Holy shit the coin ponzi is real

Any reason why number of unconfirmed transactions is 178000?

blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

What about fees? Can btc scale up to handle transactions on the scale of current debit/credit cards?

bitcoinfees.21.co/

If btc can't even handle the traffic of a bunch of speculators what hope does it have as a currency?

Also how does one cash out of this stuff all the exchanges are super sketchy...

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/reuvencohen/2013/11/28/global-bitcoin-computing-power-now-256-times-faster-than-top-500-supercomputers-combined/
youtube.com/watch?v=jUhe7J6-aG0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lightning network

Did you by any chance learn about crypto like yesterday?

The tragedy is that even if BTC gets dumped hard to something like $800, the unconfirmed transactions will remain there. This cancer was built in. I was asking questions about the lowered returns of mining in 2013 and no one gave a fuck or even understood the mining procedure and rewards.

>If btc can't even handle the traffic of a bunch of speculators what hope does it have as a currency?

Yeah like, how am I supposed to buy a pint of milk with Bitcoin guise!? Because that's what everyone expects to use it for right??

The fading hope of buying a pint of milk is basically the only thing that stops Bitcoin from checking all the boxes of a Ponzi scheme.

Bit coin is gold, not dollars.

You use it to store your money in a non deprecating non inflationary asset. You use it for big transfers (10k+) that would cost you an arm and a leg through regular banks but only costs a few dollars with bitcoin.

In the future your bitcoin wallet will be your own personal bank. Instead of depending on the kikes all your income will go into your BTC wallet and you'll just withdraw fiat as you need it.

>more new paradigm talk

Just fuck off

Do some reading on blockchain. If you don't understand why this tech will revolutionize everything you are a fucking brainlet that deserves to stay poor.

What Google did for information is what Blockchain will to do financial markets.

This is like being able to invest in Google in 1995.

I agree with what you guys are saying, BUT

Blockchain tech in general. Not the current Bitcoin.

In order for Blockchain to work there must be a crypto to reward the miners. Otherwise no transactions get through. Bitcoin will be that crypto. I see absolutely 0 reason why any alt coin would replace it.

yeah the tech will stay, bitcoin will not.

small blocks and jew shills holding it where it is

Your opinion.

which coin do you think will be the blockchain to help markets? this i don't understand cause it seems Veeky Forums thinks xrp isn't actually used in bank transactions so isn't it better to just buy ripple stocks instead lmao

do you really think this will get adopted to the masses, or not get regualted in some way?
you dreams are big, hope it works out.
i think there will be a new centralized crypto in the near future.

Bitcoin is already collapsing under its own weight. 50% transaction fee and 1 week wait coming soon to an exchange near you.

I think it will be Bitcoin. It has the bran recognition, it's old, it's established and it got it right the first time through.

Any bells and whistles that alt coins have can be added to Bitcoin if really needed.

I hear this argument all the time "it's the gold it's not meant for fast transfers" but like any other coin can replace the current system and are even better than BTC. I just feel like you are making, like if another coin can do it better, that's all. No reason to use BTC, there is no value to being slow imo

Just stop. Your stupid is overwhelming.

No one knows. I just believe this tech is the future and I want to be invested in it.

Have you ever thought of the scenario where the Fed gets anxious from this exponentially increasing crypto currency market and makes their own?

If that was to happen it would technically constitute 99% of the crypto market cap and no one would bother with altcoins/bitcoin due to the legal validity of a Fed-issued crypto, and it also benefits the Fed as they're in control. There's zero reason for that to not happen, and it will soon enough.

What bells and whistles do you speak of?

we all know this tech is the future, it really is, or at least something close to it. im not doubting you on that. i doubt that bitcoin its self as the currency will be adopted to the masses and be considered valuable in anyway, thats just what i think.

Here's the deal. They can't. No one has the computing power of the Bitcoin network. Not Google, not Amazon, not the fed, not any government. No one.

If any one entity ever tried to make a coin and it became valuable it would be extremely susceptible to hacking.

forbes.com/sites/reuvencohen/2013/11/28/global-bitcoin-computing-power-now-256-times-faster-than-top-500-supercomputers-combined/

Things like smart contracts

>there is no value to being slow imo

Every chain that is "fast" is going to face the same problem as btc but worse. or they are compromising their security in some way by requiring less confirmation or what have you. btc is comparatively slow, immutable, and secure. use other coins to buy your milk and btc to secure your grandchildrens inheritance.

>owered returns of mining
Doesn't bitcoin already fluctuate the coins awarded per block as to keep mining rising? When coins run out a transaction fee could be added.

>Can btc scale up to handle transactions on the scale of current debit/credit cards?
no it cannot. bitcoin core has written extensively on the technical details of this. tl'dr lightning network

>2013/11/28

Jesus it must be huge today

wait wait wait but lightning is still bitcoin right?

cc youtube.com/watch?v=jUhe7J6-aG0

congrats now you understand you should diversify to a btc eth spilit

>50% transaction fee

where does this number come from?

THIS IS OUR BOARD NOW NORMIE NECK YOURSELF

> Fed gets anxious from this exponentially increasing crypto currency market and makes their own?
They are not smart enough to compete and win.

>Jesus it must be huge today
Kind of, modern ASIC's have made those comparisons useless, since an ASIC only works to mine Bitcoin meanwhile the vast majority of those supercomputers are general purpose
The introduction of ASIC's and the widespread adoption of mining farms and vertical companies doing all the mining have centralized blockchain securing immensely, it's not that unfeasible for a state actor to attack the blockchain, the majority of power it's in China, and a chink pool got so big it was pretty close to be able to attack the network a few years ago

Bitcoin being slow doesn't make it more secure retard, you have no idea what you're talking about.