Apparently a lot of people have been scammed by Coinbase / their customer support is shitty...

Apparently a lot of people have been scammed by Coinbase / their customer support is shitty, what does Veeky Forums think? (Check their app store reviews.)

Is there even any other way to buy and sell Ethereum??

Other urls found in this thread:

ethereum.org/
bitcoin.bitaccess.co/buy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional-reserve_banking
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>buy coin
>put in wallet asap

Localbitcoins.

No problems for me.

how do you do this, what wallets online?

I purchased ETH thru Coinbase on Monday night. Linked to my bank account.

My price is locked in but the shit still hasn't appeared in my bank account and says it won't show until Wednesday of next week. Am I getting fucked by Coinbase? or is my bank being super cautious?

I just cashed out and had no issues

download a ethereum wallet
>falling for the online wallet meme
never trust anyone with your money

>being this new

you did an echeck which takes a long time and coinbase doesn't like cards for some reason

We all start somewhere.

This is normal, you just have to have patience.

is it better to store my coins on my iphone using breadwallet vs my windows computer

can you cash out your BIT and ETH on Coinbase for fiat?

do they take a cut or pay what its going for?

is exodus.io an online wallet?

ethereum.org/

so should I wait to see if this goes thru first before I make any more buy orders?

Yeah thats the whole point. With a few exceptions youll have an exchange for fiat to a few coins, like coinbase with eth/btc/ltc. Then transfer your crypto funds from coinbase to bittrex or poloniex or whatever other exchnage has the alts youre after.

When you want fiat again, send crypto back to coinbase and cash fiat into your bank account.

Yes there are fees moving from exchange to exchange, as well as fees when you make a transaction (bittrex does .25% i think), plus coinbase fees which for me is a flat 2.99 whenever i buy or sell on coinbase.

Gl user

I had to buy my ETH from BUY CANADA.
Fuck coinbase its been down mostly for me since the weekend.
here is the link. AND I received it in about 30 mins.
bitcoin.bitaccess.co/buy

My bitcoin has been pending since like saturday, it's supposed to arrive today, but it still says pending. Is there a certain time when it usually clears?

I'm obviously a no coiner

Is their one big program to mange all wallets or do I have to have a fucking million wallets

CALL YOUR FUCKING BANK

THEY THINK THE TRANSACTION WAS FRAUD , SO IT DIDNT GO THROUGH DESPITE CB TELLING YOU SO

This in normal, helps prevent fraud. Helps you get iron hands.

Mine came early in the morning. (before 7:00 am Pacific) I'd just give them a day.

What if I keep getting that fucking CVN error over and over again?

/Thread

I honestly have had zero problems with them ever. I legitimately think that everyone saying that are either retards or just straight up liars.

you bought ETH directly from there online? How did you pay? credit card or bank wire transfer? Also what do you do now with your ETH? Sit on it until it rises and sell somewhere?

Thanks

I think the bank is more concerned with the deposit than coinbase, basically the banks are holding up the process as they don't trust the exchanges

pretty sure you can download a wallet

sorry if this is a stupid question, but is it possible for places like coinbase to "oversell" btc and eth? i mean if orders are flooding in, and they dont have enough to cover? kind of like if a concert venue sells like 10,000 justin bieber tckets to the public , but they only can accomodate 5,000?

yes:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional-reserve_banking

>th-this is normal

shitbase cucks are hilarious

Never had issues aside from downtime. But I also use it only to convert fiat into either ETH or BTC, I always immediatly withdraw everything to my wallet and then either keep it there if it's for long term or transfer it to an exchange if I want to invest in some shitcoins.

Once i get my coins (Says arrives on Friday and one order Tuesday) I'm moving them to Exodus and switching over to Gemini once they finish verifying me. Have been with shitbase less than a week and I'm fucking over it. They finally have the "CVN error" fixed but I guess I tried to input it more than they liked during the down period because now I'm not even allowed to enter my credit card for another 24 hours after trying earlier today. Fuck this place.

>Have been with shitbase less than a week and I'm fucking over it.
this
I've been with them for 20 hours and I'm not buying through them anymore. too unreliable

gemini is better

easily, that's why you get them out right away

>Coinbase finally fixes their CVN number glitch
>Add a debit card and I have to "verify it" with my bank using 2 transactions, telling them the exact amount
>Coinbase sends 3 transactions at the same time
>Try to guess which is which
>On second try get locked out for 24 hours
THIS WEBSITE IS AS BAD AS IT GETS
I NEED TO WAIT A WEEK TO GET THE COIN I ALREADY PAID FOR

WE NEED BETTER.

yes, its already happening in India. bucketshops run on fractional reserve systems counting on traders getting rekt to keep a bank run from every happening. hence why they intentionally keep their bandwidth low and ddos themselves during bull and bear traps. i can't wait until coinbase, kraken, and polo all get investigated by the SEC. lmao at thinking they can play with the wall st. big boys while running edgelord, carder-tier bucket shops.

I remember having to do quite a bit of punching and kicking with my bank to get them to stop blocking Coinbase transactions, because even after verifying they still blocked a transaction because they thought it was fraud.

I use Chase too btw, which, based on what I've heard on here about Coinbase as well as on my own experiences, might be the only bank that Coinbase is 100% "compatible" with.

don't transfer coins to gambling and drug sites directly from the coinbase wallet and you won't get "scammed"

I've never had a problem with coinbase and I've spent around 5 grand with them. This is obviously coinbase competitors shilling.

Pic related.

tell me how i register and go to set a payment option and it tells me that i'm locked out for 24 hours because i've attempted more than what was allowed (i didn't even try once)

coinbase is shit and went down today too

i don't really have a problem with coinbase but gdax is questionable

it's because they're adding tokens

gdax is coinbase

yeah but its a different interface and dev i believe. i've never had an actual problem on coinbase.com but gdax is garbage

oh yeah, different webapp for sure and most definitely a different dev team. coinbase is the broker and gdax is the exchange.

i've also never had any issues with coinbase, but i'm actually about to give gdax a try.

be careful and good luck user

same to you :)

oy vey i just wish i could use bitmex or there was something like it available in the US. kraken and polo are the only exchanges that have both margin and actual volume

i've been diddling with bittrex for day trade funsies but if I can consolidate and go with coinbase/gdax I'd be interested in doing so. obviously not in the short term as gdax doesn't have altcoin markets.

>>Coinbase finally fixes their CVN number glitch
>>Add a debit card and I have to "verify it" with my bank using 2 transactions, telling them the exact amount
>>Coinbase sends 3 transactions at the same time
>>Try to guess which is which
>>On second try get locked out for 24 hours
>THIS WEBSITE IS AS BAD AS IT GETS
>I NEED TO WAIT A WEEK TO GET THE COIN I ALREADY PAID FOR
>
>WE NEED BETTER.

literally just had that same fucking problem
>tfw you're going to miss the dip
right now ETH is doing exactly what it did on the 21st/22nd

I can beat that: one of the 3 amounts was 0.00 which I can't enter in the field.
I also got like a dozen emails saying HEY IT'S BEEN POSTED YOU CAN VERIFY NOW.

>I NEED TO WAIT A WEEK TO GET THE COIN I ALREADY PAID FOR
look on the bright side, your price is locked in and your hands will be iron

You are a retard and a faggot.
I can't even get that far, because every time I do fucking anything I get locked out for a day. It's obnoxious.

bittrex doesn't have margin usd trades though. bitmex does but they don't allow US customers. i wish gemini would do more, they seem the most poised to become a real exchange but they move at turtle speed.

yeah i'm not interested in margin trading at the moment, i'm still learning.

i've been recommending coinbase to my friends since it works for me and i've been a customer since 2012-2013. however one of my other friends recommended gemini to me. Either way they both seem solid.

>i'm not interested in margin trading at the moment, i'm still learning.
this is very wise. margin gets most traders rekt. it can be nice for obvious short moves though once you are comfortable spotting them

Any other sites besides Coinbase that accepts credit card? Coinmama doesn't work for me either.

give xapo a try

CEX.io

I linked a savings account from my bank to coinbase. I then move funds from that to coinbase. It takes 5-8 days for the transfer to complete. So best to always have some usd on coinbase and schedule transfers so when dips happen you have the funds. Move your coins off to another wallet like jaxx, exodus, whatever. Then move some into bitrrex for buying shitcoins. Move your btc profits back to wallet. Don't leave your btc on exchanges. Coinbase vault is ok but understand it takes several days to remove coins from vault.

god i miss the old days when banks didn't know what bitcoin even was and allowed companies to accept direct cash deposits in marked envelopes...the good old days

coinbase can suck my dick.

Whats the best alternative to this garbage?

gemini but they don't have as many options yet. you can also buy from xapo or kraken but i wouldn't recommend kraken desu.

I just sent bought and sent btc from coinbase to bittrex - how long does it take for confirmation, generally? Trying to buy the digishit

thanks. Gemini doesn't work in my state yet but xapo seems to be working so far.

I have been using them for years and have never had a problem.

cuckbase is the new mt.gox

go to the bull exchange

yeah they used to work pretty well but i haven't used them in a while. kraken is shady and takes weeks to get verified.

>gemini
>moon missions

Are they us?