering how he 'liquidated' quite a bit of the rest of Europe, I'm not quite sure I'd call him a Pan-European Nationalist. Plus, the Nuremberg laws remained in force.

That strikes me more as political opportunism and trying to pick up disposable tools, as opposed to an actual change in ideology.

Nuremberg laws only prevented intermixing with Gypsies abd Jews neither of which were really European.

I feel like there's just a lot of bad information when it comes to WW2 now thanks to American media. Like

>muh Russian hordes
A complete meme. The Russians fought twice as hard as the Germans did (well of course anyone would if your enemy is planning on enslaving everyone you know and love).

The kill ratio between Russia and Germany was only 1.0:1.3

>holocaust denial.
What I don't understand is, why do people who like Hitler and the Nazis still kowtow to public opinion in thinking the Holocaust is bad? So they have to come up with this convoluted nonsense about how it didn't really happen. You'd think people who hated jews and blacks would be all about the Holocaust.

In1935, sure. But they would be extended by things like the Polish Decrees and the Reflections on the Treatment of Peoples of Alien Races in the East extended it to pretty much all slavs, who are definitely European and white.

Well, we're straying a bit far afield, but usually casualties are computed as

(Killed+wounded bad enough to retire from front+captured).

Computing killed vs killed leads to equally bizarre ratios. And I hardly think American media is to blame for most of it; the "Muh Russian hordes" comes primarily from German memoirs and misunderstanding how Soviet operational mastery was employed.

>now thanks to American media
I agree.
Here's another one.
>"Hitler could have won the war if he didn't invade Russia"
invading Russia and securing their resources was Germany's goal from the beginning. In every single propaganda piece they had about Slavs.
Stalin himself knew that and he had his forces ready (he just thought Hitler was going to attack later).

>Stalin himself knew that and he had his forces ready (he just thought Hitler was going to attack later).

Read this.

amazon.com/Stumbling-Colossus-World-Modern-Studies/dp/0700617892

Stalin did not have his forces ready, nor is there evidence that he thought the attack was imminent, just coming later.

>Reflections on the Treatment of Peoples of Alien Races in the East
That was Himmler, not Hitler. And it was just a random suggestion, not a binding piece of legislation.

>That was Himmler, not Hitler. And it was just a random suggestion, not a binding piece of legislation.

Its suggestions were carried out to a large degree; the Nazi state was more than just Hitler, and the ministers had pretty free hands to carry out their duties as they saw fit.

forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=63400

Hitlers goal maybe, many German nationalists saw a Red-Brown alliance as much more beneficial against the capitalist west

>why pick the Nazis as a role model when they're not actually pushing for the same things you are?
Because they are edgy

That swastika just brings the whole thing together, like a bow on a present.

>posting a political reference
You have to go back

/thread

most neo-nazis are just troubled youth and edgy

>Karl Marx
I can almost feel the heat off that irony.

nice thread

>IQ Teeeeesssts

I don't know what's funnier, the fact that you used a Karl Marx quote or that you used that specific one by Marx to prove your point.

the irony, it hurts

Pinochet posters are not naziboos

Actually this thing is all over the place and shitty

The anti-capitalist wing of the nazi party got purged early on though